Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 940 941 [942] 943 944 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5845126 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #14115 on: June 24, 2011, 06:24:19 am »

Uuuh, Melbilonshen's Mayor got her 15th kid already.

What a fertile lady.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14116 on: June 24, 2011, 02:25:59 pm »

OH, COME THE FUCK ON.
I've been at this fortress for barely two seasons when a rhesus macaque comes by and steals a masterpiece amulet. Naturally, my Stonecrafter throws a tantrum and whines at my expedition leader. He doesn't feel like talking so Urist McTizzy goes and flattens a puppy. It was going so well...

Soapalope

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Soaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14117 on: June 24, 2011, 02:31:09 pm »

Just watched four seperate steel-clad, axe-wielding dwarfs (dwarves?) get their limbs surgically removed and bleed to death from ONE giant capybara. I think we have found the new carp.
FB: I was thinking Facebook. Oh well, I guess killing a Forgotten Beast is cool too.
Note to self: Devise methods of dropping Liaisons down pits during meetings. Yell, "THIS IS SPAARRTAAAAA..." at my monitor.

GabrielSev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14118 on: June 24, 2011, 04:23:05 pm »

Thanks guys, my weapon trap at t he front of the base saved my life, made the elves dodge into my deep water next to it lol, also how do I make Pits?

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #14119 on: June 24, 2011, 04:34:08 pm »

pit:
-have a pit.
-designate a zone over an edge.
-change the zone to [p]ond/pit
-then investigate pit settings with [P]
full will be filled with buckets of water,
empty can be used to dump animals, like in a cage or more like the new pasture zones.

edit: but you want Pits... that probably involves upright spikes.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 04:37:56 pm by Areyar »
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14120 on: June 24, 2011, 04:38:20 pm »

to make a Pit TRAP, just dig a deeeeep pit, possibly with spikes, or magma, and then place a retracting bridge over it. pull the lever? Bridge disappears! wheeeeee *splash*
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

GabrielSev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14121 on: June 24, 2011, 04:48:39 pm »

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14122 on: June 24, 2011, 04:51:44 pm »

Generally been culling my herds/flocks, building a new outer wall, and setting up new air-lock bridges. I'll probably have to rebuild them after the elves leave since my genius dwarfs decided to start them both on the wrong side of the wall... At least the dusk elves will have some more metal for my stockpiles (Genesis mod) and maybe I'll get some more badgers from the hippies.

Also just started work on my watch towers, which will have some nice glass windows as soon as I re-build my magma forges. Once that's up and running, I'll be cutting invasions back on.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14123 on: June 24, 2011, 05:29:30 pm »

Also, I had two babies born on the same day - a boy and a girl, both named Zaneg.  They both had cool last names too.  I'm going to try and make them become a couple when they grow up.

So, that fortress is in the middle of a pretty big tantrum spiral.  I had this really romantic idea, where the two Zanegs (currently a year old) would be locked in a room and be the only survivors.  Then they would grow up and rebuild the fortress together.  However, the girl has decided to "Attend Meeting", and is not entering the room.  So instead, I'm going to have the boy be the only survivor.  He'll someday become the baron, and under his rule, the fortress will crack down on tantrums.

Edit:  Hey, I just got my first Fell mood.  I'm very eager to see what I get.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 05:39:54 pm by BodyGripper »
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14124 on: June 24, 2011, 06:10:53 pm »

Also, I had two babies born on the same day - a boy and a girl, both named Zaneg.  They both had cool last names too.  I'm going to try and make them become a couple when they grow up.

So, that fortress is in the middle of a pretty big tantrum spiral.  I had this really romantic idea, where the two Zanegs (currently a year old) would be locked in a room and be the only survivors.  Then they would grow up and rebuild the fortress together.  However, the girl has decided to "Attend Meeting", and is not entering the room.  So instead, I'm going to have the boy be the only survivor.  He'll someday become the baron, and under his rule, the fortress will crack down on tantrums.

Edit:  Hey, I just got my first Fell mood.  I'm very eager to see what I get.

I suggest luring the girl into a separate room somehow. Just because I'm sucker for Adam-Eve plots.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14125 on: June 24, 2011, 06:16:04 pm »

I wish dwarves in cages didn't need to eat, then you could make a cool stasis chamber by Cave-capsuling some dwarves in cage traps and then placing them in a Vault, then sealing it. When the migrants come next season they pull the lever to thaw the elders out of hibernation and rebuild the fort
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14126 on: June 24, 2011, 06:27:44 pm »

That would be cool indeed.
Boy and Girl Zaneg are now both safely in their hideout, which is stocked with food and drink.  All the other food/drink is forbidden, since I don't want this spiral to be half-assed.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

GabrielSev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14127 on: June 24, 2011, 07:12:23 pm »

How do i DIG a pit.

Gyvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14128 on: June 24, 2011, 07:26:11 pm »

How do i DIG a pit.

d -> h.

Now, as for my fort, after losing both my miners to the previously mentioned magma incident, I decided to just abandon and reclaim.  It was just too good a location to give up (ground level volcano, magnetite AND hematite, and tons of Dolomite (It's dolomite, Baby)).  Now, I got my metal industry up and running, almost finished a parapet over my entrance ramp so my marksdwarves can shoot down is almost done, and I just recently found a rich galena vein. (Unfortunately, it's practically on the other side of the map from y smelters).

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14129 on: June 24, 2011, 07:39:35 pm »

Or to make it almost 100% safe assuming the z-level below the lip of the planned pit is unmined, go down that z-level and designate ramps be dug. Same end result, less idiots creating cave-ins and killing themselves. use it on every subsequent z-level you want to make a pit.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 940 941 [942] 943 944 ... 3836