Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: biggest moments of "oh s**t" that you had in MWDF  (Read 8608 times)

Smiteson

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: biggest moments of "oh s**t" that you had in MWDF
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 03:09:57 am »

Probably the time I found a Red Marker.
This. The necromorphs tore through my military in less than a week and my whole fort in a month. Scary archaeology stuff.

Smiteson

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 01:13:10 pm »

A new one: While my dorfs are settling, I forgot to pen my turrets somewhere safe. Hellfire turrets + raccoon + wide plains + wagon not empty = explosive alcohol fun. My stacks of soap melted =-=

IgnacM991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2015, 03:22:37 pm »

If you would like to recreate my biggest "oh sh..." moment with MDF then please do the following steps.
1. Build a thriving aboveground community, mine but DO NOT live underground.
2. Be lazy and don't pave the first floor, let the dwarves live on the grass.
3. Make a narrow mage tower (like Orthanc!)
4. On top of that tower, place your very first fire magic altar.
5. Immolate? Sounds fun!
6. ???
7. PROFIT! FUN!

Rakden

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2015, 07:33:29 am »

Being an experienced Masterwork player, i decided to turn on all additional invaders (Stranglers, Nightwings etc.).

When I played as Warlocks, I built big underground dungeon. At first floor there was a lot of cage traps. But i didn't know that enemy armed Nightwings are [Trap_Avoid]. That was 'fun'.

Another moment was when I played as Succubi (few moments ago so I remember even the details) - few of my Drowspiders went on rampage. Then, someone (Decay Brute maybe?) sprayed some kind of liquid - then rest of my spiders (30) got mad. Well, i got a lot of bones, meat and souls. I was butchering them and... [A vile force of darkness has arrived!].
About 70 of Dark Strangler Wrestlers attacked me from all directions (many groups). Few of my succubi were drinking water from river (I forgot to brew drinks,  :P ). One of my ladies died, but everyone else escaped to my fort. Enemy attacked my gate. 10 of them got caught by cage traps. Rest of them entered the 'caravan zone', and... remember 'Rampage Liquid'? Yes, it was a slaughter. They started fighting each other (btw, another 10 got into traps). I started to laugh seeing this.

20 got caught, 5 died by hand of their fellows. Then they escaped. I lost only one animal taker, and few bats. Now, I need to make some kind of trap or killing mechanism to get more food and leather.

Sorry for mistakes and bad english, it's not my native language.

McTinius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2015, 05:07:09 pm »

The first was less a ''oh s**t'' moment, and more a ''oh you little s**t'', a strange mood armorsmith, thinking this is perfect and got metall industry running just for him, and the little s**t creates an Artifact Slag left boot, encrusted with hanging rings of Slag. Worth 10bucks. Bastard was possesed too.

First really ''oh s**t'' moment was 3 years in to an orc fortress, struggeling to get by on a Sinister Shavana with 45 orc at the time, when, I kid you not, about 70 dwarfs on steel clad war grizzly bears came knocking. Totaling 160 invader, counting mounts, dwarfs and Faedogs.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2015, 07:16:01 pm »

When a lone drowen assailant not only blocked or dodged several hundred bolas, a ten-tile wide trap hall full of serrated discs and then butchered my orichalcum armed kobold miltia before killing off the entire civlian population of my settlement while only taking one wound: A scratch on the cheek.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Catseye50000

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2015, 10:24:40 pm »

So far, my biggest OHS**T! moment is when I started running Succubi.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2015, 02:05:58 pm »

When a lone drowen assailant not only blocked or dodged several hundred bolas, a ten-tile wide trap hall full of serrated discs and then butchered my orichalcum armed kobold miltia before killing off the entire civlian population of my settlement while only taking one wound: A scratch on the cheek.
He IS the one!

IAmTheMadLord

• Bay Watcher
  • I sure do love lunchtime and cutting off thumbs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2015, 12:43:32 am »

So far, my biggest OHS**T! moment is when I started running Succubi.
I've been having a problem where their unarmed attacks light things on fire randomly, but yeah succubi are pretty interesting to say the least.

to remain on topic, my biggest "oh, Sh**" moment was when in the fall of the first year of my succubi fortress, a force of 30 dwarves including several legendary wrestlers showed up at my doorstep.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2015, 02:03:54 pm »

Normally, fury sieges hang out at the edges while I pick them off with ballistae. The first time they bring 20 crossbows with them, they decide to swarm my open-air fort immediately. 5 dwarves dead along with a dozen war animals, including a mastiff killed by a flying head from a decapitated fury. Good times.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2015, 04:52:35 pm »

5+ years of playing DF and I just realized this.

Ambushes and sieges show up late in each season. Therefore, signal battle stations and get every one in the fort early.

Also, werebeasts, holy crap. One shows up during a rime giant siege, infecting 10 or so Giants who resisted volcanic and adamantine weapons for quite a while.

taldarus

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2015, 03:57:17 am »

More modding, but it happened when I was tinkering with MW so....

Theres an error log.

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2015, 04:59:33 am »

Warlock Fort: I thought it would be a good idea to teach all my warlocks firespells. They are the most effective and deadly spells there is. Good in theory and out in the battlefield. However, something gets *into* the fort? They will happily dragonbreath the entire dining hall. Idling skeletons? Gone. Prisoners? Gone. My supply of domesticated porcupines? Gone. The booze? Exploding.

Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Three Blind Mice running on a keyboard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2015, 06:45:03 pm »

My Orc Fort of a couple months ago caused some forehead thumping and "Oh, S**t."

My Orc fort caught on fire, three times. First time during a siege, and the second just before one. At this point I put my offensive dreamwalker variants (Sorcerers?) to death to safeguard the rest of the fort. Then the third time it happened (A fox!) I started looking through the fort for 'Hidden !!FUN!! Things'; you know, the equivalent to the cult of the Carp God, or screwy vampires with a firespell or something.

I finally figured it out after three fort-interior firestorms, half my Uruk/Ronin/Olog squad, and 43 civilian deaths, including 4 legendaries. Fire Arrows I;d apparently mass looted/claimed from some dead elves that my snaga squads had looted.

RegalDoom! The Little Warlock Who Could!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137494.0

Lord scorch

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of the steelflame fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2016, 06:04:17 am »

when you forget you made a topic and let it go under for about a year with no post XD

one last on from me:

when you have your warlock forts gate open and a huge invasion comes to kick some undead ass
....and you did not have the gate linked to a lever....

GOOD NEWS: i had 20-some ghouls that had good skills from biting the eyes out of giant ostrichs

ALSO GOOD NEWS: i had 2 soul wisp set up at the gate if this kinda thing happend

!!GREAT!! NEWS: the soul wisps went off and sent both armies to sleepy-ville

then it turned into one of THOSE pokemon bettles where both pokemon are asleep and at red HP and you are crossing your lucky fingers yours is the first to WAKE THE FUCK UP
("Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
I'm 99% sure this is how Resident Evil started.)

("A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration")

("I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.")
Pages: 1 [2] 3