Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: hivekeeper stuck at edge of map  (Read 1145 times)

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
hivekeeper stuck at edge of map
« on: May 18, 2015, 06:02:44 pm »

hello all, ive had this happen on my world for the last couple of civs i have played. what happens is my hivekeeper will go to the edge of the map saying with the job of install colony in hive, and there he will stay at the edge of the map untill he almost starves or dies of dehydration. is there a fix to this or do i have to keep resetting his jobs? even when i reset his jobs in the job screen he will go drink or eat then immediately go back to the same spot at the edge of the map

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: hivekeeper stuck at edge of map
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 06:21:55 pm »

It's a vanilla-ish bug, but it is possible that Masterwork exacerbates it a bit since there are more types of hive creatures.  Nothing to do except what you're already doing, or sadly give up on hivekeeping as a lot of players do.

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 06:23:13 pm »

ok good to know its nothing i was doing. i was wondering, i am setting up a paved road system at the edge of my map would that deter the hive keepers?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 06:24:05 pm »

i doubt it, i think they will go act flaky in a different spot.  But maybe worth a try.

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 06:41:00 pm »

i will update about this to see if it is a fix or not

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 08:32:19 am »

this is an old vanilla bug, the cause is having more than ONE hivekeeper. what has happened is. another hivekeeper has taken the colony that was there and used it already, so the other one runs to that spot and bugs out.

never have more than 1 hivekeeper =)