Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24

Author Topic: Roll to be a Celestial Space Wizard - Turn 30, page 23  (Read 34063 times)

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Celestial Space Wizard - Turn 16, page 17
« Reply #255 on: July 01, 2015, 05:59:22 pm »

Try to go for the balloon in the vortex.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 02, 2015, 01:09:52 am »

"Ah. A spaceship. Let's go inside."
Go inside the spaceship.
"((Did they mean 'There is nothing new ON the sun'? Let's ask back the star 'Which sun you mean?'.))"
(( ((OOC)) in "IC" means monologue. It is used when you have to be quiet but still have to say something or when you think.))
Transmit data to Arcturus: "Which sun you mean".
EDIT: Swapped OOC and IC in monologue.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 02:56:52 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 04, 2015, 12:23:38 am »

Bump
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 04, 2015, 03:02:19 am »

((Dang, we're having severe losses due to attrition.))

Roll 17
Spoiler: Starmap (click to show/hide)

((Note that italicized words in your character sheets can be hovered over for additional info))

Alexandreus (Yourmaster)

Try to go for the balloon in the vortex.

[Luck: 6] The balloon isn't being sucked into the vortex because it's in a turbulent region just above it. However, your air bubble that you use to fly around will disturb the turbulence and cause you to either send yourself or the balloon plummeting into the depths. It's not possible to go for it directly. You could try shifting the winds, but there's too much energy present to neutralize it entirely. You could strengthen it, though, or change its position somewhat. perhaps you could suck the other balloons inside while you're at it.

Your Inventory:
2x Gas Sifter
2x Aerostatic Balloon
Chromatic Staff (Unique spells that are multicast cost 25% less affinity that turn.)
Lesser Mana Potion (x19) (Consume to negate 1 point of negative affinity in a stat for one turn)
Greater Mana Potion (x4) (Consume to negate 10 points of negative affinity in a stat for one turn)
Antimatter Catalyst (x5)

Michel (Pancaek)

While wondering what there is to be done, you can't help but notice some memetic patterns occurring in the encapsulated man's expression, indicative of meaning. [3] Decoding them and altering the information content to be more understandable, you gain the ability to read his expression, although not his language. You'll have to hear it to decode that.

From his expression, you judge he is discontent with his current location, and desires to be taken aboard a station or a colony. He looks in the direction of Titan, but as far as you could tell there was no civilization there to speak of, just a low-gravity freezer.

Your Inventory:
Travel Kit (A bunch of items that you can channel through. The glasses grant you DiseaseVision)
Lesser Mana Potion (x25) (Consume to negate 1 point of negative affinity in a stat for one turn)
Greater Mana Potion (x3) (Consume to negate 10 points of negative affinity in a stat for one turn)
Seeking Dust (x5)

Spoiler: Michel (Pancaek) (click to show/hide)

Tafaw (Urist Arrhenius)

See Coolrune206's rolls for info

Your Inventory:
Pressure Suit (A suit decorated with a silk shawl, made of many metals.)
Lesser Mana Potion (x22) (Consume to negate 1 point of negative affinity in a stat for one turn)
Greater Mana Potion (x3) (Consume to negate 10 points of negative affinity in a stat for one turn)
Morphic Dust (x5)

Resteroth (Coolrune206)

Croon and pet the little bat, then, with it still attached to my finger, enter the thingy.

[5] The bat's rage subsides and it actually perches on your finger.

The swarm of bats, however, converges on the doorway as you walk toward it, trying to block your entrance. They seem to know you're here.

One of them flies out toward the bat on your finger really fast, so fast that you can hardly respond. You're not sure what it's doing.

Your Inventory:
Masks (A set of masks used to express yourself. You can modify sound waves and visual stimulus coming through.)
Lesser Mana Potion (x27) (Consume to negate 1 point of negative affinity in a stat for one turn)
Antimatter Catalyst (x10)

Naira Adverio (H4zardZ1)

Go inside the spaceship.

The airlock opens without resistance, and you make your way inside, proceeding into a drab hallway with grey floors, grey ceilings, and grey walls. Oh, and there's no gravity. Splendid.

After some exploration and [4] successful translating, you deduce that this wing of the ship is used for storing instruments, small probes, and other objects that are insensitive to de-pressurization. They are still stored in a pressurized environment since metal tends to vacuum-weld in space. The materials used seem to be regular steel, but the complexity of the computer systems suggest an advanced society. For example, the floor is actually etched with microcontrollers which activate electromagnets to keep steel boots cemented to the floor. You're not able to interface currently with the computers since you're not a machine.

As you leave the vicinity of the airlock and the instrument storage rooms, you come across a rather sinister looking door with a skull mounted on it and a phrase written in blood: TRAITORS PERISH.

Transmit data to Arcturus: "Which sun you mean".

You're not sure how to transmit data in deep space (well, you can, but it's not a spell you already know. You'll have to figure out a physical way to do it.)
You can't transmit a message inside the system. The interstellar mana is out of range and you don't have an antenna.
You can repurpose whatever monster transmitter this ship was using to send the message, however.

Your Inventory:
Jet Fog
Lesser Mana Potion (x20) (Consume to negate 1 point of negative affinity in a stat for one turn)
Greater Mana Potion (x5) (Consume to negate 10 points of negative affinity in a stat for one turn)
Black Dust (x5)

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 04:20:52 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Celestial Space Wizard - Turn 11, Mini-roll on page 11
« Reply #259 on: July 04, 2015, 03:37:00 am »

((Could i "extract" certain atoms?))
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Celestial Space Wizard - Turn 17, page 18
« Reply #260 on: July 04, 2015, 08:57:23 am »

Leave the bats be. They know what they're doing. But if this newcomer attacks my pet, don't swat it. Simply pull my pet closer to my body in a protective stance.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 04, 2015, 09:17:07 am »

((Newcomer? ??? I didn't even see you.))
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 04, 2015, 09:54:27 am »

((No, but there is a new bat which is flying over to my bat. I have no idea what purpose it has, so I'm playing it safe.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Celestial Space Wizard - Turn 11, Mini-roll on page 11
« Reply #263 on: July 04, 2015, 02:06:57 pm »

((Could i "extract" certain atoms?))

((What do you mean? You can isolate atoms, but to rip them from their molecules requires energy.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 04, 2015, 05:20:06 pm »

"Why would you want to go to Titan, friend? I did not see anyone there. Also, how would you even get there?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 04, 2015, 07:53:33 pm »

((Welcome back, my friend. Waiting on Yourmaster))

"Why would you want to go to Titan, friend? I did not see anyone there. Also, how would you even get there?"

The figure seems to understand your language, but seeing as he is suspended in a giant fishtank, he is probably unable to speak.

(4) Apparently he is. The voice comes out as muffled, but is projected more clearly through a speaker in the tank mount. Clearly, this tank was not intended for vacuum. What's it doing here, anyway?

"Pox, you mean to say the Terrans still got Titan blocked off? Man, I set the capsule to boot AD 3100. A hundred years of antimatter and nothin happens. Figures."

To your memory it is circa 3000 AD, about a hundred years short.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 04, 2015, 11:10:32 pm »

((Taking certain atoms from an object/molecule. Where can i get energy without using the Energy Absorption Dust?))
Enter the door.
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 05, 2015, 01:24:45 am »

((Taking certain atoms from an object/molecule. Where can i get energy without using the Energy Absorption Dust?))
Enter the door.

You can presumably see because of the lights. They run because they are receiving energy. You can draw energy from the lights, but if you draw too much you will blow the electrical fuses.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 05, 2015, 01:41:33 am »

You can presumably see because of the lights. They run because they are receiving energy. You can draw energy from the lights, but if you draw too much you will blow the electrical fuses.
Take energy from the cables. I'm doing it for taking carbons from steel, but make sure that i invade the steel walls with the jet fog first.
If i cannot move while doing this: Do it without moving.
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 05, 2015, 06:25:37 am »

"Friend, if I am correct, it is only 3000AD right now. My name is Michel, by the way. A pleasure to meet you."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24