Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: RoleplayOnThe.Net - Forum for Tabletop Discussion and Play-by-Post Games  (Read 3466 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Looking at the site, there are two games in the pbP section. One of them is called "Well, faggots, I'm giving this a try."

:I

I also question the logic behind the offline recruitment subforum.

Now there's three times as many, which amounts to 66% less /tg-speak per game title. And that's only one guy from /tg as far as I can tell, the others seem rather nice. Heck, even he seems to be a pretty decent fellow aside from the format of the first post. It's a slight cultural barrier, I'll grant you, but hardly insurmountable.

And hey, I question the logic behind a Warhammer subforum, but apparently that's an absolute requirement. Offline recruitment, much like the Warhammer thing, only ought to come into play when the forum's actually got a large enough amount of users that you can expect it to be representative of the general roleplaying population across the US if not necessarily the world.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 07:52:39 am by Harry Baldman »

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I JUST (A FEW 10 MINUTES AGO) MADE THE RTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

You know, I'd join your game poketwo, but please separate it into paragraphs. I personally don't care for caps, but please. Paragraphs.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WHICH SENTENCE?????

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looking at the site, there are two games in the pbP section. One of them is called "Well, faggots, I'm giving this a try."

:I

I also question the logic behind the offline recruitment subforum.

Now there's three times as many, which amounts to 66% less /tg-speak per game title. And that's only one guy from /tg as far as I can tell, the others seem rather nice. Heck, even he seems to be a pretty decent fellow aside from the format of the first post. It's a slight cultural barrier, I'll grant you, but hardly insurmountable.

And hey, I question the logic behind a Warhammer subforum, but apparently that's an absolute requirement. Offline recruitment, much like the Warhammer thing, only ought to come into play when the forum's actually got a large enough amount of users that you can expect it to be representative of the general roleplaying population across the US if not necessarily the world.

The thing about Warhammer is that it worries me in wargaming. It can very quickly dominate.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like to proudly announce the opening of the lewd RP board. If you want access, send me a message on the forum confirming that you are over the age of 18+ and you have the legal right to engage in lewd behaviour.

We have a few Lewdites already confirmed and discussing what they want to run.

Updated the rules to reflect this: http://roleplayonthe.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=8&pid=21#pid21
Pages: 1 2 [3]