Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.22.120.23a Released  (Read 6913 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.22.120.23a Released
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2006, 12:59:00 pm »

Hmm, for some reason ever since upgrading to the recent version, I've been spammed with endless "..cancels Bring item to Shop: Could not find path" -messages.

myd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2006, 03:24:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Majestic7:
<STRONG>Hmm, for some reason ever since upgrading to the recent version, I've been spammed with endless "..cancels Bring item to Shop: Could not find path" -messages.</STRONG>

There seems to be some new pathfinding bug with the recent version. The dwarfes in my dining hall could not find a way out to store their plump helmet spawns into bags (the seed barrels were in the room next to the dining hall).

I tried to dig some additional exits, but only recuiting and ordering them out helped.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 04:39:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by myd:
<STRONG>

There seems to be some new pathfinding bug with the recent version. The dwarfes in my dining hall could not find a way out to store their plump helmet spawns into bags (the seed barrels were in the room next to the dining hall).

I tried to dig some additional exits, but only recuiting and ordering them out helped.</STRONG>

Unfortunately these lads are all nobles, so I can't try recruiting them to end the spam.

flap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 07:26:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Solara:
<STRONG>

Heh. Obviously you haven't played many commercial games lately...</STRONG>

Actually, not since 6 or 7 years... Independant devlopment is much more interresting.

ctrlfrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 03:50:00 pm »

I swear there is a problem with the human traders... last 6 forts they havent come. I cant be THAT unlucky choosing a cut off location. And the elves still come...

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 07:36:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Majestic7:
<STRONG>Hmm, for some reason ever since upgrading to the recent version, I've been spammed with endless "..cancels Bring item to Shop: Could not find path" -messages.</STRONG>

Located the cause of these messages. Apparentally, the nobles are trying to get a horse leather shoe that is stuck underwater after drowning some goblins. Hmm, perhaps the "bring item to shop"-code doesn't check if the item inaccessible or something, like other hauling jobs? Don't know, but it is certainly spamming my message buffer so full I can't notice any really meaningful messages.

Velcro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2006, 12:03:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by ctrlfrk:
<STRONG>I swear there is a problem with the human traders... last 6 forts they havent come. I cant be THAT unlucky choosing a cut off location. And the elves still come...</STRONG>

I have the same problem.  Is there something obvious I missed?

ctrlfrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2006, 03:10:00 pm »

I haven't gotten round to finishing my checking, but you might want to try waiting till spring of the second year before finishing your 3xN road to the depot.

Do you usually build the road before the first dwarven caravan turns up?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2006, 03:37:00 pm »

I checked a fort yesterday, and it was an accessibility problem.  If you want to check, backup your save, abandon, Adventurer Play Now! and enter the wilderness.  If you can figure out where you are on the world map, and it's accessible to a human town, there's a problem, and I can check your original save.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2006, 04:41:00 pm »

This relates to the thread covering the display for choosing your starting location.  Could you add a "nearby civilizations" field to the starting location chooser?  Just "goblin" "kobold" "dwarf" "human", etc. -- so the player can see whether they're cut off from whomever.

I guess by necessity one is never cut off from dwarven civilizations.

Zonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2006, 08:10:00 am »

I haven't been playing the game for like two months or so, because of other concerns - however I'm now downloading the latest version, as the latest changes and bugfixes really look interesting, especially the stockpile and jobs ones.
Pages: 1 [2]