Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5855369 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19185 on: February 15, 2012, 11:37:23 pm »

I had a nice fort going that got up to about 210 dwarves...

Then a zombie got in.  Just one, and I didn't see it right away.

It killed a dwarf.   This dwarf then came back.  Then they managed to kill about 12 more dwarves.   By this time I realized I had a problem but my military was busy dealing with the ~150 giant mosquitoes on the surface.

It got worse.

These dwarves then got into one of the bedroom hallways and shortly after there were 30 or so of them.

And then they charged into the dining hall, with 138 idle dwarves and 160 more cats as well as 50 war dogs.  The dwarves couldn't do the normal hauling jobs due to the aforementioned giant mosquitoes.

It was carnage.

Glorious, glorious carnage.  There are no words in the english language to describe it.  Dwarves and zombies dieing and near- instantly reanimating, animals and parts zombifiying as well.

Every tile in the room was listed as "pool of blood".  There were about 400 more units on the map afterwards from reanimated parts.   My military got slaughtered when they tried to clean it up.

Even if the fort had been salvagable (it wasn't) my framerate was not.

Your fortress has crumbled to its end.

That made me think of dead space.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19186 on: February 15, 2012, 11:38:06 pm »

well... after imploding my fort i had 2 dead dorfs. after a few mins urist mcsurvivor was found drained of all blood...
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19187 on: February 15, 2012, 11:40:00 pm »

Look at all of your dwarves' histories.  The one who has a huge number of "used to be a member of..  x" or "former member of... x" is the vampire.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19188 on: February 15, 2012, 11:40:37 pm »

Look at all of your dwarves' histories.  The one who has a huge number of "used to be a member of..  x" or "former member of... x" is the vampire.

i know who the vamp is he is the only 1 left

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19189 on: February 15, 2012, 11:41:02 pm »

well... after imploding my fort i had 2 dead dorfs. after a few mins urist mcsurvivor was found drained of all blood...

More implosions are necessary.
And magma.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19190 on: February 15, 2012, 11:42:23 pm »

So when you get migrants next you should atom smash him ASAP.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19191 on: February 15, 2012, 11:42:46 pm »

More implosions are necessary.
And magma.

your right. I thought an implosion that flew thousands of pounds of stone would work. next time i'll make sure the implosion will drop the fort into the magma sea.

So when you get migrants next you should atom smash him ASAP.

lulz i is got no food. the vamp should die

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19192 on: February 15, 2012, 11:44:58 pm »

Dropping a fort into the planetary core to kill a single undead abomination.....
Few things are as dwarfy as that. +2DF points for you.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19193 on: February 15, 2012, 11:45:33 pm »

Vamps don't eat, sleep or...  well, they drink blood, but that's it.

Dropping a fort into the planetary core to kill a single undead abomination.....

Also, this.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19194 on: February 15, 2012, 11:46:53 pm »

Also, this.

so I can't kill it... I must be cursed my armok or something

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19195 on: February 15, 2012, 11:49:47 pm »

Also, this.

so I can't kill it... I must be cursed my armok or something

Cursed? No. Armok is challenging you to get rid of that thing.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19196 on: February 15, 2012, 11:51:36 pm »

If anything kill it for the satisfaction of knowing that it can't show up to a future fort.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19197 on: February 15, 2012, 11:54:03 pm »

If anything kill it for the satisfaction of knowing that it can't show up to a future fort.

Well I could designate the mining profession and have the vamp dig into a lava pit.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19198 on: February 15, 2012, 11:56:24 pm »

I wan't this fort to die. so i'm just gonna dig into the magma sea and end it

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19199 on: February 15, 2012, 11:57:21 pm »

I wan't this fort to die. so i'm just gonna dig into the magma sea and end it

In which case, just flat do it.
Pages: 1 ... 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 ... 3836