Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 941 942 [943] 944 945 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5852265 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #14130 on: June 24, 2011, 11:36:39 pm »

Just made a Loyalty Crusade now the fortress is on fire so !!FUN!!  8)
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14131 on: June 25, 2011, 12:10:52 am »

Change of plans - I decided to let Boy Zaneg's mother and his two younger siblings into the hideout.  I made this decision when I noticed she was a militia commander with several elf kills.  I did this just in the nick of time, too.  A goblin siege showed up and killed everyone else right afterward (To be fair, many of these people were killed by Girl Zaneg's father when he went berserk).

There are now 5 survivors, and they will be the royal family.  Boy Zaneg (Thorncrafted) will someday be the Baron, Girl Zaneg (Passioncrystal) will be his consort, his mother (Erush Bronzeanvils the Cradle of Peace) will be the militia commander, his little sister (Rigoth Gatelaws) will be the captain of the guard, and his little brother Id will be the family loser, but everyone will like him because he'll throw parties all day long. 

This is all assuming they aren't ripped limb from limb by the ghosts of the hundreds of unburied dwarfs right outside.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 12:13:04 am by BodyGripper »
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14132 on: June 25, 2011, 01:02:29 am »

Just made a Loyalty Crusade now the fortress is on fire so !!FUN!!  8)
Damn it crashed when there were only 20 dwarf's left.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14133 on: June 25, 2011, 01:04:03 am »

Change of plans - I decided to let Boy Zaneg's mother and his two younger siblings into the hideout.  I made this decision when I noticed she was a militia commander with several elf kills.  I did this just in the nick of time, too.  A goblin siege showed up and killed everyone else right afterward (To be fair, many of these people were killed by Girl Zaneg's father when he went berserk).

There are now 5 survivors, and they will be the royal family.  Boy Zaneg (Thorncrafted) will someday be the Baron, Girl Zaneg (Passioncrystal) will be his consort, his mother (Erush Bronzeanvils the Cradle of Peace) will be the militia commander, his little sister (Rigoth Gatelaws) will be the captain of the guard, and his little brother Id will be the family loser, but everyone will like him because he'll throw parties all day long. 

This is all assuming they aren't ripped limb from limb by the ghosts of the hundreds of unburied dwarfs right outside.

Obvious solution is to make Id a stonecrafter. ^__~

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14134 on: June 25, 2011, 02:07:42 am »

Just started a new fort  on a nice volcano, flatest one ive found for .25.  Three levels down (just below the soil) I run into a native platinum deposit the size of a magnatite cluster, a little fiddling with prospector shows 8,500 tiles of it on my map, Im still trying to think of something suitably awesome to do with it all.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14135 on: June 25, 2011, 02:59:41 am »

Ended a double-siege tonight. Was on the new dwarf fortress steam group with apparently the only other person on this forum that uses steam.

Lost 3-4 legendary steel-equipped soldiers to the two semi-megabeast pikemen squads. Killed the trolls' general.
Cleanup is happening now, and it will take FOREVER.

Then my commander reports she cant make anymore gloves because we're out of steel bars. !!FUN!! will likely ensue tomorrow as i attempt to actually produce more steel. I'm out of everything needed for it by now. Need sleep...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #14136 on: June 25, 2011, 03:51:01 am »

thot, an eyeless serpent like and winged forgotten beast has arrived.
in the caves.
which are naturally sealed off from the rest.
so...he'll stay there.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14137 on: June 25, 2011, 03:58:30 am »

Three squads of goblins attacked.  First squad got caught by cage traps, second squad and most of the third got caught in the drowning hallway.

One sword goblin who was moving really, really fast, got through the hallway just as the floodgate came down behind her, started running into my fort and ran into the goblin grinder.  then stopped and wouldn't move at all.  I released the water from the drowning hallway and when it was down to 3 depth, the human caraven moved out, ran into the goblin.  A human swordsman moved into the goblin grinder with the goblin and the goblin immediately cut one of his legs off - he passed out.  A human archer then pelted the goblin to death with about 20 shots, and the humans moved on, taking their unconscious one legged warrior with them somehow - either that or he died - not sure which.

They didn't even get to the obsidian mixer :(

Maybe next time.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Khris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14138 on: June 25, 2011, 04:08:48 am »

What the hell is with those sudden ambushes, suddenly I get an announcement that my farmer was interrupted by a Goblin, I look and see 8-10 Goblins right in front of my fort and they killed two dwarves until my military was up there. Guess it's time to create some advanced trap parcours.

Also poor Goose was caught in the middle of the massacre.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14139 on: June 25, 2011, 04:15:44 am »

What the hell is with those sudden ambushes, suddenly I get an announcement that my farmer was interrupted by a Goblin, I look and see 8-10 Goblins right in front of my fort and they killed two dwarves until my military was up there. Guess it's time to create some advanced trap parcours.

Also poor Goose was caught in the middle of the massacre.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Generally, you won't see a ambush until it's pretty much going to kill one of your dwarves.  Hunters and fisherdwarves get hit hard, and anyone going out for a drink if you don't have secure water and run out of booze.

Do a search for "animal powered watchtower" to see probably the best ways to prevent goblins from ambushing your dwarves - at least near the watchtowers.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14140 on: June 25, 2011, 04:19:42 am »

My one-legged worker dwarves must be popular...

Two of the last three artifacts are single shoes (yes, I know it does this on purpose.)

An adamantine high boot.  And now a lowly pig-tail sandal that (of course) has an image of the boot on it.

No goblin sieges in close to two years, so they are due.  Hope I get the watchtowers under construction completed by then.  And time to test out the new archery bunker design.
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

Khris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14141 on: June 25, 2011, 08:40:49 am »

NOOOOOOO, they killed my High Master Engraver!!!
Why was even out there???

Hope the water freezes soon, I need to make a secure water source already.

Gyvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14142 on: June 25, 2011, 09:11:15 am »

Apparently, a forgotten beast showed up and was killed fast enough to not trigger an announcement.  I haven't even pierced the caverns (though they are visible around my volcano), but he's listed as "deceased" under the units list.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14143 on: June 25, 2011, 03:03:24 pm »

My stone bin reaction is working.
*Mad scientist laugh*
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Jalapeño Cheesepuffs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14144 on: June 25, 2011, 03:23:37 pm »

Crafted my first-ever artifact before the second spring...

A dolomite scepter menacing with spikes of dolomite, made by a dwarf named Urist...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

On a side note, he was a highly skilled Engraver and claimed a Craftdwarf's Workshop, made what seems like a stonecraft (he was a "not stonecrafter"), and ended up as Legendary Engraver. How does that work?
"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr. Brain has long since departed"

-Edmund Blackadder
Pages: 1 ... 941 942 [943] 944 945 ... 3836