Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [FPS Booster]State of Decay v.01  (Read 21519 times)

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [FPS Booster]State of Decay v.01
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2015, 01:28:28 pm »

Alright, thanks, i'm gonna try it.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 02:33:17 pm »

Does drink and prepared meals decay as well ? Would be arguably realistic for prepared meals, less so for drinks.

This mod is very interesting, I always end up with gigantic stockpiles of food, and random corpses, and useless xpig tail fiber socksx all around.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 09:19:36 pm »

Food - This script is...pretty far reaching. However, almost all long running forts I've had end up sitting on thousands and thousands of food items. Several thousand cooked meals, three thousand plump helmets, and just as much fish and meat. It gets pretty absurd. And your FPS doesn't like it. With this script running, all food and plants wear out and disappear after several months. Barrels and stockpiles will keep them from rotting, but it won't keep them from decaying. No more sitting on a hundred years worth of food. No more keeping barrels of pig tails sitting around until you decide to use them. Either use it, eat it, or lose it. Seeds, are excluded from this, if you aren't planning on using your pig tails, hold onto the seeds for a rainy day.

Usage:
deterioratefood start
deterioratefood stop
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2015, 12:58:15 am »

I know this is only v.01, but have you tested it for compatibility with Lazy Newb Pack and/or the "Performance Tweaks" hack that comes with LNP?

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 10:36:59 pm »

I know this is only v.01, but have you tested it for compatibility with Lazy Newb Pack and/or the "Performance Tweaks" hack that comes with LNP?

Don't let the version fool you, I just went with a relatively low number just to be safe (and let people know it might be broken). Haven't really seen any reports of anything to fix, though, so I don't know. I've had a couple ideas to add wear to weapons and possibly armor during use, but other than that not sure what else will happen with versioning.

That said, it should work with almost anything, except perhaps some mods that use odd classifications of things, like classifying "special" armor as clothes.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 01:44:52 am »

Another possible addition: A script that checks if a creature or object comes in contact with magma, checks if it's magmaproof or not, then kills/destroys said creature or object.

People could turn the temperature setting in the init off, which has a very high effect on FPS. It's mostly magma-related anyway, there are not that many fires in unmodded DF. Only thing missing would be freezing, but maybe people think the trade-off is worth it?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lieutenant Dworf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2015, 03:50:52 am »

I tried the starvingdead script because I love evil biomes, but the ever-multiplying undead in the caverns kept killing my FPS within a year of embark.

When the local necromancer came by with his undead lackeys and besieged my fort, I locked the doors and decided to wait it out. Lo and behold, after three months the besieging undead melt away.  I send my ax lords to deal with the necromancer and he promptly hightails it back to his tower.  Unfortunately, the siege tag does not leave with him, and now my fort is stuck in a perpetual siege mode.  I've dfhack revealed, exterminate undead, and sent dwarfs to scour the land for hidden units but no luck, the tag remains. 

Is there some way to make the mod only affect undead critters and such but leave besieging sentient undead untouched by decay?  This mod is essential for preventing re-animating biome FPS death, but I would like the necromancer undead to remain undecayed for masochistic and bug prevention reasons.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 04:01:14 am »

I tried the starvingdead script because I love evil biomes, but the ever-multiplying undead in the caverns kept killing my FPS within a year of embark.

When the local necromancer came by with his undead lackeys and besieged my fort, I locked the doors and decided to wait it out. Lo and behold, after three months the besieging undead melt away.  I send my ax lords to deal with the necromancer and he promptly hightails it back to his tower.  Unfortunately, the siege tag does not leave with him, and now my fort is stuck in a perpetual siege mode.  I've dfhack revealed, exterminate undead, and sent dwarfs to scour the land for hidden units but no luck, the tag remains. 

Is there some way to make the mod only affect undead critters and such but leave besieging sentient undead untouched by decay?  This mod is essential for preventing re-animating biome FPS death, but I would like the necromancer undead to remain undecayed for masochistic and bug prevention reasons.

Hmm, yeah that would feasibly be possible.

I'll have to try to make a fort with a necromancer siege to test it.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2015, 06:59:11 am »

PTW, this looks neat - if the siege issue is fixed, I'd love to include this in the Starter Pack as an option.  And for posterity, do you mind if the scripts are added to the standard DFHack package at some point?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2015, 08:47:23 pm »

I'm not familiar with DFHack scripting, so I'm curious - how hard would it be to copy-paste-edit the deteriorate scripts to work on other classes of items?

I have multiple uses in mind, though I'm particularly curious about using them in conjunction with stone anvils at the moment.
The silver is responsible for this How?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2015, 09:10:32 pm »

Suggestion: some way to deal with miasma clouds? maybe removing them altogether?

I find that one of my major FPS killers are miasma clouds. It goes as follows: forgotten beast(s) gets into the cavern, kills everything that spawns and keeps spawning, then caverns go miasma purple, and my fps promptly dies.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2015, 03:38:05 am »

Suggestion: some way to deal with miasma clouds? maybe removing them altogether?

I find that one of my major FPS killers are miasma clouds. It goes as follows: forgotten beast(s) gets into the cavern, kills everything that spawns and keeps spawning, then caverns go miasma purple, and my fps promptly dies.
Isnt that possible with the clean scripts already? Get rid of vermin remains and corpses to some degree?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Alyfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2015, 01:32:40 am »

How do I 'install' this into DFHack? *pokes DFhack nervously*

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2015, 03:03:29 am »

@omniclasm - any objection to including these in the standard DFHack distro (disabled by default, ofc), to make this easier in future?  I'd be happy to do the Github and style work, or help out if you'd prefer to do it.

How do I 'install' this into DFHack? *pokes DFhack nervously*

No worries, it's pretty easy.  The download is a zipped folder - just copy the 'hack' folder to your DF folder, and the scripts will end up in <df>/hack/scripts/*

Then you can call them by typing the commands listed in the first post into the DFHack command prompt.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2015, 06:25:33 pm »

I there a chance of a script that makes contaminants disappear over time? Contaminants like blood, puke, bile, forgotten beast spatterings, dust, leaves and such all end up taking a bit of space when it comes to FPS but they're often be ignored. While there is a script that allows a player to clean all contaminants, but this one would be more gradual. and some decay more fastly than others. Such as leaves decay faster than tears, which decays faster than blood, which decays faster than forgotten beast bits.
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.
Pages: 1 [2] 3