Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If I do this, which project would you like to see/support? (Vote for as many as you like)

Web-Comic
Mod Orphranage (aka updating abandoned/outdated mods)
Minor Mods (aka plugins you can drag&drop into vanilla/starter pack)
Major Mods (aka Total Conversions or new mods written by me... Starcraft, Shadowrun, Warhammer)
MasterworkDF (aka go back to work Meph, we are waiting for updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Please give me your opinion: DF-Mod/Comic-Patreon - NOW WITH POLL!  (Read 12450 times)

Ariachus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Please give me your opinion: DF-Mod/Comic-Patreon - NOW WITH POLL!
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2015, 03:43:52 pm »

Hey Meph I have one really quick request that I think you could do pretty quickly and a question.
Do you think you could change the adventurers friend mod so that the leather crafting/tanning worked? Its just at the moment its set for vanilla df skin as opposed to masterwork skin. It should probably still be the five skin to one leather ratio to keep it fair. I'm just not comfortable enough with modding df to try and tackle that myself.

Also do you think it would be possible to create a script and item so that in adventure mode you could buy an item from a vendor and it spawn a work or war dog that is assigned to you? I just always thought it would be so fun for that to happen and I know that you've done a lot of that kind of stuff in the masterwork mod. IDK if dfhack functions differently in the adventure mode so I'm not sure how well that would work.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2015, 03:48:21 pm »

Meph never created any scripts, just used 'em in imaginative ways.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2015, 12:59:17 am »

True, yet the two requests are pretty easy to do. Changing one line in the wanderers friend reaction for tanning, and adding one interaction that triggers spawnunit to create a custom dog with the right values (excitement seeking, can_speak) to be accepted as companion.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ariachus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2015, 12:43:26 am »

That would be truly awesome! I've always wanted to wander the DF universe with a loyal k-9 at my side!

Gojira1000

• Bay Watcher
  • Demands a glass bed? Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2015, 11:41:56 am »

Drats, the chances of Meph going nuts and doing a Warhammer themed mod are poor. Why did I seem to recall someone doing a Necromunda-style thing at some point?
"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." - Oscar Wilde

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2015, 03:23:32 am »

Fantasy or 40k?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2015, 03:49:31 am »

Why did I seem to recall someone doing a Necromunda-style thing at some point?

This?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2015, 01:28:51 am »

Bump because poll and if there are no more comments, I'd just take what has been said so far and go with it. Positive feedback all around, which means I'm going to do it. :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]