Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HERO'S QUEST  (Read 4527 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: HERO'S QUEST
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 04:19:51 pm »

Or maybe the world of DBZ?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 04:51:51 pm »

CHAPTER 1 Part 1
Perspective of player 2

You are male. Recently more and more monsters have been spotted near your city. Right now you stand on the highest tower in your town.
Did I mention that your town is floating in midair and is the most important center of magic?

Most citizens discover their magic powers by the age of 12. Right now you are 20 and you still have not discovered any magic skills that you are really good at.
Well, that's not quite true. You do have a bit of a knack for the art of Sarki (s + are/ kai). Of course, given that no one is allowed to leave the town, no one sees any use in it.

The Basics of Sarki:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway back too player 2...

Today a large force of Harpies attacked the town. While the top magicians protected the city you were instructed too find cover indoors. You had every intention of following the orders you were given until you saw the portal open in the sky a few thousand feet away from the village. A female dwarven figure fell through the portal holding a strange glowing purplish sphere and began to plummet towards the ground. You knew that if you did not do something, she was going to die. In an act of bravery you performed a Sarki change on a small magic wand which you had on you and exited the magic boundary surrounding the city, thus exiling yourself from your birthland forever.

prompt 3:
Note: If there is no art on a main story post yet, it means you are posting as I am updating (I post the stories body and then create art which I add later on)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 06:12:24 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 05:04:23 pm »

Name: Edemor Underlight
Race: Dark elf
Class: Warrior - Scimitar

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 05:15:14 pm »

Subclass of Skirmisher. Aka a more mobile, less armored warrior that can use ranged weapons.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 06:24:25 pm »

Name: Venta
Race: Elf with minor demonic heritage.
Class: Historic enthusiast (Uses boomerangs, atlatl, spears and weighted blunt throwing objects.)
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2015, 12:55:51 pm »

CHAPTER 1 Part 2

Player 2 Character Bio part 2:
Intro to Magic and Combat Part 1:
Prompt 4...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 09:48:34 am by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2015, 01:10:42 pm »

Ptw

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2015, 06:27:20 pm »

Venta Crashes into Voku, and they both hit the dirt some odd thousand miles down, heavily injured, forcing them to work together just to survive.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 04:00:54 pm »

CHAPTER 1 Part 3
Venta Crashes into Voku, and they both hit the dirt some odd thousand miles down, heavily injured, forcing them to work together just to survive.

On contact with player 1, Protocol 38 occurs.
(That is to say perspective changes to player 1, several seconds before contact happens)

You fall through a shimmering layer of light and give a loud dwarven yell as you emerge in the sky.

You suddenly notice that you are falling downwards from 20,000 feet high. You see a floating city ahead of you and a winged figure rushing towards you. You don't understand how they can fly but you are not about to question it. The winged figure crashes into you and their wings disappear. The figure seems to be holding onto a small magic wand.

You remember that you are falling and hope that you have a soft landing. You are lucky. You land in a small pond, relatively close to the edge. The other character appears to be drowning. Luckily you can swim. You drag the other character out of the water onto dry land.

The pond seems to magically disappear. You see the rare orb you picked up glowing but do not think much about it.

The other character seems to be hurt worse than you are. You take a closer look at him to assess him for injuries. He appears to have a broken wrist and he has a low level of consiousness. There's not much you can do about it without proper medical supplies.

You suddenly realize that you don't have any of your combat gear at all. In fact, the only items you have at all is the rare orb and a small sword that appeared in your inventory.
You here a roaring noise behind you and see a Red Dragon advancing towards you.

The other character seems to be saying something to you.
"I ... am ... Venta ... Underlight. Who  ... are ... you ?"
You respond that you are...

The other Venta says to pay attention to the attacking Dragon.
You turn around and enter combat.

Prompt 5...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 04:18:42 pm by star2wars3 »

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2015, 04:24:36 pm »

Patiently Wait, Allowing it to get a hit on us if necessary, what it does not realize is that we are Slowly increasing our power for a sudden, and powerful strike to it's tail, to lop it off in one blow.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2015, 06:39:55 am »

CHAPTER Part 4

Patiently Wait, Allowing it to get a hit on us if necessary, what it does not realize is that we are Slowly increasing our power for a sudden, and powerful strike to it's tail, to lop it off in one blow.

The Dragon was more powerful than you thought. It attacked so suddenly that it broke your concentration. Almost all the magic power you have gathered around yourself at this moment haws disappeared. You survive the Dragon's flame attack with 1 health point left.

Then you realize that your max. health points is 1. You realize that this has got to be the wimpiest dragon you have ever seen. You lop its tail off with 1 blow and the Dragon howls in pain and sobs. Over all the crying you hear the Dragon say. "My tail. My beautiful spiky tail."
You pause to figure out what to do.

Prompt 6...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 06:41:31 am by star2wars3 »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2015, 05:50:50 pm »

Ok slightly important update. I decided to play musical Forums. I am going to move anything on the Villain's Journey half of the thread onto a random Forum where I started another session of this game but instead of the Villain's Quest dying, the Hero's Quest died. Basically I am merging to successful session halves together to create 1 big successful story arc. The villain has been chosen.

Anyway here is the link to the Dark Side: http://darkcrestmc.enjin.com/forum/m/7197526/viewthread/21666983-villains-journey/page/1
Pages: 1 [2]