Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.27.169.33f Released  (Read 9803 times)

Core Xii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.27.169.33f Released
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2007, 10:36:00 pm »

There are so many items in a single paragraph that I missed that one. Toady, how about making them bullet lists instead so it's easier on the eye?
Reality is for people who lack imagination

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2007, 01:56:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Core Xii:
<STRONG>There are so many items in a single paragraph that I missed that one. Toady, how about making them bullet lists instead so it's easier on the eye?</STRONG>

Seconded.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2007, 01:57:00 am »

What about adventurer abilities from fort mode? Shuffling another building to reactions_standard.txt? something more worthwhile but larger? Anything would be great.

Just DON'T QIT ON US.(I know you wouldn't....).

Eh?
Eh!

erendor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2007, 07:06:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Morlark:
<STRONG>This release sounds awesome. I wasn't expecting the ability to more precisely position the starting wagon, that's going to be extremely handy. Thanks, Toady!</STRONG>

I missed that, how do you do that?

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2007, 12:57:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by erendor:
<STRONG>
I missed that, how do you do that?</STRONG>

I believe you use the biome keys to choose which biome you want the wagon placed in. Not sure, though.

Stij

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2007, 02:52:00 pm »

Hey, I just noticed you can look at a side and front view of the map in the Map Archive.

Any way to do this in-game? 'Cause that would be awesome.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2007, 03:19:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>I haven't decided what next week's project will be yet.  There are still lots of bugs, but it feels better now that it is under 300, so I can probably slip in some actual work.  I'm thinking of setting bug list numbers that I have to get down to each week before I start on new things, but I haven't finalized anything yet.  I also have a ton of notes to write up, and lots of ASCII/crayon Art Rewards to prepare... some from quite a long time ago.  I might just spend some time now trying to get myself free of all these different things, as I have been with bugs lately.  I'm still thinking about it though.</STRONG>

There will always be bugs. Your plan to keep the bugs under a number is good, because with every change there will be bugs, and fixing everything before working on a new feature will be slow.

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2007, 04:32:00 pm »

Okay, the next dev update will have easier to read lists in both the html and the RSS, and the comments will also be preserved in both.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

dratsab151

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2007, 07:44:00 pm »

Awesome.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2007, 08:12:00 pm »

Hmmm... for the next release, fix the bug whereas dwarves don't finish off unconscious enemies, and don't come to pick up wounded dwarves that are stacked with them?

Thanks for the bugfix release, this time it fixes a lot of bugs that I was experiencing - in the previous ones, I learned about the bugs in the changelog!!

Dt654

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2007, 10:14:00 pm »

Ahh! Dt654 admires Toads for their beauty!
hy do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don''t point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

A Nobel Peace Prize? I would KILL for one of those.

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2007, 08:26:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Slappy Moose:
<STRONG>
There will always be bugs. Your plan to keep the bugs under a number is good, because with every change there will be bugs, and fixing everything before working on a new feature will be slow.</STRONG>

Fixing all bugs before adding new content is also a serious de-motivator for working on the game. Adding new content is fun, fixing bugs isn't.  :)
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

Benny

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Poster
    • View Profile
    • retrojaffa
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2007, 01:27:00 pm »

But on the other hand I imagine fixing a bug thats crippling certain in game activities such as the whole dwarfs removing floors beneath themselves is refreshing. I know with this release I've found that a lot of things i would shy away from doing because I knew something bad would happen I can suddenly do and it opens up new possibilities to the individual player
On this post is an image of Benny in Obsidian. Benny is typing a reply
Pages: 1 2 [3]