Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Star Wars Bridge Crew 2: Escape from Tatooine (Game now live)  (Read 12282 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Bridge Crew 2: Escape from Tatooine (recruiting)
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 06:40:14 pm »

Just to update everyone: couple background stories I've received are problematic for various reasons. Sorting those out via PM. Meanwhile, there's still room for a couple more players if anyone wants in, but please remember:

* This game takes place during the Rebellion era. That's thirty two years after the events depicted in the Phantom Menace
 * You only get two skills
 * The premise of this game is that you're all down on your luck and going to the Hutts as a last resort. No secretly being rich as part of your background, or starting with ships or mansions and things that you can pull into play later on.

Exchanging PMs with people who've submitted backgrounds that need changes. Might be another day or two to sort out.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Bridge Crew 2: Escape from Tatooine (recruiting)
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2015, 03:04:59 am »

Escape from Tatooine

Having agreed to the Hutt's terms, you are taken to Mos Eisley hangar bay 73, where you get your first look at your ship, the Gentle Breeze:

It's a Corellian YV-100 Light Freighter. A real old one, too. You're each given a security keycard and given a brief tour. An inspection of the ship reveals several issues:

* It's clear that the Hutt's 100,000 credit valuation of the ship was something they made up. There's no way this ship would sell for 100,000 credits. 50,000, maybe. Probably 40,000.

* The ship has only 5 days worth of hyperdrive fuel, and no food on board. While you don't yet have a destination for your first mission from the Hutt's, it's very likely that you'll need to purchase provisions before you leave, lest you starve to death or run out of fuel en route.

*  Worse, since the vessel is now in your possession, you're liable for hangar storage fees of 50 credits/day, starting this morning. You'll need to pay 50 credits before you'll even be allowed to leave, and every additional day you spend here will you'll accrue an additional 50 credit fee.

* The ship has a class three hyperdrive, meaning it will take three times as long to reach anywhere as it would take in a regular transport vessel. As much as 15 days to go from the galactic core to the outer rim. Curiously, the ship also has a backup class 12 hyperdrive in the event the main drive fails.

* It is equipped with only a single gun: a light, top mounted rotating laser turret requiring a gunner. (Access via 'a'on the map) The ship does have a deflector shield, but it is of poor quality.

* There are only three one-man escape pods. ('e' on the map) There are nine of you.

* The ship lacks a workshop, has neither a dedicated armory or gun locker, comes with no droids, and has no internal sealable bulkheads or anti-boarding mechanisms

* The medical bay contains no bacta facilities, and has been completely stripped of medical supplies. A bed, a desk, a chair, a computer and some storage compartments, but otherwise not so much as a bandaid. Additionally, the cramped entrance has a 180 degree turn with only a 4 foot wide walkway that will make it difficult to carry wounded through. Not that you have a stretcher, but you doubt you could fit one through there.

* There are neither enough beds nor bedrooms for everyone. There are 7 beds, and nine of you. The captain's quarters (4), two rooms with one bed (8 and 9), and two rooms with two beds(10 and 11).

* The two-seat cockpit area (1), the navigation console(2) and the communications console(3) are each in separate rooms with walls between them. The ship does have an audio system to allow communication between people in each station, but overall it seems like a poor design that both wastes space and invites trouble.

* The ship does have a reasonable security system, with every door featuring a lock that can be opened by passing a security keycard near it. Each of you has been given a keycard. It is possible to configure the security system to allow/disallow individual keycards to access different ares of the ship. At present, all of your cards grant full access to everything. Additionally, the system does log accesses by any particular card. However, this system is the only security. Anyone with physical access to the cockpit for example, can operate the controls. There is no individual login required for any of the consoles.

* The shop's twin cargo bays make somewhat inefficient use of space, but each of them feature a 10x10 foot powered loading lift controlled via a console in the bay. While the lifts are convenient for quickly loading cargo that's too heavy or awkward to manually walk up the boarding ramp, nearly a quarter of the space in each cargo bay is taken up by the lifts themselves, with yet more blocks off behind them if they're obstructed. Between the lifts and needing to keep walkways clear to access both the lifts and the control console, you'll be severely restricted in the amount of space you can use before accessing any particular piece of cargo results in needing to move something to get at something else.

Midway through your inspection, a courier enters the hangar to deliver a message from the Hutts. Your first mission is to pick up a shipment of Twi'lek slave girls from Ryloth, and bring them back to Tatooine to be auctioned. Additionally you're informed that there will be one additional member joining your party. Someone by the name of Kevak who was apparently late to your meeting with the Hutts earlier. That will bring your total number to ten.

Since you have at least a few hours before you can leave, and apparently there's no immediate rush, a few of you browse the markets kiosks outside the ship hangar area. Surely there's more available for purchase than just what you see here, but these are the things that you see immediately available.

Spoiler: stuff available to buy (click to show/hide)

What do you do?

(Everyone please provide a brief physical description of yourself in your opening post. Also include what you want to do. Remember that you're allowed individual actions. You don't always have to agree on everything. Anything posted in the thread is considered public knowledge. Be reasonable about things your character would personally know. For example, if you're down on a planet and the ship with eight other people receives a message, you wouldn't necessarily in that instant that the message came through, but you can reasonably assume that somebody does/will tell you at some point. It's not "secret" even if you can't immediately act on it. On the other hand if somebody openly posts that they try to pick your pocket, you can reasonably be assumed to have noticed it if you think you would notice. Secret actions and information can be sent via PM.)

(Additionally, if you want to backstab and betray each other, that's ok. However, this game will contain far more external adversity than the previous game did. Even if you all cooperate together, you're still not going to have an instant win like you did last game. You have been warned.)

NOTE: character and ship status' will be regularly updated in the opening post of this thread

NOTE: There were lots of characters. Please check the OP and see if you're listed. If you feel you should be and you aren't, let me know. Lots of PMs, multiple text files copy and pasting...it's not inconceivable that someone might have been missed.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Bridge Crew 2: Escape from Tatooine (Game now live)
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2015, 03:07:21 am »

PTW.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2015, 04:30:58 am »

CC-0042 "Ghaz" sat down on an empty crate directly in front of the Boarding Ramp and took a look at the others. The Clone was in his Early Fifties, his genetic heritage letting him age in a dignified way.
He seemed uncomfortable in the plain clothes he had and looked at the others as though expecting that somebody stepped up and gave him orders.

So let me summarize, we are in the deep shit. We have a crappy ship with not enough fuel or food or even beds to transport us to where we have to go, we owe the harbormaster 50 Creds, we need space for god knows how many Twi'lek slaves and...did i forget something?

We should look how many credits we can pitch in to pay for...i don't know...lets look how many credits we have.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2015, 06:55:03 am »

"As far as I know, we have around 800 credits. And we'd want to ensure that we've enough provisions for not only us, but the cargo as well. There's not much else we can afford to spend."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2015, 07:21:17 am »

A chubby, slimy individual coated in sweat from Tatooine's unseasonable climate, dressed in the very fakest of fake cheap black market-bought designer clothing. He seems to have already bought a durasteel knife for himself, and appears keen on showing it off.

"I can try and get some 'credit' to help out. Y'know, a bit of the old razzle-dazzle. Otherwise food's prolly best. And some fuel!"

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2015, 07:31:01 am »

The doctor, a male in his late 30's with features more aged then the Clone veteran pipes up after scratching his balding head a few times
If our cargo is...sentient... we may want a medikit so that I can give them a proper once over as well. Who knows what condition they could be in, given the state of our luck as it is.

((Also OH GOD RYLOTH AGAIN

Oh. Beige apparently=invisible. Sorry bout that, changing.))
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 03:18:42 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2015, 12:12:20 pm »

((770c Total
-10 since Harry bought himself a knife
-50 for today's rent))

((So we've got 710c to spend on stuff we need. Once we figure out how long the trip is we can buy enough food and fuel for a roundtrip.))

Guni is a tall man with strong, angular features and messy, brown hair. His skin was evenly tanned but somewhat weathered from life on Tatooine, time which also earned him a thick beard and a perpetual squint. He was skinny but prided his strong, calloused hands. His torso has a large, ugly scar as a reminder of his time in the Imperial army that starts on his breast and spreads up to his right shoulder and collar area. It's suggested somewhat by his right arm's stiff movements and can be seen even with his sand-shaded tunic on.

If our cargo is...sentient... we may want a medikit so that I can give them a proper once over as well. Who knows what condition they could be in, given the state of our luck as it is.
That's a good consideration to make. We also need to think about feeding them, but since we don't know how many there are we'll just have to wait to buy their food until we get there. They'll probably end up having to sleep in the hold..

How long will it take to get to Ryleth and back? We need to buy enough fuel and food for a two-way trip.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2015, 05:31:53 pm »

Turn Update

He seems to have already bought a durasteel knife for himself, and appears keen on showing it off.

Harry buys a knife with a nice sheathe for 10 credits and keeps it in a pocket in his trousers. It's a little awkward, but the knife salesman also sells bantha hide belts for 1 credit. Putting it on abelt would make it completely obvious you had it, but it would make drawing much easier.

(GM comment: please don't post actions in RP-ing format using grammatical past tense. It makes it more difficult to identify them as actions you want processed.)

How long will it take to get to Ryleth and back? We need to buy enough fuel and food for a two-way trip.

Off the top of your head you know that Ryloth is actually very close to Tatooine. Only a couple thousand light years, if you recall. You'd guess no more than a day. But as a walker pilot, hypspace astrogation isn't something you know much about except that if it's done incorrectly you can die horribly. At least that's what you've heard.

(GM comment: again, please make it clear if your player is going to act. From the above I infer that you're asking other players, not actually doing anything. RP and discussion are both fine, but I don't want to be processing discussion as an actual action when it's not intended.)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2015, 05:43:02 pm »

We'll also need a stun baton and a blaster to keep those Slaves in line, i presume we wouldn't need a loaded one though just something to scare them into submission if need be. Also don't forget to consider that there'll be a docking fee for Ryloth too.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2015, 06:21:58 pm »

(GM comment: again, please make it clear if your player is going to act. From the above I infer that you're asking other players, not actually doing anything. RP and discussion are both fine, but I don't want to be processing discussion as an actual action when it's not intended.)
((Uh, that's because it wasn't an action. I was talking about it because I figured a starship pilot would know better-))

But as a walker pilot, hyperspace astrogation isn't something you know much about except that if it's done incorrectly you can die horribly. At least that's what you've heard.
((^^-for exactly this reason. >_> Thank you. You're weird for doing that, but thank you.))

We'll also need a stun baton and a blaster to keep those Slaves in line, i presume we wouldn't need a loaded one though just something to scare them into submission if need be. Also don't forget to consider that there'll be a docking fee for Ryloth too.
Guni made a face. Blasters here are expensive as hell. We'd really be putting ourselves out if we took one, but it does sound worth it. I'd rather have that than four stun batons.

Buy 10 ration packs and stow them in the proper place inside the ship. Pay today's hangar rent.

Well.. That's all my creds put towards this trip.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2015, 12:19:29 am »

Turn Update

Buy 10 ration packs and stow them in the proper place inside the ship. Pay today's hangar rent.

Gunianrunin spends all his credits on food and paying the hangar fee for the day. 10 rations, that's a little over a day's worth forthe group of you, since ebbor presumably doesn't eat. And tsill no sign of this Kevak person the Hutt's courier siad would be showing up.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2015, 12:40:48 am »

A tall and lanky man who looks to be in his early 30s, with a constant glower about him that suggests he rather be in the cockpit of a Republic era V-wing being chased down by a Star Destroyer or two than at the helm of a freighter.

I'd say we go get emergency supplies as well, you never know when this old Hutt bucket of rust decides to spontaneously combust or die on us. I'll trust that the good doctor would get his own medical supplies.

Snail buys a fire extinguisher and a glowstick along with another 5 sets of rations.

I do stuff, I guess

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2015, 01:42:05 am »

Good idea. We've got plenty of fuel. Who's going to chip in for the blaster and the medpack?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2015, 02:49:28 am »

"I'll pick up a Medpack," commented a forty-nine year old man of average stature, with slightly darkened (along the lines of India's population) skin hosting a fairly large amount of aged, jagged scars of unknown cause and a head of short, silver hair.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5