Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]

Author Topic: GemSet v1.41 [42.04]  (Read 334540 times)

Setari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GemSet v1.41 [42.04]
« Reply #570 on: May 14, 2018, 04:57:56 pm »

It was working fine all week. Just when I made that post was when it started that week.

However, I have changed to using this download for TWBT: https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/8iy12j/4410_win64_lnp_with_latest_dfhack_beta_twbt_dwarf/

Going to convert my existing fort and see if that works. (Fixed the mouse issue and the crash issue I was having with returning dwarves from sieges)

Edit: Now my dwarves are clay people apparently https://i.imgur.com/2K259i8.png Any fix for this?

Edit: Seems to be a thing with the save. My miners are sprited correctly in that save, but I made a new world and plopped down an expedition and the sprites are fine. Some file mismatch maybe? Not looking to create a new world but tbh, I will, because this tileset is super easy on the eyes and I don't want clay dwarves.

Edit: Used 3 new TWBT installs, reinstalling the tileset each time, as well as moving my save and the problem persists.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 06:44:24 pm by Setari »

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 15, 2018, 07:52:06 am »

Delete Toady's example graphics. In the save folder, it's the file 'raw/graphics/graphics_example.txt'
To avoid the problem in general. an empty text file called 'graphics_example.txt' can be shipped with the graphic set to overwrite the original file.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Setari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 15, 2018, 01:10:14 pm »

Okay... doing this has changed the clay looking dwarves to round smiley faces. Anything else I might be able to do to fix this?

Edit: Fixed it. The other saves' folders that had the tilepack were way meatier (actually had files in them) than the one I was having a problem with, so I just copied and pasted a different graphics file over to the problem directory. Fixed.

Edit: Except for corpses I guess but whatever.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 01:19:16 pm by Setari »

Setari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 18, 2018, 05:23:29 pm »

I don't even know what I'm doing to cause this.

https://i.imgur.com/Em2Mwjc.png

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 18, 2018, 05:44:09 pm »

I don't even know what I'm doing to cause this.

Spoiler: no creature graphics (click to show/hide)

It looks like either you don't have the /raw/graphics/ installld into this save file or GRAPHICS is set to "No" instead of "Yes" in your init.txt file. I'm guessing it's the first one. Since you don't have the Gemset "raw/graphics" folder installed into your save file, then you probably also don't have its "raw/objects" folder and "raw/onLoad.init" file installed in the save either.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 18, 2018, 09:21:35 am »

Constructed tracks made from rough stone always shows up as being 0:0 black regardless of material, any idea why this is?

tracks constructed from anything else has the correct color of the material...

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 05, 2018, 05:11:09 pm »

Constructed tracks made from rough stone always shows up as being 0:0 black regardless of material, any idea why this is?

I found out the problem. In the overrides, the text looks like this for constructed tracks:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Each line ends with "::1]" if this is changed to ":1]" the colors will invert as normal.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 17, 2020, 10:24:00 pm »

I found out the problem. In the overrides, the text looks like this for constructed tracks:

Each line ends with "::1]" if this is changed to ":1]" the colors will invert as normal.

Thank you for constructed rail the fix, vettlingr. It will be in the next update.

I'm having fun messing with dice graphics.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 10:33:04 pm by jecowa »

Tonren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 20, 2020, 05:42:53 pm »

In case anyone is interested, I've had some partial success getting GemSet to run with the latest release of Dwarf Fortress by using clinodev's "Caveat Emptor" starter pack.

I have some environmental graphics like trees working, but my dwarves still look like these odd little dudes instead of the cutesy GemSet sprites:

I tried to put the instructions for what I did in the Reddit thread!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 20, 2020, 07:34:59 pm »

I have some environmental graphics like trees working, but my dwarves still look like these odd little dudes instead of the cutesy GemSet sprites:

Install the GemSet/raw files into your /data/save/regionx/raw folder.

Proudbucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 08, 2020, 03:12:09 am »

by the way, one guy started experimenting with your tileset and workshop overrides, it might be worth to check:
https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/fwcwag/gemset_24x24_workshop_override_preview/

LadyCookie

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 02, 2020, 11:21:24 am »

Those look great! I'll keep an eye to see when the workshop graphics are done.
I have nothing to put here
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]