Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

How do you organize your refuse stockpile to minimize mi

<< < (2/8) > >>

Hypcso:
I created a 4x4 pit to throw all my trash in. I also put my prison around the sides. Dwarves REALLY don't want to go to prison in my fortress.

Markatta:
I build a three tile long hallway to the stockpile and put a door in both ends, like an airlock. Works perfectly.

Wolfius:
quote:Originally posted by Markatta:
<STRONG>I build a three tile long hallway to the stockpile and put a door in both ends, like an airlock. Works perfectly.</STRONG>Likewise, 'cept mine's usually 10 tiles, as my stockpiles tend to be 10x10 themselves.I have, however, notived that miasma doesn't seem to pass through even the first door, when it's opened by dwarves and animals going through.

Shadowlord:
Anjey's design is more or less the same as what I do myself, except that I have larger center halls (6 wide), and use the center for bone/shell/skull storage, and I do the construction and designation in a different order:1. Dig out everything.
2. Place doors.
3. Designate stockpiles in the halls for bones/shells/skulls.
4. Designate a stockpile over the whole thing, which will only really be placed on the 1x1 tiles behind doors, since all other space is already occupied by a stockpile or doors. This second stockpile accepts all refuse except bones/shells/skulls.
5. Set the bone/shells/skulls stockpiles to take from the regular refuse stockpiles.The beauty of this and Anjay's method is that the dwarves will never walk into one of the chambers with miasma in it - they'll put refuse in an empty room and then never go in there again until it has fully decayed. And then (with my setup) they remove the bones/shells/skulls from the 1x1 rooms, freeing the space up for more junk to be deposited to decay in safety.

Quintin Stone:
I have an outside stockpile and a couple of indoor ones with airlock doors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version