Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Macabre Mood: What do "certain things" include?  (Read 4624 times)

Grahar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Macabre Mood: What do "certain things" include?
« on: May 09, 2015, 03:33:25 pm »

So after four years of playing dwarf fortress, I finally got a dwarf with a macabre mood. He demands "things... certain things". The first thing he took was a skull, so no surprises here. The wiki says "certain things" includes skulls and vermin remains. I have other skulls in my stockpiles, and one outside stockpile has different vermin remains, such as honey bee remains, large roach remains, blue jay remains and green tree frog remains. Those apparently do not satisfy his needs. What else could he want? Bones, shell, hooves and teeth are available, too.
I am an or-di-na-ry dwarf
burning down the !!fort!!

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
Re: Macabre Mood: What do "certain things" include?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 03:46:52 pm »

wiki page on strange mood may help.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

Grahar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 03:52:17 pm »

It does not. The wiki lists remains and skulls as materials for "things... certain things", and I have both.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 03:56:34 pm »

Hmm... remains of a enemy or even Dwarf?
I doubt that he needs vomit... on the other hand, *shrugs*

Grahar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 04:04:57 pm »

Hmm... remains of a enemy or even Dwarf?
I doubt that he needs vomit... on the other hand, *shrugs*
Enemy corpses? certainly not, I unforbid my dumped enemy bodies, and the moody dwarf did not move a centimeter. I also have several dwarves in coffins, though I dare not to disturb them.
And vomit... If there is one thing I have in abundances it's vomit. My streets and bridges are green. Normally, they would be white, but nobody has seen the untainted chalk for years.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 04:42:44 pm »

Vermin remains, then? Do you have cats?

Grahar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 04:46:25 pm »

As I said, I have honey bee remains, large roach remains, blue jay remains and green tree frog remains. They're all outside, but that should not matter, right?

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 05:17:26 pm »

Maybe it's something else he needs. Perhaps you aren't (q)uerying the workshop for long enough to see his next demand? Also do you have normal bones and leather available?
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

Grahar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 05:26:03 pm »

He needs "certain things" (several times), silk cloth, leather, yarn cloth and some other stuff, which is all available. I'm pretty sure the problem lies with the "certain things".

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 05:50:18 pm »

Macabre moods are rare enough that I won't be suprised if they haven't been fully scienced. DFHack showmood in these cases.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 06:29:18 pm »

As I said, I have honey bee remains, large roach remains, blue jay remains and green tree frog remains. They're all outside, but that should not matter, right?

I believe that could definitely matter, depending on your options. I recall there being something like "ignore outdoor vermin remains" in some menu. Or maybe it was simply something about cleaning outdoors. At any rate, might be worth looking into.
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Devin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2015, 02:00:33 am »

One thought - he isn't in a burrow, is he?  One could be stopping him from getting to the stockpiles.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2015, 02:27:07 am »

I believe that could definitely matter, depending on your options. I recall there being something like "ignore outdoor vermin remains" in some menu. Or maybe it was simply something about cleaning outdoors. At any rate, might be worth looking into.

That was my reaction as well. The vermin remains ignore is under {o}rders, and it's buggy. Get some vermin remains into a stockpile deep indoors, and see if it helps any. Also check he's not inadvertantly burrowed.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 03:02:18 am »

It'd be pretty cool if macabre moods were linked with necromancy... with them resulting in necromancer dwarves (which you should be able to employ in various interesting manners) and necromancy-granting artifacts
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Uggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2015, 03:07:55 am »

Try dfhack: showmood
Pages: [1] 2