Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How often should I update?

Once everyone has posted an action.
~2 days. Auto everyone who hasn't posted an action
~2 days excluding weekends. Auto everyone who hasn't posted an action.
every day. Auto everyone else.
3-4 days.
once every week.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: STAR WARS episode 6.5 (an RTD) Turn 12 | Waitlist open  (Read 14637 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
STAR WARS episode 6.5 (an RTD) Turn 12 | Waitlist open
« on: May 22, 2015, 02:26:49 pm »

Disclaimer: This is not based on the books. This just takes some general information from them. You do not have to be a star wars nerd to play, But it is recommended to have watched episodes 4-6.

Star Wars
Episode 6.5

After the destruction of the second Death Star and the death of Lord Palpatine,
a new Republic was formed and prospered. Unfortunately, the remnants of the
imperial forces gathered under Lord Shadowspawn and disrupted the peace.
His forces committed several acts Piracy and terrorism throughout the galaxy.
Several planets fell before his onslaught, so the Republic assembled a team of 6
to take him down...

This is an RTD based on the star wars universe. There will be 6 players who are to use all the tools at their disposal to liberate several planets from Lord Shadowspawn and destroy him. All general action rolls will be a d-8 with successes ranging from an absolute fail (1) to total success (7) to overshoot (8 ). Combat will be represented with several duels with each character rolling a d-6. The one with the higher roll will take the difference of health away from the other character. Modifiers can add or subtract to the rolls. A modifier will not, however, trigger an overshoot unless the actual dice roll was an 8. Please ask if anything is unclear. Role playing is highly encouraged

Character sheets: Be reasonable. I'm going to let you guys be creative with your characters, but don't make them overpowered. (no lightsabers...yet)
Name:
Species:
Description:
Inventory:
Abilities:
Backstory:

Ship: your team will start on a ship about the size of the millennium falcon. again, be reasonable with this. Offer some suggestions and have everyone vote for the favorite.
Name:
Armament:
Rooms:
Description:

Current character stats can be found here

Player 1:
Spoiler: Pankeak (click to show/hide)

Player 2:
Spoiler: Teneb (click to show/hide)

Player 3:
Spoiler: yourmaster (click to show/hide)

Player 4:
Spoiler: ATHATH (click to show/hide)

Player 5: Ijiraat, modkilled: replaced by Fillipk.

Player 6: Peradon

Waitlist
If someone dies during a planet liberation, after the planet is safe, waitlisted players will replace the dead comerades for next mission.

Filipik

Patrick Hunt

SaberToothTiger
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 10:15:31 pm by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: STAR WARS episode 6.5 (an RTD)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 03:20:16 pm »

no lightsabers looks meh :(
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 03:23:17 pm »

Are droids acceptable?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 03:39:03 pm by Pancaek »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 03:23:57 pm »

no lightsabers looks meh :(
Don't worry, you'll find some lightsabers on the way. But just for the start, to make it more fair.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 03:38:23 pm »

Are we allowed to make force sensitivity? If so, how powerful?
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 03:40:12 pm »

Are we allowed to make force sensitivity? If so, how powerful?
Of course. Although it would require training/practice to be able to use it eventually.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 04:07:00 pm »

Does this work?
Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 06:20:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 06:22:59 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 07:08:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Does this work?
Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)

both of these are excellent. 4 slots open.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: STAR WARS episode 6.5 (an RTD) SINGUPS! 2/6
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 08:22:07 pm »

Panceak, I made your character slightly weaker by adding -1 to climbing and only allowing you to use new equipment if you find an engineering bay. There is an engineering bay on the ship.

I will constantly update character stats in this google sheet.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 09:19:15 pm »

What constitutes as equipment? And what made you make my character weaker? I'd like to know because I'd rather not die because I fell from a ladder, talk about embarassing.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 09:29:33 pm »

What constitutes as equipment? And what made you make my character weaker? I'd like to know because I'd rather not die because I fell from a ladder, talk about embarrassing.
Well, I want to make all characters start at about the same, and you had quite  few advantages. So, to even it out, I gave your character a slight debuff. (and climbing means Rock climbing, etc. Not ladders. This isn't going to be an RTD where I roll to see if you successfully walk to your room or not. It's more of the more difficult tasks I'll roll for.

Equipment is new weapons, modifications, etc. Anything you can pick up and use more than just throwing the thing. So a rock does not constitute equipment, while a pack of med-spray does.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 09:31:22 pm by origamiscienceguy »

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 09:40:09 pm »

Name: Alexander Raman
Species: Human
Description: A boy of average height and build, with long brown hair. They have tanned skin. Their eyes are a dark brown.
Inventory: Vibrosword, slugthrower rifle
Abilities:Force sensitive, if that counts. slughthrowers.
Backstory: born out of the way of Jedi, Alexander never got noticed as a force sensitive. He learned basic things, and never had much trouble. That all changed when the fire nation attacked when the Empire was coming into power. Accused of being force sensitive, he was going to be executed. He was saved by others he knew. He wasn't  acknowledged as force sensetive unti the rebellion retook the planet. He was put as part of the team due to the fact he was force sensetive and had capability in rather rare slugthrowers.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 10:52:13 pm by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 09:52:14 pm »

Name: Alexander Raman
Species: Human
Description: A boy of average height and build, with long brown hair. They have tanned skin. Their eyes are a dark brown.
Inventory: Vibrosword,
Abilities:Force sensitive, if that counts. He has a slight skill in slughthrowers.
Backstory: born out of the way of Jedi, Alexander never got noticed as a force sensitive. He learned basic things, and never had much trouble. That all changed when the fire nation attacked when the Empire was coming into power. Accused of being force sensitive, he was going to be executed. He was saved by others he knew.

Will finish soon.
Looks good so far. Your character currently cannot use the force in any way, but training can eventually build its power.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2015, 09:54:11 pm »

What constitutes as equipment? And what made you make my character weaker? I'd like to know because I'd rather not die because I fell from a ladder, talk about embarrassing.
Well, I want to make all characters start at about the same, and you had quite  few advantages. So, to even it out, I gave your character a slight debuff. (and climbing means Rock climbing, etc. Not ladders. This isn't going to be an RTD where I roll to see if you successfully walk to your room or not. It's more of the more difficult tasks I'll roll for.

Equipment is new weapons, modifications, etc. Anything you can pick up and use more than just throwing the thing. So a rock does not constitute equipment, while a pack of med-spray does.
Okay then, how many advantages would I have to give up to get the equipment thing gone? Because what's the point in playing a humanoid assassin droid that can't pick up new stuff and use it like a human would, eh?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13