Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.27.169.33f Released  (Read 9774 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.27.169.33f Released
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 11:50:00 am »

quote:
Made items that are thrown or shot in dwarf mode forbidden,

There's one you guys might have missed.  It makes me smile.   :D

So Toady, can we expect another bugfix release, or are you going to do some stuff with armies now?

This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Javis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 11:52:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Karlito:
<STRONG>
There's one you guys might have missed.  It makes me smile.    :D

So Toady, can we expect another bugfix release, or are you going to do some stuff with armies now?</STRONG>

I hope that doesn't include things thrown by dwarves during tantrums.

Ralje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 11:59:00 am »

Is the problem of care-taking fixed? I'm just deciding whether to make a dwarvern militia or not.
I>"When god gives you lemons, YOU FIND A NEW GOD" - Pt

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 01:27:00 pm »

Best. Release. Ever.

[ December 15, 2007: Message edited by: Wooty ]

Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Stij

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2007, 01:55:00 pm »

WOOOOOO

I'm gonna be playing DF a lot more now.   :D

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 03:39:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Wooty:
<STRONG>Best. Release. Ever.

[ December 15, 2007: Message edited by: Wooty ]</STRONG>

I thought that that 0.27.169.32a, the first 3D version, was the best  :p

Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2007, 04:19:00 pm »

I just realized that I really did not miss all the stone being on my trade depot screen.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2007, 04:48:00 pm »

Hooray^16!
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2007, 05:03:00 pm »

I'm not really sure what to do with the whole thrown object unclaim thing at this point.  If a tantrum dwarf threw a bunch of bolts one by one, you'd expect it to go one way, but if they were throwing food, you'd expect it another way, but if they threw food off into an inaccessible area, you wouldn't want them in your food counts anymore, probably.

What is "the problem of care-taking"?

I haven't decided what next week's project will be yet.  There are still lots of bugs, but it feels better now that it is under 300, so I can probably slip in some actual work.  I'm thinking of setting bug list numbers that I have to get down to each week before I start on new things, but I haven't finalized anything yet.  I also have a ton of notes to write up, and lots of ASCII/crayon Art Rewards to prepare... some from quite a long time ago.  I might just spend some time now trying to get myself free of all these different things, as I have been with bugs lately.  I'm still thinking about it though.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2007, 05:10:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>I haven't decided what next week's project will be yet.  There are still lots of bugs, but it feels better now that it is under 300, so I can probably slip in some actual work.  I'm thinking of setting bug list numbers that I have to get down to each week before I start on new things, but I haven't finalized anything yet.  I also have a ton of notes to write up, and lots of ASCII/crayon Art Rewards to prepare... some from quite a long time ago.  I might just spend some time now trying to get myself free of all these different things, as I have been with bugs lately.  I'm still thinking about it though.</STRONG>

You *could* clean up the trade depot screen.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2007, 05:13:00 pm »

The care taking problem is that such an important task seems so low priority - I had to have a dwarf whose only task was healthcare just to make sure my orphaned babies didn't die of thirst. A dwarf would rather clean broken bolts out of my archery range than take care of the dwarf bleeding to death outside.

Edit: As I wrote this the "old clothing wave" hit my fortress. I think 20 dwarves going berserk because it rained and they have holes in their shoes would be a great thing too fix in the next version too.

[ December 15, 2007: Message edited by: Wooty ]

Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Core Xii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2007, 05:14:00 pm »

Now just fix the issue where dwarfs remove floors while standing on them and I can start playing again.
Reality is for people who lack imagination

Tyrving

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Poster/Dabbling Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2007, 05:32:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Core Xii:
<STRONG>Now just fix the issue where dwarfs remove floors while standing on them and I can start playing again.</STRONG>

quote:
12/12/2007: Fixed laced typo, made engravings go away properly upon channel and other dig jobs, handled snow etc. versus construction removal, stopped cancelled smoothing jobs from undesignating tile, stopped dwarves from mining out/removing their own and each other's floor tiles, stopped burned corpses from dropping two skeletons, tweaked dwarf site entrances, made adv mode people talk about surrounding regions again, made adventure mode travel ambushes happen again

>_>

[ December 15, 2007: Message edited by: Tyrving ]

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2007, 05:54:00 pm »

Woot! I just removed a floor tile, and a child did NOT plummet 50 stories to his death!

EDIT: Best (bug-fix) update ever! Toady, you are 73h 4w350m3.

[ December 15, 2007: Message edited by: Tahin ]

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2007, 07:49:00 pm »

Finally! A VERY good reason to update! I will withdraw from society on Tuesday, I have to review for my 3RD Quarterly Exams.    :mad:    :mad: . Hurray! Raised to the power of 12323423456254612452356245622561345! (for the new release, not the test.)

[ December 15, 2007: Message edited by: Bien ]

Pages: 1 [2] 3