Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Superhero project  (Read 514 times)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
The Bay 12 Superhero project
« on: May 21, 2015, 01:11:02 pm »

As the title implies, the goal is to come up with a superhero or supervillain that represents the Bay12 community. First, of course, we need to determine a theme. The entry period for this part of the project ends on June 9th or when get 20 unique concepts, whichever happens first. Once this phase is over, I'll add a poll to the topic so it can be voted upon. First list the basic theme, then some associated concepts. Here's my suggestion:

The Kea
Insane, murderous, thieving
(concept inspired by a parody of the Falcon and based on the fact that keas have been known to eat the backs of sheep while the sheep are still alive)
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay 12 Superhero project
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 01:13:17 pm »

Urist.

That is all.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 01:18:06 pm »

Urist is an anti-superhero though.

Superpowers include ability to drink enormous volumes of alcohol and NOT become intoxicated, the mysterious ability to ALWAYS be on the wrong side of a wall during construction, and has a kleptomaniacal weakness for appropriating socks from dead people.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 03:34:42 pm »

The dwarven vampire. It's undead, doesn't eat or sleep, is basically ignored by other undead, and can live for thousands of years. It's also inhumanly (undwarvenly?) strong and agile.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 03:37:32 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 12:10:44 pm »

The Feline Torch
A cat able to set itself ablaze hotter than the sun. May also inspire other cats to do the same, setting ablaze anything and everything, anywhere and everywhere. Irresistibly cute for maximum contact and coverage when set alight. Recommended not to cage with numerous others, unless intentional as a trap for other superheroes.

Concept inspired by the Thermonuclear Catsplosion and Fantastic 4.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 12:12:28 pm by Itnetlolor »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 12:28:39 pm »

The amazing giant cave spiderman!

Your friendly neighborhood giant cave spiderman, does whatever a giant cave spider can. He has a paralysing bite, can spew webs faster then a gattling gun can shoot, is strong enough to rip a horse apart with his multiple limbs, while also being as large as a horse.

Additionaly, Morul? Morul would probably be strong enough to punt superman off the earth's atmosphere using his eyebrows.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 12:44:48 pm »

Armok

Once a human who was playing on his computer, he turned into the incorporeal consciousness of an entire race, sometimes taking control over their building effort, sometimes controling them individually. When pictures he is a human made up of many dwarves. He is prone to anger, and likes a bloodbath occassionally. He takes joy in watching the flow of magma.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 02:14:19 pm »

Batman.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 02:58:06 pm »

Pathos.

Has the power to be anybody, including you.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 03:02:50 pm »

Pathos.

Has the power to be anybody, including you.

:D

Okay, I admit, this caught me off-guard. No doubt Pathos started this thread to get themselves nominated. The other suggestions are just Pathos trying to distract from this.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!