Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39

Author Topic: GemSet v1.41 [42.04]  (Read 334924 times)

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GemSet v1.32 [40.24]
« Reply #435 on: August 30, 2015, 01:14:58 pm »

The two things I don't entirely like about this tileset are that
(1) the tiles are quite large, so I can't see much of the floor (my screen resolution is 1920x1080) and that
(2) a great many of the terrain tiles are too simplistic (also their contents are on a black background while the rest is fairly bright which hits my eyes when in full screen), yet dwarves and all creatures look so amazingly cute with this tileset.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 01:31:24 pm by RoguelikeRazuka »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #436 on: August 30, 2015, 01:26:04 pm »

The two things I don't entirely like about this tileset are that
(1) the tiles are quite large, so I can't see much of the floor (my screen resolution is 1920x1080) and that
(2) a great many of the terrain tiles are too simplistic (also their contents is on a black background while the rest is fairly bright which hits my eyes when in full screen), yet dwarves and all creatures look so amazingly cute with this tileset.
(1) you can zoom out, making the tiles smaller.
(2) you can use the dwarves and all creatures (and items) with other tilesets, for example spacefox has a solid background instead of black.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

0ink3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 23, 2015, 12:48:47 am »

I really want to love this tileset, but there are a couple of things that i find it hard to move past.

Mined out sections look too graphically 'busy'. All the beautiful work on other objects are lost in it. If plain old stone floors had a reduced tone, it would remove this very repetitive high contrasting feature and make the things that actually matter, stand out a bit more.

Smoothed tiles could also do with a reduction in the contrast somehow, as thousands of squares all over the floor also visually bury every other object nearby.

Also Workshops blend in with the background far too readily, i find it very hard to recognize where their boundaries are. this is probably exacerbated by the problem i explained above.

I understand its WIP, and i thank you for all your hard work. I very much look forward to following the progress of this tileset.

Pirate Santa

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 23, 2015, 08:55:54 pm »

Also Workshops blend in with the background far too readily, i find it very hard to recognize where their boundaries are. this is probably exacerbated by the problem i explained above.
This issue at least will be solved once the new TWBT functionality is ready.
Workshops are currently default ASCII.
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress. Where peaceful death of old age is something nobody sees coming.
it turns out Dog Bone Doctors aren't very good at doctoring.

0ink3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 07, 2015, 06:23:05 pm »

As i move through z levels, if i pass a pile of vomit, it seems to retain the tile of the z level (above or below) that i have just passed instead of displaying the pile of vomit on the type of tile it is actually supposed to be. It only seems to affect this tileset, others show the vomit.

eg: I have a fortification placed on a specific tile on Z0, if i then move down to Z-1 where there is a part of a bridge tile, instead of the bridge tile showing, it shows the part of the fortification from the z level above, and the same thing happens in reverse.

Difficult to explain, image below:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 07, 2015, 06:28:26 pm »

Yeah, I don't think Mifki ever had to deal with such a complete twbt set so it hadn't been an issue yet.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #441 on: October 07, 2015, 10:27:22 pm »

It's because I re-process changed tiles only, but bridge and wall in this case use the same ascii character so it's not updated. Updating unchanged tiles is a waste of cpu most of the time, but in rare cases it leads to such issues. Don't know, maybe I should add an option to force update all tiles always for maps where it happens often.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #442 on: October 07, 2015, 11:00:28 pm »

It's because I re-process changed tiles only, but bridge and wall in this case use the same ascii character so it's not updated. Updating unchanged tiles is a waste of cpu most of the time, but in rare cases it leads to such issues. Don't know, maybe I should add an option to force update all tiles always for maps where it happens often.
No sure if it would be worth it.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pirate Santa

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 10, 2015, 06:11:17 am »

I thought I'd check if you were aware of this little issue.
Supposedly a TWBT thing.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=153513.0
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress. Where peaceful death of old age is something nobody sees coming.
it turns out Dog Bone Doctors aren't very good at doctoring.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 10, 2015, 07:02:43 pm »

I thought I'd check if you were aware of this little issue.
Supposedly a TWBT thing.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=153513.0
Seems to only happen with gemset (although haven't tested a huge range of sets so far).

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 10, 2015, 07:26:18 pm »

Not many sets override everything, which I'm sure is the source of that.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 11, 2015, 10:41:26 pm »

It's most likely because Gemset overrides the minerals but not the designation graphic. Where twbt takes the priority because of it.

Rayllumen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 18, 2015, 07:48:05 pm »

Great pack! But ehh... I found a problem.
The miners look like the dwarven children in this pack. Did I do a bad or is that a bug with the pack?

EDIT: Also how do I replace the black background that comes with every floor tile with full tile colors?
(I.E. The grass outside of the fortress.)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 07:58:18 pm by Rayllumen »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #448 on: October 18, 2015, 08:06:30 pm »

Great pack! But ehh... I found a problem.
The miners look like the dwarven children in this pack. Did I do a bad or is that a bug with the pack?

EDIT: Also how do I replace the black background that comes with every floor tile with full tile colors?
(I.E. The grass outside of the fortress.)
Did you gen a new world?

Grass is supposed to have black background.

Rayllumen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 18, 2015, 09:10:10 pm »

Yeah. I created a new world then when I looked at my miners they were using the child sprite.

Also Ive seen in some tilesets that the black background was overwritten by color.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39