Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: You are the bridge crew of a Galactic Imperial light cruiser (completed)  (Read 33284 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are the bridge crew of a Galactic Imperial light cruiser (full)
« Reply #210 on: May 19, 2015, 06:22:14 pm »

GM tip: If you want some player made chaos, you really need to directly ask for it

Well, from the background in the OP:

which among you are co-conspirators, brought aboard to assist with the treachery? Which among you are loyal officers
of the Empire, merely caught up in circumstance? And if the Commander is brought to justice, will any of you be spared?

Remember, we were still making characters as late as thread pages 4 and 5. The plan was to add to game, player skills, the security system, money, etc. as we progressed, rather than make a complicated set of rules and background only to have nobody want to go to all that effort. Deciding on day one who was and wasn't a conspirator just didn't seem that important.

I was exchanging PMs with a couple players, inviting people to be conspirators, but nobody took the bait. IronyOwl was almost the guy who killed Dr. Lasken, for example, but he decided he'd rather play a Loyalist. And apparently so did everyone else.

So I figured that even if nobody was a Rebel, nobody knew that nobody was a Rebel, and was hoping that general suspicion would be enough to carry it. Again, there actually was a conspiracy, it's just that none of you were in on it. None of you had to be Rebels, you just had to be interested enough in what was going on to investigate, and I figured the dominoes would fall on their own.

Anyway, for those who are interested:

Spoiler: What was going on (click to show/hide)

I'd be totally for this again

Let me think about it. Would need a new premise. And I'm a little concerned that since this game went so far into the Imperial Loyalist side of things, that with a rehash people might be tempted to swing too far in the opposite direction. Mafia isn't exactly what I was going for. I'll see if I can come up with a scenario I like.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 19, 2015, 06:57:07 pm »

So, amusingly, even though you guys "won" through a non-standard game over, you also unknowingly thwarted the secret plans of the Emperor.

Oh god, this is great. We pulled a Bebop and Rocksteady :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 19, 2015, 06:59:42 pm »

Let me think about it. Would need a new premise. And I'm a little concerned that since this game went so far into the Imperial Loyalist side of things, that with a rehash people might be tempted to swing too far in the opposite direction. Mafia isn't exactly what I was going for. I'll see if I can come up with a scenario I like.

Could have us be a small group of smugglers or privateers who wind up ambushing a patrol craft similar to the prior one with cargo that Vader is wishing to utilize against the rebels or to take over from the Emperor.  Maybe a sample of his own blood to create a new body to transfer his mind to, an ancient Sith artifact, a device that can implant Midi-Chlorians into a subject with consequences, etc.  Maybe the group has one 10-11 person 'large' ship with a one or two fighter hanger(s), two 5-6 person 'medium' ships, and two small fighters with all of the ships understaffed so are not working at their best effectiveness (6 or 7 on the 'large' and 2 or 3 on the 'medium').  Just a thought, of course.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 19, 2015, 07:04:00 pm »

So, secret light-side ending? I can deal with that XD

And next game, we could just be on the other side. :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 19, 2015, 07:04:19 pm »

Could have us be a small group of smugglers or privateers who wind up ambushing a patrol craft similar to the prior one with cargo that Vader is wishing to utilize against the rebels or to take over from the Emperor.  Maybe a sample of his own blood to create a new body to transfer his mind to, an ancient Sith artifact, a device that can implant Midi-Chlorians into a subject with consequences, etc.  Maybe the group has one 10-11 person 'large' ship with a one or two fighter hanger(s), two 5-6 person 'medium' ships, and two small fighters with all of the ships understaffed so are not working at their best effectiveness (6 or 7 on the 'large' and 2 or 3 on the 'medium').  Just a thought, of course.
This sounds good.
Gives plenty of opportunity for backstabbing that makes sense, whereas in this a loyalist has no reason to do anything other then what we did, if we are all smugglers etc. we have a reason to dick each other over (credits) without outright sabotaging everything.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 07:10:38 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 19, 2015, 07:13:42 pm »

Or, you could set something in an Imperial Warlord's navy after the New Republic is already an established governing force. Less loyalty at play there, since everyone is gunning for more power for themselves.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]