Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39

Author Topic: GemSet v1.41 [42.04]  (Read 334537 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GemSet v1.41 [42.04]
« Reply #525 on: December 05, 2017, 02:11:11 pm »

The raws are updated for compatibility with Dwarf Fortress v0.44.02 on the repo. It could still use a Pedestal graphic, though. GemSet wasn't really designed to be used without TwbT, so if you're not using DFHack and TwbT you need to change the main tilesheet (from the /data/init/init.txt file) to point to a tilesheet that includes text (such as the included "curses_1280x600.png).

GemSet repo link: https://github.com/DFgraphics/GemSet/releases
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 02:13:25 pm by jecowa »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 07, 2017, 10:49:49 pm »

So I threw these together ages ago, but never really got around to posting them. Performers in the GemSet style for the four major races. Intended to be Generic Performer, Poet, Bard, and Dancer.

These look good, YetAnotherLurker! I hope it's okay to add them to the repo, 'cause they are on there now.

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 09, 2017, 06:40:55 pm »

Sure. I've also tossed together a few other simple things over the months:

Archery Target, Display Case, Bookcase, Quire, Screw Press, Mechanism, Mechanism alternate, Furnace, Millstone alternate, Book Binding.

The Display Case was for the simple mod "workshop" version, that uses a clear glass box, block, and arbitrary item. Could maybe work for pedestal?
No idea if the screw press is accurate or not, I don't know how that actually is meant to look.
Mechanisms are meant for constructed gears, alternating between the two for active ones.
Furnace is intended for the furnace tile of smelters/furnaces, complete with color change when active, for magma-powered ones.
Millstone alternate is for active millstones' alternate tile.

I still haven't figured out the correct override for a constructed bookcase, though, and I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere in the TWBT thread. I think there were also a couple overrides in the 42.06 or 43.03 release that were missing or incorrect, namely the constructed hive, helm/cap (these two were reversed IIRC), and things involving natural lava walls/features (obsidian). I made tweaks to my own overrides to correct those as I saw fit quite a while back, but if those issues are still extant in the current version it'll take me a bit to track down the changes I made and post them.

Finally, as the result of some discord comments a while back, I present to you an alternate dwarven dancer graphic:
Enlarged for full effect:

Enjoy!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 10, 2017, 02:34:10 am »

These looks good. I think your display case might make a good vanilla display case. Vanilla display cases are made from wood and glass. Seems close enough.

Are your bookcase and furnace using tilemagic (the trick where the tile is inverted)?

I don't really know how to write overrides for stuff other than by seeing how other did it. I've only (maybe) got half of them figured out:
(Green text are parts that I don't know what should go there.)

Too bad you can't animate the dancer.

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 10, 2017, 02:40:03 am »

I've got working overrides for everything in that bit, as well as the other things I mentioned, except for an actual constructed bookcase. That is, the loose item works fine, but I haven't managed to work out how to make it take that appearance when built. Give me a moment and I'll post what I was using in 43.03, at least.

Yeah, the bookcase and furnace use inverted colors, since that's the way their tiles work by default.

edit: Actually, you know what? Since you appear to be on at the moment, let's just meet on discord. I'm usually in (one of?) the DF discord at https://discord.gg/4pqfPU
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 03:03:36 am by YetAnotherLurker »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 10, 2017, 03:29:32 am »

Sorry, my laptop is 10 years old. That website is maxing out my cpu.

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 10, 2017, 03:43:31 am »

Ok, so here's my full modified overrides file from 43.03. I did a diff on the overrides in the 44.02a from the repository, and there doesn't seem to be any other changes; at most all that should be necessary is adjusting the tile numbers for things I added to point at the right place. The tile numbers used are from where I just stuck the new stuff in as an additional line to the original _overrides_item.png, under the weapons.

There's also a couple spots where I did overrides for single workshop tiles where I thought it was appropriate, notably the anvils in forges. I don't even remember what all of them are, so I'd have to go back and check in detail, but I think it's just things like buckets or loose items in workshops.

https://pastebin.com/M6BrQzQC

edit:
Oh, wait, there's a few other changes I made in there too, that I forgot about. I made the change I mentioned earlier in the thread to make constructed walls take color from material instead of being fixed gray, and I added an override for paved roads using a very simple graphic that was, again, tacked onto the original _overrides_constructed_feature.png:
Here's the images I used with that overrides.txt in the pastebin:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 03:59:09 am by YetAnotherLurker »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 10, 2017, 04:31:34 am »

Nice! This all looks like great stuff. You seem to know what you're doing. I like the comments in your code to make those overrides more readable.

I don't mind doing the git stuff if you'd rather not mess with it, but if you would like to do it yourself, they'd probably give you push access to it, if you're interested.

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 10, 2017, 05:32:38 am »

Don't think I can take credit for most of the comments, haha. Most of them were there to begin with, from whoever updated the overrides before.

I don't know (or have forgotten) how to work with github, though I don't mind figuring it out and doing the occasional bit now and then as I have time. I haven't actually done a 44.02 fort yet, though,  so it'll be a bit before I can actually check that everything's working right or do any real fiddling with new things.

knifemind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 15, 2017, 10:35:16 pm »

I haven't actually done a 44.02 fort yet, though,  so it'll be a bit before I can actually check that everything's working right or do any real fiddling with new things.

I put a couple hours into one a few nights ago.  So far I've only seen two issues.  Beds display as a brown Ɵ, and items made from different materials do not have correct colors as they used to.  All furniture is the same wood color, regardless of what you make it out of.

Correction: I made some kaolinte and olivine furniture, and they displayed as red & green, respectively.  Looks to be working as intended.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 11:38:46 pm by knifemind »

Eligiblefoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 15, 2017, 11:25:03 pm »

I haven't actually done a 44.02 fort yet, though,  so it'll be a bit before I can actually check that everything's working right or do any real fiddling with new things.

I put a couple hours into one a few nights ago.  So far I've only seen two issues.  Beds display as a brown Ɵ, and items made from different materials do not have correct colors as they used to.  All furniture is the same wood color, regardless of what you make it out of.

I'm getting the same here as well as the soil and minerals are not showing up correctly. The overrides are really messy too

knifemind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 15, 2017, 11:42:35 pm »

I edited my post after more play.   I have not noticed any issues with soil or minerals.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 15, 2017, 11:44:00 pm »

The bed stuff hasn't changed in forever. I'm wondering if this is the same issue with buildings in DFHack v0.44.02-alpha1 that's causing the beds to be theta. This is the only graphics pack I know of that uses overrides for beds. Hopefully these issues will all go away once DFHack updates.

Tree colors were changed in Dwarf Fortress v0.44.01, so that might be responsible for trees not being the color you remember.

Eligiblefoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 16, 2017, 12:05:21 am »

I've noticed in the overrides that a lot of the item overrides don't have a tile. For example

[OVERRIDE: 146 : I : BOX:BOX: : 2 :34

I took this directly from the overrides. I don't know anything about this stuff but messing with the overrides seemed to fix this. It did for the soil anyway.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 12:08:48 am by Eligiblefoot »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 16, 2017, 08:53:08 am »

I've noticed in the overrides that a lot of the item overrides don't have a tile. For example

[OVERRIDE: 146 : I : BOX:BOX: : 2 :34

I took this directly from the overrides. I don't know anything about this stuff but messing with the overrides seemed to fix this. It did for the soil anyway.

The "146" is the original tile on the main tilesheet. The "2" is telling it which overrides tilesheet to use. In GemSet, "2" is "_overrides_item.png". And the "34" is the tile it's supposed to be using, which is a picture of a chest. The empty spot between the two colons is where the subtype for the box would go. It's left empty so that the override applies to every type of box.

I don't think there's been any changes to the soil overrides or raws in the past 2 years. I'm wondering if you were testing in a save that wasn't using /raw/objects/ files from GemSet. GemSet makes a lot of changes to the soil files.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39