Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 39

Author Topic: GemSet v1.41 [42.04]  (Read 334945 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: GemSet v1.0 [0.40.24]
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2015, 01:16:16 pm »

Code: [Select]
[POSITION:CHAMPION]
[NAME:champion:champions]

matches:

[CHAMPION:DWARVES:10:11:AS_IS:DEFAULT]

Code: [Select]
[POSITION:MONARCH]
[NAME_MALE:king:kings]
[NAME_FEMALE:queen:queens]
[NUMBER:1]
[SPOUSE_MALE:king consort:kings consort]
[SPOUSE_FEMALE:queen consort:queens consort]

matches:

[KING:DWARVES:14:10:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
[KING_CONSORT:DWARVES:0:11:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
[QUEEN:DWARVES:1:11:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
[QUEEN_CONSORT:DWARVES:2:11:AS_IS:DEFAULT]

They are the right tiles, but I keep finding them as miners or mechanics or hunters, and I can't track down what is causing it because I didn't keep track of which saves had which graphics set well enough but some of the children show up as the baby tile and some show up properly as the child tile.

Opaex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2015, 02:54:21 pm »

It would be awesome if i could download something and drop it in the starter pack. im having trouble installing it..

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2015, 10:50:42 pm »

Not sure how the starter pack does it but the folder layout is a little wonky, should have the pictures in their own folder so you can put the .txt files under graphics directly to make it easier to mix and match/switch.

Also got the king and champion and such working, champion had an extra space after it apparently, I had to change king to monarch and it worked, the champion in this ss is me, the real one is upstairs, but you can also see a child with the baby icon instead of the child one.

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2015, 12:42:53 am »

Essentially it's just Fricy updating the raws, and that's it!  Plus Gemset now, which is pretty exciting :D

Yeah, I really appreciate Fricy's work.  What a diehard.  Can't get over the amount of work he's put into those updates.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
Re: (24x24 / 48x48) GemSet v1.1 [40.24]
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2015, 02:47:39 am »

And speak of the devil! It's time for another update! This one's pretty big and fixes a ton of issues.

v1.1 - 2015-05-17
  • Updated armor designs for all races.
  • Miscellaneous fixes to race graphics.
  • Miscellaneous fixes to creature graphics.
  • Fixed bordering issue with 48x48 tiles.
  • Fixed monarchs, champions and children displaying incorrectly.
  • Smaller icons for GIANT, TRAINED_WAR and TRAINED_HUNTER creatures.
  • Tweaked colors for ANIMATED creatures.
  • The undead have turned. *shot*

Thank you for your feedback, everyone! It's really appreciated. I've stared at these graphics for so long that it's become impossible for me to see if there's anything wrong with them. Keep giving me that feedback and I'll keep fine-tuning these tiles.

Hope these help. :)

No, they don't. They're silly suggestions. :P

This is amazing!  They look wonderful!  I assume you're OK with me adding Gemset to the Starter Pack?

Do whatever you please! Adding GemSet to the Starter Pack will only give it more publicity. Just make sure you mention it doesn't have TWBT support yet and it's still a WIP. I'll also try my best to use the ISO 8601 standard. I've never used it before, but I'm all for widespread standardization. As for PyLNP...what exactly is that for? Is it some sort of script that automatically installs a graphics set? Even though I know basic python, I think that might be a little too technical for me to use.

Also got the king and champion and such working, champion had an extra space after it apparently, I had to change king to monarch and it worked, the champion in this ss is me, the real one is upstairs, but you can also see a child with the baby icon instead of the child one.

Ah, yes. I figured it might be a typo causing some of these issues. When you're doing this sort of thing, you gotta make sure you're copying/pasting words to minimize human error. I've gone ahead and defined both KING and MONARCH as 14:10.  If you find any other issues with the race files, go ahead and notify me.

Oh, and good news! I pinpointed that child/baby problem. I accidentally defined each race a second time in graphics_standard.txt, which was mixing up the child graphics. I went ahead and commented out the offending lines.

One last thing...I hope you're not offended, but I've removed your screenshot from the OP. The human and creature tiles have been added by now, so I feel the old screenshot wasn't an accurate depiction of the current graphics set. You're completely open to submitting me another screenshot, though. Just try getting some creatures and multiple races in there so people know what's in the graphics set. ;)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2015, 02:50:12 am »

Hey not a prob, it was just an early shot anyways.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2015, 03:21:56 am »

This is amazing!  They look wonderful!  I assume you're OK with me adding Gemset to the Starter Pack?

Do whatever you please! Adding GemSet to the Starter Pack will only give it more publicity. Just make sure you mention it doesn't have TWBT support yet and it's still a WIP. I'll also try my best to use the ISO 8601 standard. I've never used it before, but I'm all for widespread standardization. As for PyLNP...what exactly is that for? Is it some sort of script that automatically installs a graphics set? Even though I know basic python, I think that might be a little too technical for me to use.

PyLNP is the launcher used by the starter packs, and you don't need to know Python at all to use to - you can even download a prebuilt version that doesn't require Python installed either.

So yeah, for this purpose it's basically a super-complicated script to install a graphics pack - but that also means that you can distribute Gemset in a preconfigured format that works with TwbT and so on.  Folder structure:

Everything goes in a folder "Gemset_1.1", which users can drop into their "LNP/Graphics/" folder.

Inside that folder is the "data" folder, "raw" folder, and a text file "manifest.json".

Code: (manifest.json) [Select]
{
    "author": "DragonDePlatino",
    "content_version": "1.1",
    "df_min_version": "0.40.24",
    "df_max_version": "",
    "title": "Gemset",
    "tooltip": "<description of Gemset>"
}

The "raw" folder only has non-vanilla files.  That means you can ignore anything else, and just drop your content into "raw/graphics/" (like you would to install it).

The "data" folder holds tilesets in "data/art/", and some init files in "data/init/".  Init files are "init.txt", "d_init.txt", and (if TwbT) "overrides.txt".  The art files are "mouse.bmp", "mouse.png", "shadows.png" (if TwbT is used), all the tilesets you need, and any TwbT overrides used.  The three named files are all hidden by PyLNP, so users don't try to install them as tilesets.  You also have to name TwbT overrides starting with an underscore so they're hidden too, or PyLNP thinks they're tilesets - and the game will be illegible if they're installed.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2015, 03:53:45 am »

Some screenies with the 1.1 version, a nice mix of races and gore and multilevel maxed out on a high zoom:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A shot taken at the default 24x24 size (though it's actually the 48x48 set, it just works better in adventurer mode on 1920x1080 to use it at 24x24 so I just zoom down to it):
The same spot zoomed waaaaay in to show that it doesn't break up and get chunky:

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2015, 08:04:35 am »

This 1.1 download seems to be missing the color.txt and 24/48 Curses tilesets.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 08:07:41 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2015, 08:21:58 am »

Ptw! Looks amazing!

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2015, 08:32:59 am »

Love it.

Great work
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

marc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2015, 09:12:18 am »

This 1.1 download seems to be missing the color.txt and 24/48 Curses tilesets.

That was getting me crazy too  T_T . I used the  24x24 from wiki tileset repository (cla.png also work )but is not the same T_T
Im  waiting to see those amazing dwarf in full glorious awesomeness.
Great job!!!!

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2015, 10:14:00 am »

Finally released! It looks wonderful. I particularly like this mockup:
As far as critique goes, I'm not sure what to say. Everything looks great. Not sure what to make of the unibrow goblins. The ones at the very bottom have interesting eyebrows. Other than that, thank you for your hard work! It's beautiful.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 10:15:43 am by Taffer »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2015, 12:53:19 pm »

Hope these help. :)

No, they don't. They're silly suggestions. :P
Oh... ok.   :-\

Could you design a dancing dog then? That is not silly at all and makes perfect sense.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2015, 02:53:40 pm »

Oh, I used the curses from the previous packs, didn't notice because I just extracted the 2x folder and went with that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 39