Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't go fight evil  (Read 2492 times)

Can't go fight evil
« on: May 10, 2015, 08:26:45 pm »

For some reason, I can't go fight evil, the only tings that I did are 1) causing havoc in the genetics lab and 2) going to the clinic for 2 months.
Or you could just let the children roam free and natural selection will take care of them.
I'm now picturing an elf wrestler trying to suplex my battlements.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Can't go fight evil
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 09:31:02 pm »

Do you have any squads defined? You cycle through them with [Tab] on the main menu. You can check existing squads in the "[R]eview Assets and Form Squads" menu.

If it wasn't selected properly, it was probably because of your stay in the clinic.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 04:22:09 pm »

Do you have any squads defined? You cycle through them with [Tab] on the main menu. You can check existing squads in the "[R]eview Assets and Form Squads" menu.

If it wasn't selected properly, it was probably because of your stay in the clinic.
Ok thanks.

Or you could just let the children roam free and natural selection will take care of them.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 04:46:32 pm »

I'm having some other problems, I can't figure out how to do credit card fraud, increase my reputation and influence politics. Does anyone know a good guide that thoroughly explains the game, I looked for one but I couldn't find one.

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 05:27:54 pm »

I'm assuming you've already checked out the somewhat helpful, somewhat outdated wiki (http://lcs.wikidot.com/)

There are also some Let's Plays by Jonathan S. Fox himself, (And now that I half-heartedly search youtube for those I realize, lots of other people too)

I don't know, I think the most useful tutorial you'll find is to just keep playing, figuring things out, and searching for solutions to specific problems here or elsewhere.

As for credit card fraud, it's an activity, so after you set your Liberal to perform it through [A]ctivate -> [?] Letter of Liberal -> [C] Illegal Fundraising -> [3] Steal Credit Card numbers -> [Enter] Confirm selection. They will try to perform it every day, after you [W]ait.
This both requires and trains the Computer skill, so if you suck at first, you will get better and better.

As for increasing reputation and influencing politics, those are pretty broad questions with a lot of solutions. Many different activities and site actions will help further your cause.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 06:21:37 pm »

I'm assuming you've already checked out the somewhat helpful, somewhat outdated wiki (http://lcs.wikidot.com/)

There are also some Let's Plays by Jonathan S. Fox himself, (And now that I half-heartedly search youtube for those I realize, lots of other people too)

I don't know, I think the most useful tutorial you'll find is to just keep playing, figuring things out, and searching for solutions to specific problems here or elsewhere.

As for credit card fraud, it's an activity, so after you set your Liberal to perform it through [A]ctivate -> [?] Letter of Liberal -> [C] Illegal Fundraising -> [3] Steal Credit Card numbers -> [Enter] Confirm selection. They will try to perform it every day, after you [W]ait.
This both requires and trains the Computer skill, so if you suck at first, you will get better and better.

As for increasing reputation and influencing politics, those are pretty broad questions with a lot of solutions. Many different activities and site actions will help further your cause.
But in that screen (after pressing the letter of a liberal, I there is the command that you mention (as well as the ones on the wiki), but not for the actions you (or the wiki) say they do. C is for clothing, B, which should be legal fundraising is instead for selling brownies...

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 10:16:24 pm »

Oh, weird. You might have a really old version? Where'd you download the game from and also is it possible for you to post a screenshot?
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 11:43:40 am »

Oh, weird. You might have a really old version? Where'd you download the game from and also is it possible for you to post a screenshot?
I downloaded it from the link on the patreon page for lcs.

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 01:36:43 pm »

Wait, there's a patreon? Who gets the money? I found two patreons for LCS, I'm confused.

Anyway, I'm assuming that this is the link you clicked:
DOWNLOAD THE GAME - Windows (v3.09) (372 KB) (Last Updated August 2004, Posted December 2002)

So that's definitely older than any version I've ever played.

The most recent, easily accessible, version is here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=145232.0
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 03:26:19 pm »

Wait, there's a patreon? Who gets the money? I found two patreons for LCS, I'm confused.

Anyway, I'm assuming that this is the link you clicked:
DOWNLOAD THE GAME - Windows (v3.09) (372 KB) (Last Updated August 2004, Posted December 2002)

So that's definitely older than any version I've ever played.

The most recent, easily accessible, version is here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=145232.0
It was on the Bay 12 games patreon.