Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.27.173.38a Released  (Read 15148 times)

Baro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.27.173.38a Released
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2008, 01:20:00 pm »

Toady, all these new init options are making me VERY excited.  I've always been a big fan of games you can tweak and customize, and it sounds like DF is getting some big improvements in this area.

Will there eventually be an init option for sieges where we can set the population threshold ?  I'm not sure how the new army arc will work, but when all is said and done and your plans are put to finished code, will my small but rich settlement finally get its amazing defense machines tested?  Or will I still have to create a giant laggy slum just to attract some action?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2008, 01:36:00 pm »

Toady, does it mean that we may expect the new release in a few days? It's great =).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

gurra_geban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2008, 07:07:00 pm »

world cancels waiting for true epic game: playing DF
een failing lately?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2008, 07:49:00 pm »

Yeah, the siege settings will have to be more customizable once I get the new invasions in.  And after the Caravan Arc, it would be conceivable for hundreds of goblins to come and sweep you up the first year if they spot a caravan trading with you nearby.  I imagine that, while it's realistic enough, it would kind of upset some people, so there are going to have to be settings either way, with some sensible defaults.  For now, the slum.

Yeah, there's very likely going to be something put up around...  5AM or something, in 12ish hours.  After that, I'm going to try to finish up the Mac again.  Then for next week, more bug squashing and probably another Fri/Sat release.  Once the bug number gets down below 300, I'm going to do world gen wars.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2008, 07:57:00 pm »

Devlog looks great, you've fixed nearly everything I'm annoyed by. =D

We still need a dump item designation that works like forbid item designations...Clearing out mined bedrooms makes my fingers cry.

Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]