Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.27.169.33e Released  (Read 6708 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.27.169.33e Released
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 01:09:00 am »

Re: sieges, I'm still not sure when I'll get to that.  I might take a stab at it for the next cycle, but any time I spend is likely to be wasted if I'm not starting on the actual Army Arc, and I can't start that while I'm still buried under more than 300 bugs.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

skaldicpoet9

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 04:35:00 am »

Great job on the new release!
quot;Fearlessness is better then a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago."

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 08:46:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Wooty:
<STRONG>You design some awsome traps for a seige and wait..goblins storm in , get shot, fall in pits, activate traps, and clash with your melee dwarves, suddenly a gobl Dwarven fortress has encountered an error.

If that's your idea of fun, go stare at a wall and beat your head against it.
You can't have a new update until bugs and glitches are worked out.</STRONG>

Traps are for loosers!

Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2007, 06:52:00 pm »

The average cage trap is for losers, but an elaborate setup involving levers, pressure plates, magma, chained animals, windmills,screw pumps, and an 4 z-level pit with upright spikes at the bottom with a tame dragon...

And when seiges are fixed Toady will probably make traps less overpowered and goblin workarounds to them. Really, a dragon getting instagibbed by a birchen cage and a poorly made mechanism?

Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 07:38:00 pm »

If you dont know by now, farms need a fix, badly.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Aspartic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 07:53:00 pm »

Make sure you check the latest news before posting about bug fixes.

12/11/2007:...fixed improper above ground designations...

Hopefully we will see a new version before the week is out.  :)

o matter the cost.

DDouble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 08:32:00 pm »

Toady, I really don't think you need to worry about making every version compatible with old saves.

I can't think of anyone who would be so upset at the thought of starting a new fort in a new version, instead of just continuing on with their old fort until it catches fire/ floods/ is attacked by hydras, or just restarting immediately.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 09:52:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Aspartic:
<STRONG>Make sure you check the latest news before posting about bug fixes.</STRONG>

I wasn't asking for a bug fix, I was mentioning a bug.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Geofferic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2007, 02:44:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Torak:
<STRONG>

I wasn't asking for a bug fix, I was mentioning a bug.</STRONG>

Technically, nobody said you were asking for a bug fix.  He is saying that there is no point in mentioning a bug that Toady is aware of and believes he has fixed.

Whether or not it was necessary for him to tell you that ... ?  :roll:

Pages: 1 [2]