Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.22.110.22f Released  (Read 7596 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Dwarf Fortress 0.22.110.22f Released
« on: November 03, 2006, 07:55:00 pm »

Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

Changes

This release is mainly to handle the issues with specific piles.  There are a few other bug fixes as well.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.22.110.22f Released
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 10:35:00 pm »

Woo!  Can't wait to use this version.

DDouble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 10:47:00 pm »

New releases always make me happy but when nothing on the dev list even rings a bell for me, i have trouble getting excited. I can't wait for HF: Human Fortress! Yeeee-A humans!

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 10:58:00 pm »

The new pile bugfixes look like they'll be great, I'm going to "test" this now  :)

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 11:02:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by DDouble:
<STRONG>New releases always make me happy but when nothing on the dev list even rings a bell for me, i have trouble getting excited. I can't wait for HF: Human Fortress! Yeeee-A humans!</STRONG>
Pfft, I'm waiting for Wizard Tower.

But in terms of closer things, I'm also looking forward to the Artifacts arc and the Adventurer Skills arc.  It will be fun to be able to, say, craft your own equipment in adventurer mode, or set up your own little base somewhere.

Hmm.  I wonder, will adventurers be able to play Suikoden and recruit people from all over the world, then plant them at their base?  Of course, having them stay at an empty base just because you tell them to probably isn't very realistic...  But possibly they could stay as long as you feed them or something.

...although, I'm also looking forward to all the things to make the world come more alive.

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 11:10:00 pm »

I've never played or even heard anything about Suikoden.  But yeah, they'd need a reason to stay.  I guess the drunks just need booze and so on, but no matter how much you have, there probably wouldn't be much when you come back.  Unless you score some kind of dwarven artifact barrel that's always full...

The next Future of the Fortress will probably involve the Adv Skills Arc, although we're not 100% decided.  It's important to get more of those basic elements in, anyway.

Kylaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 12:21:00 am »

Drinks are properly stashed in food stockpiles now, yes?

Also, can I use the same world, or must I generate a new one? I have a nice fort started, but it isn't very far along.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 12:28:00 am »

You can always use your old saves.  Drinks should be working.

edit: always unless you went through 22d or whatever it was...  the horror.

[ November 04, 2006: Message edited by: Toady One ]

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 12:40:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Aquillion:
<STRONG>

But in terms of closer things, I'm also looking forward to the Artifacts arc and the Adventurer Skills arc.  It will be fun to be able to, say, craft your own equipment in adventurer mode, or set up your own little base somewhere.</STRONG>

Same here.  Fort Mode is awesome, but takes a lot of time to dig into.  As such, I'm not always willing to throw time into messing around with new versions.  New A. Mode content is always interesting, though.  I can't wait for the next batch of goodies we'll get to mess around with.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 01:15:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Capntastic:
takes a lot of time to dig into.

//joke

Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

karnot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 01:24:00 am »

quote:
This release is mainly to handle the issues with specific piles.

How is this release in terms of save compatibility ?

quote:
 Hmm. I wonder, will adventurers be able to play Suikoden and recruit people from all over the world, then plant them at their base? Of course, having them stay at an empty base just because you tell them to probably isn't very realistic...

Well, in Suikoden you are hatching a revolution, people arent just staying with you because you feed them.  :)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 01:25:00 am »

Saves should load and be fairly normal.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006, 04:42:00 am »

quote:
I've never played or even heard anything about Suikoden.
In Suikoden, the player always has a fortress of some sort, and they have to go around the world recruiting people for it.  Most of them are party members who you can take with you or leave at home, but it also includes armorers, general-store salesmen, appraisers, mapmakers, a guy who installs an elevator, a kid who stands by your front door and tells everyone the name of your fortress, that sort of thing.  Basically, building a fortress by adventuring around the world looking for interesting people to take home, without actually having to spend very much time at the fortress.

quote:
Originally posted by karnot:
<STRONG>
Well, in Suikoden you are hatching a revolution, people arent just staying with you because you feed them.      :)</STRONG>

As I recall, a few of them actually are just staying with you because you feed them.

But anyway, what I was really getting at is how PCs founding towns will work.  They could guide a caravan to establish the initial location, then 'recruit' people for it by wandering around and making offers...  your town would have to be able to support someone (say, by having a steady supply of raw metals for a metalsmith, or a decent amount of cash on hand for a merchant) before they'd come.

Basically, it would be nice to be able to have some effect on civilization with the computer handling most of the details, and without having to go into the extreme commitment of fortress/town mode...  sort of building up a combination between a town and a base of operations, maybe.

[ November 04, 2006: Message edited by: Aquillion ]

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

grendel

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 08:53:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>
The next Future of the Fortress will probably involve the Adv Skills Arc, although we're not 100% decided.</STRONG>

In my opinion, this would be a great way to go. It would really add to adventurer mode, and would be nice for poor dwarves and elves, and especially custom races, because they could finally get some gear.     :)

[ November 04, 2006: Message edited by: grendel ]

Arnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006, 12:20:00 pm »

When I was saving the new version windows had some kind of error, now when I try to load it I get an inflate error -3 or something like that anyway, please help!
Pages: [1] 2