Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: RoleplayOnThe.Net - Forum for Tabletop Discussion and Play-by-Post Games  (Read 3421 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Gotcha.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

You might not want to have so many boards in your brand new forum, it just makes it look dauntingly empty. Funnel the initial traffic into a smaller amount of boards, then create newer sub-boards according to need. Even here FG&RP, RTD, Mafia and ER is more than enough boards to handle all traffic, and FG&RP is the only one that you could describe as possibly overpopulated.

Also, while this new forum may not address any particular need of mine, I might also join at a not-too-far-off date. More RP communities is good, no?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 06:53:27 am by Harry Baldman »

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Added a plugin for spoilers. Same as here to do it.

You might not want to have so many boards in your brand new forum, it just makes it look dauntingly empty. Funnel the initial traffic into a smaller amount of boards, then create newer sub-boards according to need. Even here FG&RP, RTD, Mafia and ER is more than enough boards to handle all traffic, and FG&RP is the only one that you could describe as possibly overpopulated.

Also, while this new forum may not address any particular need of mine, I might also join at a not-too-far-off date. More RP communities is good, no?

I understand where you're coming from, but trust me when I say I've cut the number of boards down as much as feasibly possible. :p

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I understand where you're coming from, but trust me when I say I've cut the number of boards down as much as feasibly possible. :p

What metric are you using to judge this? For instance, why do you believe you require a dedicated Warhammer subforum, with additional sub-boards at that?

Also, this, since nobody else seems to have provided a link.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 07:13:51 am by Harry Baldman »

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What metric are you using to judge this? For instance, why do you believe you require a dedicated Warhammer subforum, with additional sub-boards at that?

Also, this, since nobody else seems to have provided a link.

That's primarily just planning, since I know how much Warhammer can dominate a board.

I don't exactly understand what went wrong. No one participated, I guess?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I had to guess, I'd suppose it was because it was somewhat redundant. And also maybe because it didn't draw on quite a large enough number of communities.

Imagine, say, that you got about 10-20 people from Bay12 to look at your forum. What do they get from it that they don't here? One thing is the ability to get their own subforums more easily and create their own personalized spaces. But what else? A better interface, maybe?

Furthermore, are you actually making this forum known to any communities other than Bay12, ones with a less established forum game apparatus, preferably? Currently Bay12 has the advantage of having ready and willing players and GMs, and quite a lot of them at that. If you don't, I don't really think there's any particular point, given that it'll only serve as a smaller subset of Bay12's roleplayers otherwise.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I had to guess, I'd suppose it was because it was somewhat redundant. And also maybe because it didn't draw on quite a large enough number of communities.

Imagine, say, that you got about 10-20 people from Bay12 to look at your forum. What do they get from it that they don't here? One thing is the ability to get their own subforums more easily and create their own personalized spaces. But what else? A better interface, maybe?

Furthermore, are you actually making this forum known to any communities other than Bay12, ones with a less established forum game apparatus, preferably? Currently Bay12 has the advantage of having ready and willing players and GMs, and quite a lot of them at that. If you don't, I don't really think there's any particular point, given that it'll only serve as a smaller subset of Bay12's roleplayers otherwise.

I am, and not just forum gamers.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bump!

Come post your goods!

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting. I will probably join this at some point in the future. PTW.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We've started to get some activity on the site, so now'd be a good time to get on.

I'm going to bed now so I'll be activating accounts in the morning.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Oh my god, this sounds absolutely goddamn amazing.
Signing the hell up.
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Looking at the site, there are two games in the pbP section. One of them is called "Well, faggots, I'm giving this a try."

:I

I also question the logic behind the offline recruitment subforum.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Hey, he said there was zero moderation (except in the case of lewdness and/or flaming).
Black lives matter.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HELLO!!!!! THANKS FOR GIVING ME THE PLATFORM FOR INTRODUCING fa/tg/uys TO MINIMALISTIC RTD'S!!!!

I HAVE ALSO REGISTERED, MY USERNAME IS THIS ONE IN all caps!!!!!!!

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We now have MORE DMS THAN PLAYERS.

Hey, he said there was zero moderation (except in the case of lewdness and/or flaming).

Pretty much. Not even flaming. Dedicated flaming is a no-no, though.

HELLO!!!!! THANKS FOR GIVING ME THE PLATFORM FOR INTRODUCING fa/tg/uys TO MINIMALISTIC RTD'S!!!!

I HAVE ALSO REGISTERED, MY USERNAME IS THIS ONE IN all caps!!!!!!!

OKAY I HAVE ACTIVATED YOU
Pages: 1 [2] 3