Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: maxing savagery in world creation  (Read 1358 times)

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
maxing savagery in world creation
« on: May 17, 2015, 09:59:27 am »

so whats the max amount of savagery init i can place in the advanced world paremeters?

100 doesnt work since there apparently isnt any room for dwarfs to settle in and the world will turn into adventure mode only. currently trying 80..

McDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: maxing savagery in world creation
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 01:12:12 pm »

Back in 40d, the wiki for advanced world building puts the numbers at 0-32 for benign, 33-65 for neutral, 66-100 for savage.

Humans and Dwarves won't settle in savage regions so if you set your min savagery to 65 and max savagery to 100, most of your world should be savage with pockets of neutral and you might get some Dwarves. But things have changed and I might be completely wrong.

Also near the bottom of the options for advance world generation change the minimum number of low-savagery squares to avoid world rejects.

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 01:15:55 pm »

Back in 40d, the wiki for advanced world building puts the numbers at 0-32 for benign, 33-65 for neutral, 66-100 for savage.

Humans and Dwarves won't settle in savage regions so if you set your min savagery to 65 and max savagery to 100, most of your world should be savage with pockets of neutral and you might get some Dwarves. But things have changed and I might be completely wrong.

Also near the bottom of the options for advance world generation change the minimum number of low-savagery squares to avoid world rejects.

i managed to max the savagery at 55.that is the highest that worked in fortress mode.

all of the mountains are still evil biome tho...there are some small pockets of untamed mountains. ill need to try the squares thing someday in the future...

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 03:06:52 pm »

Can't you use advanqed and max top and middle values for savegery, giving a bimodal distribution?
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 03:30:08 pm »

You can also tweak the range values so that you have 90% of the world is between 80-100 savagery and 10% of the world is between 0-20.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 05:02:22 pm »

You can also tweak the range values so that you have 90% of the world is between 80-100 savagery and 10% of the world is between 0-20.

im trying to find out how to do that. so far i haventh been able to min max the savagery square numbers.

Can't you use advanqed and max top and middle values for savegery, giving a bimodal distribution?

thats what im trying to do. the values are the problem here

pincushion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 09:30:19 am »

im trying to find out how to do that. so far i haventh been able to min max the savagery square numbers.

Are you ignoring the savagery mesh settings? Try something like 0-20 = 1, 21-40 = 4, 41-60 = 16, 61-80= 64, 81-100 = 256.
It works for me when I want to make a savage world. You get just enough wilderness surroundings for the humans and dwarves to get a foothold.

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 10:54:54 am »

Are you ignoring the savagery mesh settings? Try something like 0-20 = 1, 21-40 = 4, 41-60 = 16, 61-80= 64, 81-100 = 256.
It works for me when I want to make a savage world. You get just enough wilderness surroundings for the humans and dwarves to get a foothold.

no im not ignoring them. i just had a lot of difficulties getting the values to work.