Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 401450 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Possibly analogous, but he's closer to a western-style elemental or similar than anything.

Also I again state that they are not the same thing.

For one thing, Kerege is apparently temporary from what was stated earlier, and can be vented.

Malice isn't.

It gets in you, it twists you into something completely new and inventively murderous and even if it DOES somehow get cleansed, your body probably fails because it technically shouldn't have worked in the first place.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

I'm surprised no-one's gone SCP on Tor. Into the immortalizing dungeon for all of time with you.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

I'm surprised no-one's gone SCP on Tor. Into the immortalizing dungeon for all of time with you.

Isn't an analogous organization and since he's in the school they'd probably get unmade for trying to abduct a student.

---

Also, though I doubt anyone cares, he's basically a big ball of malice with juuuust enough resemblence to a human soul that he's supposed to be capable of acting intelligently.

It then realized that running around killing people at random got all the previous nasties killed, and decided not to do that.

Hence, mostly sane.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 02:26:43 am by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

They probably already tried, once.

There's a reason there isn't one :P

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Possibly analogous, but he's closer to a western-style elemental or similar than anything.

Also I again state that they are not the same thing.

For one thing, Kerege is apparently temporary from what was stated earlier, and can be vented.

Malice isn't.

It gets in you, it twists you into something completely new and inventively murderous and even if it DOES somehow get cleansed, your body probably fails because it technically shouldn't have worked in the first place.
Kerege Cannot be vented. It's not emotion, it's literally The Virus mixed with The Corruption. An emotion is just a memetic infection. Emotions can be vented. Kerege cannot. It can be ripped from the soul if it's in large quantities, which causes major spiritual scarring, but it cannot be vented. In small quantities, it can be self purged. Large quantities require higherpowered creatures to purge it. Too much and the soul undergoes a total corruption, which often affects the body. Corrupted entities are usually purified. Often by killing them and enacting several rituals which sear them from existence so they cannot come back.

Technically Kumo is the most at risk in the school out of the uncorrupted people for forming some level Kerege due to his extreme emotional imbalance. Which is part of why Kiri is trying to get him more social and get better control over himself so that doesn't happen. Any sort of imbalance results in Kerege. Negative emotion tends to be more common, but positives are often just as bad, if not worse.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

That alone means that Malice can't just be Kerege with a different name, since it exclusively feeds off of negative emotions.

so, VERY close, and probably not too well known in japan because seriously what's the point in knowing the difference when the end result is basically 'well you turn into a giant monster and we kill you'?

Though since Malice actually CAN'T be self-purged and is inherently present in any living being to some degree or other (it's actually the REASON people feel hate/dispair/etc., for the most part), some gods that focus on dealing with them specifically might be aware.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So it's effectively incompatible with stuff that thinks differently than standard. Cause if they don't emote in the way it sustains itself off of, it doesn't do jack.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

guize

for serious

why does it bloody matter
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

So it's effectively incompatible with stuff that thinks differently than standard. Cause if they don't emote in the way it sustains itself off of, it doesn't do jack.

Except like I said, simply by having it in you you became capable of experiencing negative emotions.

thus meaning it can feed off of you.

This also causes the hilarious case of sometimes the first sign of a Malice infection is when the local place-god starts trying REALLY HARD to make people happy because suddenly it can feel sad for all the people getting shivved in the streets.

guize

for serious

why does it bloody matter

Well it doesn't, not really, I'm just having fun now, though I do think that it should be impossible to feed off of Tor safely, by any means.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 02:44:35 am by ragnarok97071 »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

Man, you would not believe how tempted I was to make a void reference...

Also, Jesus you two get a room <3
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Man, you would not believe how tempted I was to make a void reference...

Also, Jesus you two get a room <3

naaah, this isn't Void.

Void is worse.

This is more like Shys'm Caes' raging hate at everything living that crops up once or twice a cycle infecting shit.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

this entire conversation is essentially one guy saying it's fine to eat a poisoned hamburger because he can just keep it in his mouth
thincake

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

this entire conversation is essentially one guy saying it's fine to eat a poisoned hamburger because he can just keep it in his mouth
No, it's one guy saying he can put a poisoned hamburger on his plate because it's not in him~

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Well, I'd say it's closer to one guy saying he can keep the poisoned hamburger on his plate without eating it, and another guy saying that no, the hamburger is actually cthulhu and will force itself down your throat before killing everything you know and love.
Edit: Ninja'd.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

If it's on the plate, you can't eat it. It just sits there, menacingly, slowly rotting.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 534