Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Getting the material of a tile from a script: Lua module provided  (Read 5292 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Getting the material of a tile from a script: Lua module provided
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2016, 12:43:03 pm »

That is how it is supposed to be. Grass is stored in a block event (the same basic way mineral veins are), so it wouldn't be hard to return the grass material instead... Really, seeing as I already return shrub materials I should also be returning grass materials.

Actually, what I should do is apply some polish to this module and submit it for inclusion in DFHack...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2016, 03:56:50 pm »

I think inclusion would be a great thing. Right now I am just using it piecemeal with dfhack.script_environment calls. Eventually I am going to want to make an entire Geomancy system where the spell you cast depends on the type and material of ground you are standing on.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2016, 05:05:54 pm »

If I do rework it for inclusion it will be a proper module (loaded with require).

High on the list of things to do is better support for plants, for example versions of the main function that ignor plants and versions that support only plants, etc... More/better documentation and lots of general cleanup is a given of course :)
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2016, 05:14:24 pm »

Proper module would be great. I saw you also spruced up your building list changer thingy for dfhack as well. Super excited for that too. Now I will be able to add and remove buildings from the list with my Civilization System, making a research based civ much easier to handle.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 01:34:17 pm »

I just issued a pull request for a module version to the DFHack develop branch. We'll see how it goes...
Pages: 1 [2]