Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5774585 times)

RedWick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What's going on in your fort?
« on: December 01, 2007, 08:05:00 pm »

My current goal involves making Golden Salve.  Given how hard it is to find a valley herb (I spent all three months of spring searching for it and only turned up one), this could prove to be difficult.

Plus, rather than my usual compact fort, I've decided on a sprawling one, with long corridors and plenty of space to turn into zoos, statue gardens, and all sorts of other recreational stuff.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 08:10:00 pm »

Finding valley herbs is going to be even more difficult when half your dwarves are going to be attending parties.   :D
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

RedWick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 08:15:00 pm »

Bah...no parties until I have some Golden Salve in my possession!  I WILL NOT BE DENIED!

I'm kinda curious to see if it's possible to get seeds from the herb and cultivate it myself, actually.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 08:51:00 pm »

Hmm, I searched the wiki but I can't find out what Golden Slave actually is.
Could someone fill me in?

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 08:54:00 pm »

I'm expanding my metal production, my military, and I am enhancing my trap systems.

When the sieges are working again, I'll be ready (I hope).

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 09:17:00 pm »

I'm building a glass road (3 Clear glass every 30 green) to connect to each side of the map.  I'm building it to connect to my clear glass trade depot which sits at the bottom of a green tower that is going to be the main entrance to a giant Fortress of glass in the sky.

This will be followed by 4 more towers.  One will pump water up for many reasons, farming, machinery and aesthetics.  One to pump lava to power industries, and two towers to allow easy access to mining operations.

Hypcso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 09:29:00 pm »

Finishing training my 30 dwarf Military. All legendary wrestlers/shield users/armor users and nearly all legendary in a weapon skill now. Then I plan to expand my mining operations and re-wall all my hallways in Microline ( I don't know what it is about Microline that I love so much )

palin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 10:50:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Helmaroc:
<STRONG>Hmm, I searched the wiki but I can't find out what Golden Slave actually is.
Could someone fill me in?</STRONG>

Read the entry for Valley Herb and the entry for Thresher. Golden salve is an extract created by processing Valley Herbs into a vial at a farmer's workshop. Currently it serves no purpose, but in theory it's a medical herb.

Markham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.boogatech.com
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 11:20:00 pm »

Currently building a fortress that bridges a 16-z-level canyon.  Lawbreakers are sentenced to floor removal.

DuncanFrost

• Bay Watcher
  • Urban Legendary
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt account.
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 04:42:00 am »

I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.
Toady looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
Toady has butchered a spammer!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 04:54:00 am »

Ah, but all great art is created to cause emotion within the viewer!  Whether this be joy, sadness or disgust, it doesn't matter!

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 06:30:00 am »

Still in the process of giving all my dwarves 25-tile rooms. Many more to go. Also building a massive, spacious shopping district, space for 16 shops.

Just finished a large-ass "chasm" shaft that goes through the middle of my fort and out through the top of the mountain. Lets light in, and lets melancholy dwarves have a place to fall... which they have several times. Finished the main road area at the entrance of my fort. Large golden section, lined with a 1-tile wide border of aluminum. Very valuable, able to attract the king as soon as I offer the caravan a whole lot of goods.

Still have many large projects I can think of to do.

Blaidd_Drwg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 09:59:00 am »

I'm mining out and smelting every piece of iron ore I can get my hands on to train my armoursmith up to legendary so he can make seriously awesome armour for my military. Then I'm going to do the same for weapons.

Wolfius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2007, 10:47:00 am »

Nothing big at the moment, just training my legendary-equiped 10-dwarf military, building up my walls, and training siege operators.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2007, 03:03:00 pm »

I'm trying to recuperate after a bronze colossus attack. I had 50+ dwarves, now about half that. Luckily, they survived because the colossus was busy killing the 40+ kittens and puppies, along with about 3/4ths of my military (all wusses because I'm afraid to let them spar... I'm reconsidering. Let all dwarves that get mortal wounds die!). It died because it kept walking over weapon traps next to a door. It would walk onto them to start killing the door, then see a kitten to kill, then kill it, then walk back, then start again, then see a dwarf to kill, kill it, come back, etc. Took about 7 times to kill the bugger. My army managed to scratch its right arm. Damn them. Now I have to keep my mayor alive but I used my last bucket on an ashery and my dwarves are too busy tantruming to make more. A true disaster, but one thing makes it awesome: losing is fun! Yay!

Speaking of engravings, a while ago (before the attack) I got one of a dwarf in the fetal position. I'd love to see the ones I'll get now.

Off to make 25 coffins!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 3835