Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Imagine the new possibilities? What will be your first pick?  (Read 10691 times)

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine the new possibilities? What will be your first pick?
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2015, 10:35:01 am »

You know, now that I think about it... I'd really like to have a few Merperson citizens. Give them a nice home. Considering what some dwarves have put their kind through, I feel that's the least they deserve.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2015, 04:06:59 pm »

Hey, maybe if someone mods in a civ specifically for merpeople, sharing a dwelling type with- actually, shall we not get into that?
One wheel short of a wagon

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DFMon.exe - Get rid of DF SPAM
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2015, 06:26:19 am »

I will be utilising my humans to craft masterwork silver whips and elves to do outdoor tasks so my dwarfs can stay underground where they belong.

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2015, 05:18:51 pm »

I can only imagine the stories of auxiliary military squads formed from 2nd class citizens proving their valour on the battlefield and eventually winning equality for all people in the fortress.
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

superbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2015, 08:12:13 pm »

I plan on giving the science/knowledge system a spin. Build a library, use adventurers to steal books from the other libraries around to kickstart the biggest science center in the world. Hopefully that will make all the philosophers flock to my fortress where I'll try to keep them safe from FUN until all the knowledge items are unlocked. Then maybe use an adventurer to raid a necromancer's tower for some special books that ought to keep the embark interesting for a while longer.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2015, 04:02:40 am »

I hope the taverns are well developed: I want a hotel with royal suites named after all the monarchs of my civ. I know I can use the naming menu for that, but I'm not sure if people will pay well. I could be a fort for rulers and rich people of all the civs to spend their holidays at.

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2015, 03:26:16 am »

Wow , last "Temple" update is definitely making things serious...
Desecrations , tantrums , gods and divine rage is coming !!!!

Hoping for a release soon!

WordsandChaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Words and Chaos blog
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2015, 08:00:34 am »

I plan on giving the science/knowledge system a spin. Build a library, use adventurers to steal books from the other libraries around to kickstart the biggest science center in the world. Hopefully that will make all the philosophers flock to my fortress where I'll try to keep them safe from FUN until all the knowledge items are unlocked. Then maybe use an adventurer to raid a necromancer's tower for some special books that ought to keep the embark interesting for a while longer.

So basically you're attempting to build Arkham? We don't really have a Necronomicon yet, but egotistic tomes composed by dessecated dead men are a fair alternative for now. 

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2015, 10:56:32 pm »

I'm just going to run the support industries for a tavern and trade depot, set up guards, and see what comes. Everyone's talking about auxiliaries and second class citizens, but you get maybe 200 people before the game slows down, and between regular migrants and not knowing the rate of petitions from other races, there's no way of knowing if you'll even have very many other-race immigrants. It might just be a tiny, random flavor thing.

WordsandChaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Words and Chaos blog
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2015, 07:49:37 am »

I am a man of books and beer. Therefore I'm going to build an amazing library-tavern.

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2015, 11:08:31 am »

Wow...
Things are really starting to look amazing now...
This will be a DAMN good release.

There's one thing though , I'm hoping minecarts and their rails can get some attention , currently I personally feel it takes a little too long to have someone carve out the stone tracks since it seems it takes the same time as detailing a wall. Ideally it should take half the time it takes to smooth out a wall (and give very little experience).

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2015, 01:41:21 pm »

I wonder if there's actually any historical precedent for nations selectively forming militaries from a particular group of immigrants (voluntary immigrants, i.e., not Jannisaries). History is weird, so probably.

French Foreign Legion?

IIRC, historic animalmen have a small chance to migrate to civilization this time around, correct? If so, I'll shoot for Sperm Whale (Wo)Men.

Oh, if only there was some way to make clothes and armor for their size. I would be able to make... gods.

They won't even need any armor since they're about the size of a battleship.  Just move the wounded blubber out of the way.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2015, 05:29:10 pm »

Library stuff looks tempting, but I'm still going to focus on a hotel with legendary suites named after all the dwarven monarchs. Though knowing my luck, my ownly visitors will be animal men and enslaved goblins  ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]