Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Armoured Commander  (Read 6537 times)

hawkeye_de

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Armoured Commander
« on: May 17, 2015, 06:47:40 am »

Armoured Commander is not your daily roguelike, instead you play as a tank commander in WWII....altough it is in its early development stage (alpha), it already makes fun.
"No matter what you or anyone else does, there will be someone who says that there's something bad about it. Whenever somebody comes up with a good idea, there's somebody else who has never had a good idea in his life who stands up and says, "Oh, you can't do that..."

-Tom Clancy

Oirestel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armoured Commander
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 02:31:17 pm »

It's not actually bad. I dislike how pivoting takes a full action slot instead of just offering a firing penalty. Otherwise good, just a little repetitive at the moment.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 02:45:05 pm »

A lot better than I thought it would of been honestly.  It's been pretty fun so far!

Oirestel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 02:49:40 pm »

I'm not sure the RoF boosting perks are balanced though... I mean, multiple shots uninterrupted in a single turn? 0.o And with the Asst Driver doing his help reload job or whatever, that's a bonus, he can trait into RoF, Plus Gunner, maybe loader... And then Commander has a trait to boost other trait activation.

tl;dr RoF spec OP nerf plz. :p

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 04:33:19 pm »

When do I get to choose perks? I notice my guys are leveling up, but I've heard nothing about perks.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 04:45:14 pm »

what's HCBI? (and I understand WP is incendiary, is that right?)

Not HEAT. But I seem to have immobilized something.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 05:13:59 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 04:58:42 pm »

I remember an old MUD wich was kinda based on mechwarrior style coding but was more during a modern war and had that kind of graphics, i miss it greatly :(.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 05:01:21 pm »

HCBI (Something something whatever) is a smoke round.  WP (White phosphorous) is also a smoke round but will kill people if they're exposed to it.
Shoes...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 05:12:02 pm »

I almost never use smoke. It mostly just seems to accomplish making enemies impossible to hit. Does it prevent them from shooting as well?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 05:14:14 pm »

I almost never use smoke. It mostly just seems to accomplish making enemies impossible to hit.
+1

Also, what the hell: my loader just got severely injured after surviving the operational kill intact, and passing a bailout roll.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 05:20:24 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2015, 05:33:20 pm »

Irl tanks used WP rounds to scare enemies out of their tanks but that's probably not simulated..

WP rounds could be used to attack exposed infantry but again I dunno if you can actually do that yet, it's in alpha.  A more realistic use of smoke could be to lay down a screen for advancing, either directly on them or in the way.  I dunno if you can drop smoke on specific hexes though.
Shoes...

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2015, 05:34:45 pm »

Irl tanks used WP rounds to scare enemies out of their tanks but that's probably not simulated..

WP rounds could be used to attack exposed infantry but again I dunno if you can actually do that yet, it's in alpha.  A more realistic use of smoke could be to lay down a screen for advancing, either directly on them or in the way.  I dunno if you can drop smoke on specific hexes though.

The smoke mortar always drops the smoke in the tile in front of the tank.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2015, 02:01:43 pm »

In what situation am I supposed to close the hatches?

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 02:24:53 pm »

In what situation am I supposed to close the hatches?

Infantry close to your tank. Or having them fire upon you.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2015, 02:25:13 pm »

When you're exposed to artillery or machinegun fire. Otherwise your crew is vulnerable.
Pages: [1] 2 3