Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Were necromancer towers/tombs taken out? (6.2, not reborn)  (Read 1099 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've counted. 39 world gens, in the swamp evil biome (I'm only accepting it if it generates all evil biomes, so half the time I skip the generation if it doesn't do it)...not one single necromancer tower or tomb.

Still trying, but since I started counting (its been more than 39, but I wasn't keeping track)...not a single tower or tomb.

I keep looking for a pink/purple I. I made SECRET_NUMBER in world_gen.txt to 1000 for the swamp biome.

That was 13 world gens ago. Still not one tower or tomb.

Using Phoebus graphic set.

Is it super rare? Do I need to change a different setting than secret number to make it more common or do I need it higher than 1000? Cause generating all these worlds is getting really really boring lol
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Were necromancer towers/tombs taken out? (6.2, not reborn)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 05:47:27 pm »

And go figure. The game gives me tombs as soon as I post this.

39 tries (well actually more, but that was when I kept track), go make a forum post...

The gaming gods hear my pleas

40th attempt

I finally get some action :P

Two tombs spawn in world gen

Funny :P Maybe I just needed to post about it for it to happen lol

That happened in another game I played. I couldn't find a particular item (think it was Skyrim) for hours and hours...post about it. And get back on it and there it is around the corner xD
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 10:03:30 pm »

The evil map doesnt have much space for civs to delevope, because they don't do that on evil biomes. If you try a more neutral map, you have more chances for constructions.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

AJC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 06:30:06 pm »

or edit that maps settings on evil biomes numbers and reduce max evilness to allow more neutral land for civs to develop on

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 07:33:00 pm »

I got it figured :)

It takes some random map generations. But usually I get at least one, often 2-3 and sometimes it goes up to 5. But, funny enough...I never see them appear at all in "good" areas (very rarely). So if the swamp doesn't generate 100% evil all over the map...I never see a tombstone or tower (I did once). But when it generates lots of evil biomes all over the place...I often get a lot more. So I think setting the map to generate less evil would not work too well for me. :P