Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 401790 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's not not being insane, that's being a fucking awesome actor and having a comparatively little amount of Malice.
You realize that it's quite literally an entity formed from the fermented anger of countless corpses each of which has enough rage to become a vengeful spirit on it's own accord, right? The main reason why it isn't acting like an onryo or anything is because it's separate from the people who spawned it, so it's doing more or less nothing just to spite them. It's got so many people to spite, it's less effective as a vengeful spirit (though in actual folklore, it's probably because instead of having the ability to cause disasters, they are just outright invincible and invisible).
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

this entire conversation is essentially one guy saying it's fine to eat a poisoned hamburger because he can just keep it in his mouth
No, it's one guy saying he can put a poisoned hamburger on his plate because it's not in him~

Less poisoned so much as violently radioactive.
That's not not being insane, that's being a fucking awesome actor and having a comparatively little amount of Malice.
You realize that it's quite literally an entity formed from the fermented anger of countless corpses each of which has enough rage to become a vengeful spirit on it's own accord, right? The main reason why it isn't acting like an onryo or anything is because it's separate from the people who spawned it, so it's doing more or less nothing just to spite them. It's got so many people to spite, it's less effective as a vengeful spirit (though in actual folklore, it's probably because instead of having the ability to cause disasters, they are just outright invincible and invisible).

My god it's gone meta.

I love it.

"I AM SO FULL OF SPITE I AM GOING TO BE A BRO JUST TO SPITE ALL YOU VENGEFUL FUCKS."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 02:55:18 am by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

guize

for serious

why does it bloody matter
This is what happened all the time back in nursery school.
I had an everything proof shield. Everyone else kept trying to break it, with lasers and everything breaking swords, but I said they couldn't. In the end people forget the shield is imaginary.
thincake

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Oh yes I remembered those.

Those everything shields never WERE capable of stopping groin punches~

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

guize

for serious

why does it bloody matter
Because it's fun to watch this debate whilst reducing all of its concepts down to a food-related analogy. Like the surgical implantation of burgers.

"I AM SO FULL OF SPITE I AM GOING TO BE A BRO JUST TO SPITE ALL YOU VENGEFUL FUCKS.
I mean what's better? Killing a few people and eventually running out of hatred for a bunch of random strangers. Or not killing people just to spite those random strangers, who under normal circumstances would have become dangerous supernatural entities in their own right, just to rub in the fact that they blew their chance entirely.

Yeah, when Plutarch is thinking about consuming malice and self-destructing as a salted bomb, it isn't hoping to kill a lot of people. Death doesn't piss people off or spite them. It's hoping that it can spread it thin and wide enough that it just completely and utterly irritates everyone by giving them all headaches for a year or something. Something to make them rage just for the sake of spiting them.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

I am sorta looking forward to the point where someone goes berserk only to be stopped by a knife to the eye.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

No it isn't.
thincake

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Look, if we're going to flood the OOC with this stuff, can we at least agree to only ever speak of it in terms of burgers and their surgical implantation?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

I second the motion. All in favor say Aye.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Aye.
thincake

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Look, if we're going to flood the OOC with this stuff, can we at least agree to only ever speak of it in terms of burgers and their surgical implantation?
Only if we add a clause that designates chicken dinners as honorary burgers.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

What is with you and surgical implantation? :P
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 534