Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5840780 times)

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #1740 on: March 16, 2010, 01:06:37 am »

Go with the wrestler. Less chance of accidental death that way.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Banana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: March 16, 2010, 01:13:40 am »

took too long for a reply so i just went with wrestler

my hammerlord took him down in like 2 seconds

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: March 16, 2010, 05:07:53 am »

Athel, my old Mayor, lived with his wife Domas, actual Mayor. She started bitching about elk leather gloves not being made and so on.

So I appointed Captain of the Guard. The first thing that he have done was beating poor Athel to death for some old tantrum-related table throwing.

What about Domas? "She has been ecstatic lately. She admired her own bed lately."

She plotted against him, I'm 106% sure.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 05:15:30 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: March 16, 2010, 05:14:06 am »

Tantrum spiral over an entire year took me from 95 to 22 dwarves, half of which are children, with many adults bedridden. The main drawbridge was repaired just in time to admit the Elf caravan, which must have regretted it as soon as they saw the inside...

To commemorate the event, I have minted steel coins.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 05:20:53 am by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: March 16, 2010, 09:11:55 am »

I forgot about water pressure and completely flooded my meeting hall, and several bedrooms. On the upside I got a mood and got a clear garnet animal trap out of the deal. This may not sound like much, but when placed in my king's chamber it made it Royal and will hopefully make my king stop tantruming and beating the @#$! out of every animal he runs across. So far he's only killed one donkey, but I have about a dozen goats, hoary marmots, cows and donkeys wandering around with several red parts and passing out every few feet. Looks like most of them will down in the meeting hall.  Oh, also my Dungeon Master got struck down trying to tame a Duck Billed Dinosaur (I use orcs pack and dinosaurs pack)
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: March 16, 2010, 10:38:47 am »

The human guild representative ran into a orc ambush 2 tiles from the edge of the map while he was leaving.  Naturally instead of running towards the nearby impenetrable fortress he tries a couple (American) football moves to try to make it to the map edge.  Unfortunately for him, he is not Ben Roethlisberger and is quickly processed into kibble.

Kinda makes me wish I cheated and made him a wrestling demigod in companion.  Oh well too late now.

My mayor was apperantly changed as well.  But I didn't notice until my new mayor tantrummed and put a pick through some random horse's skull. 3 guesses as to what his old profession was and why I don't want to make him mad.  First two don't count.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: March 16, 2010, 12:33:24 pm »

Had to abandon my weird freezing/evaporating fort so I started on the Dig Dwarfier version of Dwarf Heaven. Everything is still there except for the Chasm which is ok by me. Anyhoo, one of the children that arrived with a migrant wave grew up and then subsequently became Mayor. He then proceeded to mandate an item be made from Giant Frog Leather. And then, in an even that is shrouded in mystery to this day, he proceeded to find his way into the bottomless pit.

Poor Lolor. You will not be missed. Except by the 7 people that were your friends.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: March 16, 2010, 12:52:52 pm »

Having trouble getting into a new serious fort even though the release could be a month out still. I can't bring myself to care about these dwarves after 4.5 months with my last guys :\

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: March 16, 2010, 01:09:59 pm »

Having trouble getting into a new serious fort even though the release could be a month out still. I can't bring myself to care about these dwarves after 4.5 months with my last guys :\

Start writing a diary/journal/thing, even if no one will propably read it. You get attached to a fort quicker :P
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: March 16, 2010, 01:22:35 pm »

I have a 20-something page community story down in that forum, but not a lot's been happening in it and I've been having trouble going back. I want to start anew, though; I haven't done a regular old 'seven dwarves, just dig vaguely over there' thing in a long time. I keep getting a few months in and then kind of wondering what the point is this time. I guess I've hit that point that many other not-playing-until-next-release people have. But I just need something to do!

belannaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: March 16, 2010, 02:06:26 pm »

I enabled invaders again after several years of calmness (working on some outdoors projects). Finally got a bugbear siege and sent my marksdwarves lead by the captain of the guard. The marksdwarves naturally were picking their noses somewhere so the captain went alone against ~20 bugbears. I was thrilled since he has an artifact adamantium crossbow and was expecting to see some serious crossbow action. When he was about 50 steps from the bugbears I wondered how many bolts he has. Not to anyone's surprise he had zero bolts but that is not all. Not only did he not have bolts but he didn't even have skill in using the crossbow eventhough he had been training for years. Quick scan at the skills and I notice that he is now a legendary hammerdwarf... yes, my artifact adamantium crossbow is a bludgeoning weapon and not a ranged weapon. Still seeing bunch bugbears fly about 50 steps or so in the air while rest of them are either dying or instakilled in few seconds is worth it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: March 16, 2010, 02:18:25 pm »

My mayor was apperantly changed as well.  But I didn't notice until my new mayor tantrummed and put a pick through some random horse's skull. 3 guesses as to what his old profession was and why I don't want to make him mad.  First two don't count.
Miner, Butcher, aaaaannnnd... Cheese Maker?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: March 16, 2010, 07:06:11 pm »

I just watched an elven caravan get murdered by fire imps ^_^ 

the way things happen the elves ended up surrounded by fire with no where to go as the imps closed in on them. Go imps!
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #1753 on: March 16, 2010, 07:18:21 pm »

The local human civilization is named Dur Pis.

*giggle*
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: March 16, 2010, 07:26:31 pm »

Copied the save folder, and used reveal.exe to ensure I had HFS on my map. Turns out I didn't. So, to help depopulate the region, I brought everone I could to a small chamber at the lowest z-level next to the magma pipe. I meant to do obsidian casting, but I messed up a little on digging the waterway for it, so there wasn't much enough flow to get it there in a timely manner. There were only four survivors, one of whom was a crippled hunter. I drafted the other three and stationed them on the door that was holding back the lava. And then there was one...

During this, I caved in an area that my Trade Depot was on while a human caravan was there. The wagons were floating.
Goodbye Wheeledarmors. Next fortress!

Oh, but I went back in Adventure mode. Upon arriving, I saw a message that the wagon was scuttled.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 3836