Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39

Author Topic: GemSet v1.41 [42.04]  (Read 334566 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: GemSet v1.41 [42.04]
« Reply #555 on: March 20, 2018, 04:51:19 am »

I think most artists like to move on to new projects and do new things. It's like you're embarking on a world Dwarf Fortress and your fortress is struggling at first, but you then you get everything worked out, and your fortress grows. Eventually you either start running out of things to do or you have too much to do, but don't really want to mess with it and you have a hundred dwarves in the fortress and the gameplay starts coming to a crawl and maybe that's a good time to retire the fortress and take a break from the game. And maybe eventually come back to start a new save or maybe play another game for a while.

Lots of older packs are maintained by the community, like Ironhand, Obsidian, Mayday, Phoebus, and Spacefox. There probably aren't links to the maintained versions in the original posts because no one has asked the original authors to put them up. Some of the authors still pop into the forums every-so-often.

oh so the people maintaining them are not the same as those who are the original post author. makes sense why everything here is outdated then.
both very true. although this can change the style of a pack immensely - as an example take mephs pack and teach me how to make those things and it would look different if i'd continue his work - especially because of my Deuteranomaly (Red–green color blindness).
also i don't have a clue why he put which file where. i'd probably sort things in different orders and have seen other fantasy movies than he did and might have different points of view on other aspects.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 21, 2018, 01:07:23 pm »

I made scholars! Order is the same as in the graphics raws, with extra placeholders for now until I get around to finishing the last four new professions. I'm not terribly satisfied with the book covers for philosopher or historian, but it's tough to do fine detail when you only have a 5x7 px area to work with. Might need to make the cap and gown color brighter as well, may be too dark to show up well against a black background.
Spoiler: Double sized preview (click to show/hide)

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 21, 2018, 06:50:07 pm »

Changed the color palette to match ingame, changed icons for a couple. Didn't bother with the placeholders yet.
Spoiler: 24x24 px (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3x size (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Graphics raws (click to show/hide)

edit:
Also, it looks like the headgear overrides are scrambled to at least some degree yet again. I suspect it's due to changes in either TWBT or DFHack itself, since there have been no changes to that section of the overrides.txt recently. Helm and Cap overrides need swapping again; currently it's
Code: [Select]
[OVERRIDE:91:I:HELM:HELM:0:2:76]
[OVERRIDE:91:I:HELM:HELM:1:2:75]
and it needs to be
Code: [Select]
[OVERRIDE:91:I:HELM:HELM:0:2:75]
[OVERRIDE:91:I:HELM:HELM:1:2:76]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 10:28:46 pm by YetAnotherLurker »

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 31, 2018, 04:17:53 pm »

I finally figured out how to use github properly, and have committed all of my updates, along with LCastillo's, in my fork on the DFGraphics/GemSet repository. Submitted a pull request to the main GemSet repository containing said changes, if you could take a look at it and merge in if there's no problems. Note that this was still done on 44.07, I haven't checked to see if there's any changes in 44.08 that would affect anything yet.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 02, 2018, 10:44:12 pm »

Good job. Your request is merged, in case you didn't notice. The forking and pull request thing is insane and a pain. GitHub doesn't seem very-well designed in this regard. I think GitHub is a pretty cool guy, though. If you want, I think I might be able to add you to the group it so you can push to it directly without messing with doing the having to do all those extra steps.

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 11, 2018, 03:07:00 pm »

Finally got around to finishing up the remaining missing professions, at least in a cursory fashion. Mostly just basic edits to DragondePlatino's excellent originals.

Papermaker, Bookbinder, Tavern Keeper, Criminal, Peddler, Prophet, Pilgrim, Monk.

Also added a couple more of the missing items and fixed some of the overrides and creature graphics.

Anyway, I couldn't seem to commit directly to the main GemSet repository. I'm probably doing something wrong on my end though, since it does seem to show me as a contributor. Just submitted it as another pull request for now.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 11, 2018, 07:55:02 pm »

Thanks for the update.  Did you mean to move some of the nobility professions around, such as swapping the Duke and Barron graphics and swapping the king_consort and queen_consort and moving around the champion, militia commander and captain? I was just curious about those changes.

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 11, 2018, 09:06:33 pm »

Yeah, that was intentional, since they were in reverse order or otherwise out of place, resulting in the size and material of their jewelry becoming worse as they ranked up. Now the noble line should properly go from narrow copper, to medium silver, to wide adamantine jewelry. Likewise the size of the gem on the militia captain/commander/champion's helmet should increase with rank instead of decrease.

The consort and male/female noble stuff honestly isn't even working at present, sadly. I don't believe the game recognizes any of the titles except for the baseline Baron/Count/Duke/Monarch; the gender variations and consort graphics currently go unseen ingame. I rearranged them to match the correct tiles, but until somebody figures out how to have gender variation and consort positions display different tiles with TWBT or something, it doesn't affect anything.

Setari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 13, 2018, 12:56:19 am »

I take it the download on the OP is still valid for the current version of DF, or is there another one? Or is it just not valid for the current version (call it .09 instead of .10 at least)?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 13, 2018, 01:46:19 am »

No, not the one from the OP. Use the one from the repo: 
https://github.com/DFgraphics/GemSet/releases

Garfink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 14, 2018, 12:28:43 am »

I have always thought that the dwarves from this tileset look like ninjas.

Setari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 14, 2018, 12:52:57 am »

Does this tileset make half of people's game screens go dead? Like it won't let me select anything with my mouse (using DFHack stable) to click on things to inspect them at least, it's like my mouse doesn't exist. But if I click on the top half and then move the cursor down, it works. Just curious.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 14, 2018, 01:48:03 am »

Try might turning off the intro video. And you might try waiting until you get to the title screen to change the DF window size.

Setari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 14, 2018, 01:54:55 am »

Yeah the window sizing thing was it. Thank you!

Edit: Actually that wasn't it, issue persists.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 02:04:19 am by Setari »

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 14, 2018, 07:59:45 am »

That sounds like an error related to installation of TWBT to me. Did you properly replace mousequery.dll in hack/plugins with the one from the TWBT package?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39