Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Polls

Are
Dumb

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45

Author Topic: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn!  (Read 55783 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn!
« Reply #600 on: May 17, 2015, 08:54:28 pm »

CHAMPIONSHIP BOUT
Hodekin the Legendary Decapitator VS. Mogwai the Devious

This is it folks, the moment you've all been waiting for, the finals! Tape open your eyelids, pucker your collective asses and sit down to see the very first gladiator be crowned champion, this is history in the making! On either side of the magma pit we have our finalists, both small in stature but deadly in skill!

Hodekin the Legendary, slayer of Varick the Flighty (Twice!), slayer of Bax, the Prince of the Land of Stench, slayer of Orthus the Manflayer, lord of decapitation. This amazing little kobold has shown that with precision and hard work, any creature can rise to the top! He comes from a clutch of dragon worshiping kobolds and hopes to bring the gold home for recognition, and to be inducted in the annals of history forever! Weighing in at 20,000 Urists he is twice the size of his opponent.

Mogwai the Devious, purveyor of rude gimmicks, slayer of Narhtan the Crundle Bundle, slayer of Sam Squatch, slayer of Myrma the Defi-Ant, and slayer of Crush the Crusher. This green snot-bucket has more than a little mischievous side. In fact, I would say that he has not a single good bone in his tiny little frame. The deceitful little bugger has no purpose here but to cause mayhem and accrue haters. He weighs in at 10,000 Urists and is looking to trick Hodekin into submission. Will he succeed?

Spoiler: Battle Gif (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle Log (click to show/hide)

Ladies, gentlemen, and assorted others, that was the final match of our tournament! Mogwai the Devious attempted his tried and true, 'look over there' cheap shot, expecting it to work lowering his guard. Hodekin knows better folks, Varick fell for it. Removing Mogwai's left arm, his blood began draining from the small body, still having fight left in him they continued on parrying one another's attacks. Eventually the blood loss became too great and Mogwai succumbed.

I now give you our very first grand champion!

I've lost control of my life.

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 17, 2015, 08:57:56 pm »

Congratulations Hodekin! :D

Now will it be Hodekin entering the next tournament or will it be a new fighter :D

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 17, 2015, 08:59:05 pm »

Woo! Congrats Hodekin. :D

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 17, 2015, 08:59:13 pm »

Champions may not enter another tournament, that is, until sixteen champions have been made. At which point there will be held a grand tournament for greatest fighter in the universe!

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 17, 2015, 09:02:09 pm »

Champions may not enter another tournament, that is, until sixteen champions have been made. At which point there will be held a grand tournament for greatest fighter in the universe!

That sounds AWESOME!
There should be a custom map for that tournament! If it ever happens, that is...

Tesseract

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 17, 2015, 09:02:56 pm »

Aha ! Pliskin may still have a chance! If he comes back, that is.

_italics_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 17, 2015, 09:03:16 pm »

Hodekin's not called The Legendary for nothing!

Thanks to all participants for all the body parts!

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 17, 2015, 09:04:46 pm »

I want to thank everyone who has participated, and everyone who has not. You have all made this possible. I remember when I first posted this, as if it were three days ago. I was very meek about the idea and thought it would quickly be abandoned, I am so very glad that that was not the case. Again, thank you guys!

Tesseract

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 17, 2015, 09:09:03 pm »

Good job Hodekin !

Is there a way to import a character in Adventure mode ? We should make a gladiator pack !

Thank YOU Unraveller. It must have taken you a lot of time and trouble. I really enjoyed it.

Also the drawings of everyone are awesome.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 17, 2015, 09:10:24 pm »

Right! Now the first order of balancing business; I have increased the whip and scourge prices to better reflect their strength in this version of dwarf fortress. I hope everyone we'll see this as a just and fair change.

Spoiler: Whip Price Change (click to show/hide)

Wofi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 17, 2015, 09:11:26 pm »

Nice job Hodekin! Thanks for running this, Unraveller!
Manager of Hugh Mann the Dabbler.
0-2-0

Tesseract

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 17, 2015, 09:13:29 pm »

12 to 28 for the whip seems reasonable
19 to 19 for scourge is a mistake ?

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 17, 2015, 09:14:58 pm »

Thank you for running this Unraveller, now for the details of when the next tournament will be active?

_italics_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 17, 2015, 09:16:14 pm »

Thanks a lot for organizing!

Though it cut into my workday on friday, testing out various builds, I learned a lot about dwarfy combat. I was very surprised at the power of the small guys! Needs some balancing here and there.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 17, 2015, 09:23:01 pm »

It was fun. Hail to Hodekin the Legendary!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45