Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: *?Groups and Affiliations?*  (Read 1989 times)

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
*?Groups and Affiliations?*
« on: May 17, 2015, 12:50:04 am »

Feel free to state the number, and answer of it.
In adventure mode, I need some answers to questions:

1.What Group a thing is affiliated with in game.

2.The location of a group after a lord/queen states that they hate them, and want dead. (It doesn't show the group on the map.)

3.What my group has claimed/done, and it's affiliates.

4.Why that when I claim places I have to rename my group?

5.Can I be multiple hearth persons; and can I be a hearth person while owning my own group.

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: *?Groups and Affiliations?*
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 01:25:51 am »

1. Not all groups are affiliated with a parent civilization. However, citizens of a site usually know what group lords over them.
2. Ask them where the group is by bringing up troubles and inquiring about the place the group is. Use the location of the site given by the person to find the group and its leader to (presumably) kill him or her.
3. Not so easy. I usually make save back ups solely for legends and map data. Sometimes you might get a tip as to who owns what, but usually after they just took it.
4. You are founding a new group for each site because adventurers can only found site governments (my understanding of the complexity).
5. Yes (pretty sure) and yes (without a doubt).
-An Anthropological Study as an Adventurer-
The Adventures of Lord Cikul Knifejoke
The Under Appreciated Anthropologist of Steel
-A Fortress History-
The Founding of an Egypto-Dwarven Outpost
Life in Canyonfuture

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 05:31:16 pm »

I've actually attempted this before and you cannot be hearthperson to multiple lords.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 05:50:18 pm »

I've actually attempted this before and you cannot be hearthperson to multiple lords.
Ok. I was not entirely sure that's why I put the parenthetical statement of "pretty sure."
-A Fortress History-
Life in Canyonfuture

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 12:39:37 am »

@Contheman;

Thank you for your answers, though I do not understand #4.

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 06:59:42 am »

Every time you claim a new site, you create a new group to rule over it. There are about three different types of group in the game: civilizations, regular groups, and site governments. Civilizations can have multiple sites and other non-civilization groups under their control and can have rulers as high as king or queen rank. They are basically racially based nation-states. Regular groups can range from a group of settlers to a group of bandits. The highest ranking a ruler of any non-civilization group is lord. Site governments are very similar to any regular group except for the fact that their sole purpose is to rule a site. They tend to form after a site successfully rebels against the civilization or group which previously controlled or during adventure mode when player characters claim a site. From what I have seen (more !!Science!! needed), each site government can only rule over one site. So, every time you claim a new site, you have to claim it under a new site government. This is pretty odd, since you still rule as lord over all the site government groups. Hopefully, this explained it a little better.
-A Fortress History-
Life in Canyonfuture

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 10:08:57 am »

That explanation helps a lot, thanks!