Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.21.104.19c Released  (Read 3633 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Dwarf Fortress 0.21.104.19c Released
« on: September 02, 2006, 01:50:00 am »

Download

Changes

Some highlights include fixing the disappearing bone/shell problem and allowing engraved wall images to be toggled on and off.  The detailing jobs shouldn't shut off at random any more.

Some of the issues with cat butchery have been handled.

I did a little bit with consolidating announcments (x2, x3, etc.), but I'll need more time to do it properly.

Alt-tabbing in full screen might work a little better.  Seems to work here is all I can say.

Until I make the cleaners smarter, blood disappears at the beginning of every season now.

I messed around with the display code a bit...  let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Grue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fucked Up
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.21.104.19c Released
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 04:19:00 am »

Maybe there should be an option to keep the blood? I think people who have blood problems just don't build enough buckets, so dwarves can't clean stuff.

imsabbel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 05:21:00 am »

I had 30 buckets and always at least 3 or 4 dwarfs idle, and never ever witnessed a bloodstain being cleaned.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 05:32:00 am »

Blood disappearing every season makes sense though; the blood dries up, flakes away, and disappears.
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Rollory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 06:33:00 am »

You broke fullscreen mode!

Ok, not exactly.  Not entirely.  However:  I have a dual monitor setup.  Before, I'd have DF running fullscreen on the primary, and my browser on the secondary.  All I had to do to switch between them was move the mouse over and click on the browser, or back to click on the game.  No resolution changes, no minimizing, no trouble.  Now: minimizing, resolution changes, annoyance.  Can't have the browser up to read stuff and quickly mouse over to page down before going back to the game.

Ah well.  The new behavior is more consistent with every single other fullscreen app out there.

rylen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 12:29:00 pm »

I'm guessing it doesn't happen this time ...

On the front page, please mention if the update is or is not compatible with older saves and world gens.

Just a useful bit of info.

And thanks.  You're doing incredible work.

Rylen

Grue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fucked Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 12:48:00 pm »

I think it's backwards compartible since the very first version (my world is still from that one).

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 02:41:00 pm »

I've put 104.19d up, fixing the lightning speed bug hopefully.

As far as the whole dual-screen thing goes -- that comes from the way I've handled alt-tabbing.  I don't know how to detect for dual screens or whatever, but it would be straightforward to add an option to the init file to turn off the alt-tabbing correction.

flap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 01:58:00 am »

"9/02/06: Laid some groundwork for human town families"

Which means that you considers that it is stable enough to start implementing new things ?

Nice to hear that !

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 03:47:00 am »

Well, sort of.  I just have to implementing new things at some point or life starts to get very dreary.  The tentative plan is to do new features on the weekend, new dwarf features on monday, bug fixes during the middle of the week, and play around with other games on fridays after a friday release.  However, these schedules normally don't last that long.

flap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 04:19:00 am »

Ok. I Played a bit the adventure mode. It looks very promising. The fortress might get so much more interresting when they'll be more connected to the world !

Riemann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 03:39:00 pm »

Just to clarify, what I am really looking forward to (someday...) is the ability to finally mine out those gems / ore in the walls of my dining room then fill in the holes and engrave it.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 06:16:00 pm »

...but they're more valuable where they are...

Maybe what people really want is the option to engrave 'around' the gems, which causes them to look like part of the wall?

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One