Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Belly dancing demons summoning great old ones?  (Read 2494 times)

teriderol

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Belly dancing demons summoning great old ones?
« on: May 21, 2015, 04:06:43 pm »

05/18/2015
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/index.html

QUOTE:
temple performers should still be able to do sacred dances and so forth.

Since everything is randomly generated, there is a chance that you will get a group of temple performers. If this group with the performer tag also contains one entity with the demon tag, chances are that a certain temple performer will visit your fortress.
Will there be some kind of script when this happens? (meteors, instant volcano, evil area with demon allocated spheres of power?)

Demon: "Hey [GOD], look at my belly, it wobles."
[GOD]: "BWHAHAHA, that is so funny, here have some more power."
Demon: "Ah, now i can finally corrupt all these dwarfs into my half demon slaves..."

whatever the outcome, make that demon belly dance.

nice game

me

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Belly dancing demons summoning great old ones?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 09:50:40 am »

half demon half dwarf military would be nice

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 02:27:10 pm »

I always wanted to be invaded by moderate demon horde. I find methods of dealing with HFS to be exploit-y, so I don't use them and die. I'd like some medium threat.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 02:46:57 pm »

I always wanted to be invaded by moderate demon horde. I find methods of dealing with HFS to be exploit-y, so I don't use them and die. I'd like some medium threat.

you mean you find throwing people at it until either you run out or hfs dies exploity?

or is there some other way to take care of..enemies in general that im not aware.

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 02:59:02 pm »

Yeah, a military victory is quite easy these days, but the HFS has been gutted as I understand it, so I'm not sure what's left to do down there. Last I went I just found a giant hole I couldn't get down. Things didn't seem to respawn either.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 05:49:12 pm »

I beat HFS once just using ten dwarves. Each did have an artifact weapon, and at least three pieces of artifact armour, though. I geared my fort towards only a minimal amount of people not being smiths.

Otherwise, I've only beaten it by throwing my own horde of 100 dwarves at it. Make 1 elite squad and 9 militia, moderately train and equip the militia, superbly train and equip the elite, then merge them, so the elite are heading each squad, and give a general equipment upgrade to the militia, meaning to replace their bronze with steel, and add more leather layers. Maybe toss some adamantine edge weapons in for the better militia.

I hate the exploity ways of doing it, I find the most fun from DF is watching long prepared plans in action, normally by sheer dwarf power/sheer force. Exploity things like quantum stockpiles, shotguns, and the checkerbored really don't work with me.

EDIT: And yes, I agree, we should have some super powerful demon that can potentially show up. Maybe one with necromatic powers with a very large cooldown, and a ton of abilities, wielding a slade hammer or maul, and using demon bone armour. An equivalent to the angels' archangel. Maybe have them send some form of non-demon force first, like some form of zombies or captured sentients.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 05:52:31 pm by StagnantSoul »
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

teriderol

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 11:09:27 am »

So, back on topic, is it possible to receive confirmaion on whether or not certain entities are excluded from art forms or passing them through?

can't wait to see a bronze colossus do the robot.