Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How often should I update?

Once everyone has posted an action.
~2 days. Auto everyone who hasn't posted an action
~2 days excluding weekends. Auto everyone who hasn't posted an action.
every day. Auto everyone else.
3-4 days.
once every week.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: STAR WARS episode 6.5 (an RTD) Turn 12 | Waitlist open  (Read 14611 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: STAR WARS episode 6.5 (an RTD) SINGUPS! 2/6
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 09:58:13 pm »

What constitutes as equipment? And what made you make my character weaker? I'd like to know because I'd rather not die because I fell from a ladder, talk about embarrassing.
Well, I want to make all characters start at about the same, and you had quite  few advantages. So, to even it out, I gave your character a slight debuff. (and climbing means Rock climbing, etc. Not ladders. This isn't going to be an RTD where I roll to see if you successfully walk to your room or not. It's more of the more difficult tasks I'll roll for.

Equipment is new weapons, modifications, etc. Anything you can pick up and use more than just throwing the thing. So a rock does not constitute equipment, while a pack of med-spray does.
Okay then, how many advantages would I have to give up to get the equipment thing gone? Because what's the point in playing a humanoid assassin droid that can't pick up new stuff and use it like a human would, eh?
I guess you could carry it around in your arms, or maybe get a pack or bag of some sort. As you may have noticed, though, most droids are kind of... bare.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 10:03:15 pm »

What constitutes as equipment? And what made you make my character weaker? I'd like to know because I'd rather not die because I fell from a ladder, talk about embarrassing.
Well, I want to make all characters start at about the same, and you had quite  few advantages. So, to even it out, I gave your character a slight debuff. (and climbing means Rock climbing, etc. Not ladders. This isn't going to be an RTD where I roll to see if you successfully walk to your room or not. It's more of the more difficult tasks I'll roll for.

Equipment is new weapons, modifications, etc. Anything you can pick up and use more than just throwing the thing. So a rock does not constitute equipment, while a pack of med-spray does.
Okay then, how many advantages would I have to give up to get the equipment thing gone? Because what's the point in playing a humanoid assassin droid that can't pick up new stuff and use it like a human would, eh?
OH! Silly me. I thought you were an astromech droid for a second. I think that getting rid of one buff should be good. Out of these 5: Hacking, Repairing, Piloting, persuading, accuracy
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 10:09:45 pm »

OH! Silly me. I thought you were an astromech droid for a second.

Speaking of which... This made me laugh so hard today.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: STAR WARS episode 6.5 (an RTD) SINGUPS! 3/6
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 10:26:07 pm »

Heh, though I was going for R2D2, assassin extraordinaire? But yeah, peruading gets to go. Wearily: No point in trying to talk over meatbags anyway.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 10:34:23 pm »

Heh, though I was going for R2D2, assassin extraordinaire? But yeah, peruading gets to go. Wearily: No point in trying to talk over meatbags anyway.
Done and done.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2015, 10:48:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 11:26:36 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2015, 11:59:40 pm »

"you have issues" XD xD XD
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2015, 12:03:02 am »

ATHATH, I am a bit confused. Is Lucy a weapon?

Also, may I reduce your credits to 20? because I don't want certain Items costing ridiculously high numbers later in the game.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 10:48:02 am by origamiscienceguy »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: STAR WARS episode 6.5 (an RTD) SINGUPS! 4/6
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2015, 04:20:07 pm »

I decided that it would be better if I design the ship But I will take into account recommendations so far.

Name: Aluminum Buzzard.
Armament: 1 dual laser turret covering the hemisphere above the ship. One turret mount underneath currently with no gun. 2 single large laser cannons facing the front (+1 damage, but must be directly attacking the enemy)

Rooms:

Cockpit: where all the controls for flight are located. God help you if this is damaged.

Shield Generator: Generates shields around you ship. Replenishes 1 HP of shield each turn if not damaged.

Turret Cockpit x2: Required for operating the turrets on the ship. Only the upper one currently has a weapon.

Engineering bay: Has all the tools you'd need to repair equipment and the ship. Someone intuitive enough could also build some makeshift equipment if one desires.

Med-bay: Has everything you'd need to repair people.

Storage: Holds materials for the ship and for people.

Engines: Holds the capacitors that power the engines.

Reactor: Provides Power to the ship.

Ijiraat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: STAR WARS episode 6.5 (an RTD) SINGUPS! 4/6
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2015, 09:11:55 pm »

I am interested in being player 5! I will begin working on my character sheet right away!

Edit: Sorry it took me so long! Got caught up at work last night!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 03:56:09 pm by Ijiraat »

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: STAR WARS episode 6.5 (an RTD) SINGUPS! 5/6
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2015, 11:00:02 pm »

I'm making a sheet now.....
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: STAR WARS episode 6.5 (an RTD) Starting Soon
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2015, 11:19:03 pm »

We should immediately head to Mandalore and dig up really good armor.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: STAR WARS episode 6.5 (an RTD) SINGUPS! 5/6
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2015, 11:49:53 pm »

Name: He is called Harper among his friends, but to strangers he is mostly called The White One.

Species: Half Echani, half human

Description: A rather pale looking man. His hair is white. His eyes are blue, and his height is about 6'2". He is fairly muscular, but not to the
point of being a super-model.

Inventory: Echani Double-Vibrosword, white robe, secret Echani Communicator.

Abilities: Is trained in the Echani martial arts, a keen understanding of military strategy, and is force sensitive.

Backstory: Harper had an Echani mother, named Karchi, and a human father, named Marco. His mother was a minor General in the rebel alliance, and his father was a Captain of the rebels. Before he was born, his father died while fighting at Polis Masa. With a new child, and being a single mother, Karchi left the war and returned to the Echani home world to raise her son. Harper had a quintessential childhood, for the Echani. He excelled in combat school, and when he graduated, he joined the military. During his career, he excelled. In the 6 short years that he was in the military, he rose through the ranks to the equivalent of 1st Lieutenant. At this point in history, the Echani did not trust the Rebellion, even if on the outside they fought for them, there was discussion in the inner counsels about a series of battles that could lead to the conquering of the Echani home worlds. This led to Harper's newest assignment: to infiltrate the Rebel's ranks, to report their inner movements, and their inner motives...

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2015, 11:56:35 pm »

Kotor references.... Kotor references everywhere...

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2015, 01:20:50 pm »

I'm going to give Ijiraat 24 more hours to compete his sheet before I ask for a replacement.

Untill then, I'll give the list of important planets. You will have to liberate tatooine first, but then you could do them in any order.

Coruscant: Republic Controlled. Home base. There may be some time between planet liberations to hone your skills here. Has many of the basic supplies your party will need.

Bespin: Republic Controlled. Manufactures any kind of blaster weapon you can think of.

Tatooine: Republic Controlled, but under attack by Imperial forces. This is your first target. Has men for hire to help on the ship.

Mandalore: Mandalorian controlled. The mandalorians are mercenaries whose allegiance is currently unknown.

Hoth: Imperial Controlled. Extracts raw materials that several planets would pay handily for.

Dagobah: Imperial Controlled. It is rumored that Yoda’s lightsaber is hidden somewhere on this planet.

Naboo: Imperial Controlled. Produces vehicles and small fighters. Most of the inhabitants are dissatisfied with the Imperial Occupation.

Kashyyyk: Imperial Controlled. Has several exhotic animals worth a fortune on the black market.

Geonosis: Imperial Controlled. Produces droids of every kind. Heavily guarded

Yavin: Imperial Controlled. has massive shipyards. Perfect place to upgrade or add on to your ship. Heavily Guarded

Mustafar: Imperial Controlled. The Imperial Stronghold. This is where you will most likely find Lord Shadowspawn and put an end to this war. Extremely protected

Endor: Neutral. Little production
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13