Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Zombie Zoeds  (Read 24258 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Zoeds
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2015, 09:02:57 pm »

trading cards
"See ago". What the hell is that supposed to mean? Maybe "look behind you", but there isn't anything behind the character.
That game beats big rigs easily.

EDIT: Wait, can you beat this game? I'm no longer sure. Big rigs isn't something you beat that easily on second thought.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:22:56 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2015, 01:00:30 am »

Instant buy for Patron (bullet) and Lazers.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2015, 06:52:02 am »

You can't even play the game is the issue. The download on Steam is only the DirectX redistribute.
You could try playing with your imagination.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2015, 12:08:27 pm »

You can't even play the game is the issue. The download on Steam is only the DirectX redistribute.

I really like it! It's like most ASCII games where you use your imagination to recreate what is happening in game, except you imagine the whole thing!

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2015, 01:58:07 pm »

I really like it! It's like most ASCII games where you use your imagination to recreate what is happening in game, except you imagine the whole thing!

The next level of hipster gaming!!!!
I can guarantee there will somehow be DLC though.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2015, 04:13:17 pm »

The next level of hipster gaming!!!!
I can guarantee there will somehow be DLC though.

Shipments of LSD?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2015, 06:09:43 pm »

Fairly certain any game the you imagine will be 10x more entertaining than Zombie Zoeds.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2015, 07:05:14 pm »

Fairly certain any game the you imagine will be 10x more entertaining than Zombie Zoeds.

Not unless you're a stand-up comedian.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2015, 08:05:15 pm »

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2015, 05:01:20 pm »

So I managed to get my hands on a copy of this dungheap.  Let's do a brief run-down of the game here.

Here is the title screen.  Note that EXIT is in all caps.  The title screen has no music or sound when you select an option.  "Loading" I assume means Load Game, but as far as I can tell there's no way to save progress.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After clicking on New Game, it just plops you here without any screen transition or exposition.

Sometimes you run into survivors.  They have the same basic AI as the zombies in that they move towards you non-stop, but they don't deal damage to you by collision.  You can kill them, and you lose 100 points by doing so.

Presumably you are supposed to bring these survivors to the poorly drawn Evacuation Zone, but I never managed to, because of the sheer number of zombies.

Here are some zombies.  For the most part they just walk right towards you, but a few attack with a gas cloud projectile.

Now let's get into the controls.  You move with the WASD keys and fire the gun with the mouse.  The gun actually has three firing modes, each of which use up valuable "patron".  You'd think that you can move and fire in different directions like some twin stick shooter like Robotron or Smash TV.  Unfortunately you can only fire in the direction you are currently facing.  Often this means running from a pack of zombies, turning around, and then firing while standing stationary.  The individual projectiles are very small, and you can only move in the eight cardinal directions so it is surprisingly hard to hit enemies.  There's no melee attack if you run out of patron but there are a handful of crates which replenish ammo.  There are also health packs.

The way to complete levels is to find some large black arrow in one of the corners of the level.  Unfortunately on level 3 the game lagged so much that I had to force quit the game from the task manager.  Interestingly, the task manager refers to Zombie Zoeds as "Application 1".

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2015, 08:44:50 pm »

Truly an amazing game, just remember to get many patroner!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2015, 10:11:51 pm »

I really like the concept of this game! You are funded by pacifists on patreon, so you lose one supporter for each bullet you fire! That way, the game favors a non lethal strategy, something very original for a zombie game! Truly a gem of the video game industry!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2015, 01:23:41 pm »

It looks like a very very early proof of concept. And not a particularly revolutionary concept either.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2015, 03:28:14 pm »

It looks like a very very early proof of concept. And not a particularly revolutionary concept either.
What do you mean? Zombie games are the most amazing original thing ever!

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2015, 07:40:42 pm »

With enough work and polish, it could had been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5