Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.21.105.21a Released  (Read 9267 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Dwarf Fortress 0.21.105.21a Released
« on: September 25, 2006, 07:00:00 pm »

Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

Changes

I fixed various bugs and implemented other minor changes.  See the changes list for those.  Nobles can still demand items involving small creature bones in old saves, but the preference is no longer generated in new dwarves.

New worlds will see a few cosmetic changes in adventure mode towns (it was not possible to include them in old saves).  It's probably not worth generating a new world for them (and I haven't put up new pregenerated worlds), but the new towns have some larger cookie-cutter buildings like apartment complexes, and everybody will sleep at night and eat three meals a day from a magic barrel in their room that refills at midnight.  Once the caravans and a notion of wealth are in, this can all be differentiated properly instead.  As we progress along the Bustling Town Arc, it'll eventually be worthwhile to regenerate if you play adventure mode, but it's not a big deal right now.  In old worlds, you might notice some things like merchants taking breaks to wander around or sleeping on the beds in the mead hall.  They are just trying their best to follow the new schedules without having a home to go to.

I'm still quite sick...  so there might be some issues with this.  It seemed to work when I downloaded it anyway.  I'm aware that I'm a bit back-logged on bug reports, but I don't have time to get to them now since I have to catch up on my job first.

edit:  updated version number

[ September 25, 2006: Message edited by: Toady One ]

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.21.105.21a Released
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 07:09:00 pm »

Thanks, can't wait to try it!

Gezol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 08:05:00 pm »

Looking forward to trying this. Say, shouldn't the version number have gone up, since you took care of the multiple-plants-make-one-thread bug, and that was Req119?

I'm glad that particular bug's been fixed, in any case. It was pretty annoying...

odd2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 08:13:00 pm »

God bless you! If I could, I'd endure that disease in your place.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 08:14:00 pm »

Ah, that's right!  I forgot to read the list again.

(that's right to gezol that is...  the illness is not being spread beyond the many people I've already shared it with)

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 08:53:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
I'm still quite sick...

If you're ill, no one can blame you for anything. Try your best, but dont forget that sometimes you just have to say "No, not today, sorry" to keep yourself physically or mentally healthy.

Outstanding work none the less.

Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 09:06:00 pm »

i agree with mechanoid.
while there's an importance in feeling accomplished and the like, if you're sick you'll suffer doubt in your abilities on your own work, leading you to believe that you quite possibly didn't do a job that's sufficient.

in times like these it's better to accept that you're not up to some things, relax with a hot drink or meal from time to time, and simply do things that you're feeling up to as far as it takes to feel you've done something.

god, not only do i feel old before my time, but i feel like a hypocrit. i wouldn't take my own advice.

Jandrews

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 09:25:00 pm »

I ran into a problem that I believe is a bug.  I downloaded the newest version and copied it over my old DF folder.  I loaded up an older save game, and the instant that I unpaused the game, every single noble demanded several new demands (except for the house ber/fer nobles).  Several nobles demanded multiple things at the same time (a bed in the dining room, a diamond ring, and a limestone chair in the bedroom.

I hope this is a bug, because infrequent noble demands were hard enough.  Having 15 different demands all at once is... challenging to say the least.

Edit: sorry.  I probably should've put this in bug reports.

[ September 25, 2006: Message edited by: Jandrews ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 10:25:00 pm »

Okay, the demand generation and another crashing wilderness bug I found are fixed.  New version up.  Please report any addition problems, though if it's anything as serious I'll probably just revert to the old version and handle it later.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 11:01:00 pm »

I hope I am not the only one who can see what's going on here.

Toady is permanently in a fey mood, and will stop at nothing to see his legendary creation be born unto the world.   Bless you, o Toady.   You are an inspiration to us all.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 11:05:00 pm »

I'm glad I don't have a cat to berserk on.  It's been a pretty crummy day.  Things can improve now though!  And stuff.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 11:43:00 pm »

Just chiming in to say that I love the apartments!  I even chanced upon a two story tenement with cockroaches and everything.   Very classy  :D

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 09:43:00 am »

I didnt get to try the c version, but the new a version fixed a very repeatable crash I was having on my current game with the b version.  You patched it just in time for me  ;)

Zonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 05:38:00 am »

I had some other things to do in the latest weeks, so I didn't update to the new versions...I'm downloading this new one, I'm sure it will be extremely entertaining. And, really, you shouldn't work THIS much.

Abyssal Squid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 10:22:00 am »

The food barrels in apartments are marked as "for sale," I'm assuming to indicate ownership, but nobody seems to care if you steal them.
Pages: [1] 2