Poll

Placeholder

k
- 0 (0%)
no
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: OwnedWind - "Now a succession fort" edition!  (Read 2593 times)

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
Re: OwnedWind - "Now a succession fort" edition!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 12:44:08 am »

Add me to the list please.
Also, why not keep to the standard 2-weeks, 1 year turn length?

It's currently a 1-week turn, no matter if a year has passed or not. I just want to make sure I'm allowing everyone a chance  :) If this is the standard, I might change it to this.
That's been the standard on all fort's I have played in, with a few exceptions that depends on how much everyone else cares. If the year is !!fun!!, and finals are oncoming, some slack is usually given. Also, having about 2 days to confirm that you are taking the fort is also used a lot.
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 11:52:30 pm »

Sorry guys, I think skip me. I'm not happy with what I did so far and can't get myself to play further.

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2015, 12:25:08 am »

Aw boo  :'(

If you want to be added back to the queue, just say so, otherwise the next person is up.

Please comment  to confirm you have the save.
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2015, 11:18:11 am »

People in line, please re-read the rules regarding turns.  :)
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

95noodles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2015, 08:08:19 pm »

Alright, I have recieved the save and I am starting it up, expect an update while I am playing!

95noodles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2015, 10:49:46 pm »

4th of Granite, 553

The absolute worst best thing happened to me! I heard that The previous owner had given the leadership of the place to a person with a 'Demonic Spoon'. I don't think i would ever give leadership to someone like that. Funny thing is, The demonic guy ran straight into my managerial office and slammed down the papers to the place and murmured "Have fun" as he waltz out of my office. I don't know why he just gave it up like that. I haven't really been out of my office much so this is a good time to walk outside and get a feel for what is going on around here.

5th of Granite, 553

THEY ARE EVERYWHERE

Who the bloody hell let this happen! We are blocked in and we have no way to escape, and to make it worse with this many bastards outside, we won't have the ability to trade with the outside world. This also means that we are destined to fail here. We have over 20 craftsdwarfs and with our situation there is only 2 that can be of use, and that is the stonecrafters. Over 12 useless fisherdwarfs. More useless farming jobs than we can afford as well. With our population as it is, we will be destined for failure. We also have no military, just because a couple of fools say they are the military doesn't mean that they can fen off from almost 100 zombies and necromancers.

Not that it matters, but our defenses are horrid. We have a ballista inside pointing out. Just one. Oh and a catapult. Might see the usefulness of it, more than likely none.

6th of Granite, 553

I have spent most of today and yesterday thinking about our options. So here we are on these plentiful options:

1.We stay in here like cowards and starve
2.We do a last ditch effort to kill all the necromancers pets, more than likely leading everyone to their dooms
3.We attempt to retreat with as many people as possible *considering combining 2 and 3, having many people charge into the enemy giving others a chance to escape

To be honest, I prefer some people living rather than none. So I am planning after the end of 2 month to follow through with plan 3 to the fullest extent. I have a plan for how to truly escape this horrid island. I am sending out all our woodworkers out in order to build a ship to get to a mainland. I will probably have to sacrifice most if not all the military in order to do this, but I know it is the only way to leave. Even if the necromancers chase after them, we can all just leave. Will have 2 carpenters in case they fail and we run the other direction.

Armok help us all.

95noodles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2015, 11:01:00 pm »

Is it ok for us to move to another region? That list was actually the only outcomes that could happen.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2015, 01:15:15 am »

I could upload a schematic of my atomsmashing labyrinth if you like, it managed to smash up the undead siege pretty easily.

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2015, 12:07:57 pm »

I doubt the necromancer army is the last of us  :P

Yes, it's extremely unorganized, but I'm sure there's something we can do to survive !

I suggest Demonic uploading the atom smasher schematic.

We're dwarves, we'll figure something out. should have remembered to announce the siege in the OP

95noodles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2015, 01:22:02 pm »

Well personally I think it would be more interesting if we were to have some dwarfs retreat from the homeland and journey out, it would make for a more interesting story, it is up to you guys though

95noodles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 04:11:15 pm »

Next update will either be Friday or Saturday, where I have most of the time to play n what not. So hang in there guys.

ANoNameIs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2015, 10:42:24 pm »

hey, If its still possible to join the lsit, sign me up for the next slot!

Pearofclubs

• Bay Watcher
  • Servant of -it-
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 08:58:37 pm »

The last settlement of a dying race? Don't mind if I do!

Don't think I have the time to take a turn, but I'd love to be dorfed! Gimme the most useless migrant you can find... :P
Can't wait to see more.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 10:26:18 pm by Pearofclubs »

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2015, 09:56:50 pm »

Can i have a turn?
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2015, 08:59:38 pm »

Let me guess, this is dead   :(
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
Pages: 1 [2]