Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1332 1333 [1334] 1335 1336 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5860724 times)

Archos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19995 on: February 26, 2012, 02:49:18 pm »

A human diplomat appeared, followed by a goblin ambush. Too bad for them that my best speardwarf was near the gate.

His first victim died with style:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Clutzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19996 on: February 26, 2012, 02:50:59 pm »

Emerald Wheels is down to its one,walled-in, injured vampire mayor left after a severe siege occured. Seeing if they'll eventually go away so I can try to repair what's lost. Also because I'm stubborn. Otherwise I'll abandon. Oh look. Here's another one. Makes 113 invaders now. Yeah, we'll see how long this goes. Though this could be a good test to see how long it takes a vampire to go insane.

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19997 on: February 26, 2012, 03:02:44 pm »

Happy day! My militia commander, after about 9 months on leave, is now able to return to the barracks with his sparring partner. He was injured in a recent siege, having his left arm fractured in two places. Since he was also missing his right hand, he was unable to grasp anything, and was left as an unfortunate cripple for 9 months. I didn't know if he would ever recover, but now he's able to use his left hand again, and I'm reinstating him to the front.

I also learned that his child was kidnapped by goblins at some point in the past, though I don't remember them going missing

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #19998 on: February 26, 2012, 03:05:04 pm »

I became frustrated with the cavern fort I've been doing so I dug too deep. All the cave moss is on fire, it's glorious.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19999 on: February 26, 2012, 04:21:25 pm »

I redesigned my fort after watching a live broadcast of someone else. 5 years and you got a awesome tower? screw this organic push, I'm making a tower too, and I'm copying some defense strategies. This is the first time I've used marksdwarves in any large capacity, from a second floor Fortication lookout. True, they dont' train off of the archery targets, but that doesn't matter 'cus they shoot at things so often. They work well with the war dogs covering the entrance. One grapples, while the guys above have target practice.

I just had a wearhyena attack, reminding me of why I should fear the night. It killed a few dwarves wandering around outside, and injured a few war dogs before it ran off. My markdwarves didn't hit it once.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20000 on: February 26, 2012, 04:30:44 pm »

I also learned that his child was kidnapped by goblins at some point in the past, though I don't remember them going missing
Migrants are historical figures now. Perhaps the child was kidnapped before he migrated?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20001 on: February 26, 2012, 04:31:01 pm »

Continuation: RabbitHut the Grass-Devourer

01) Land Layout
02) Land Enemies
03) 2nd migrant wave mystery
04) 2nd migrant wave resolved
05) Code Yellow
06) Dwarves Save Dwarves

The last migrant wave left me with no additional dwarves, and almost ended in catastrophe.

Koyome and Nanoha are left outside, in a corner, near a pond.
The husks on all sides, begging them to lower their guard.

Then the Dwarven caravan appears 10 squares over !!!
The axe guard immediately strikes down some husks.
(I never sent my militia, too afraid of spreading ash...)

Nanoha gets inside, Koyome will soon follow.

The caravan guard shows no adverse effects from slaying the husks (yet).

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20002 on: February 26, 2012, 04:35:08 pm »

Tantrum spiral down fort down to 2 dwarves, a general laborer and a child. Labor went insane trying to build coffins to bury everyone in, leaving just the dwarf child. He lasted 6 months alone until a violent ghost punched him in the the face...

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20003 on: February 26, 2012, 06:59:49 pm »

Migrants are historical figures now. Perhaps the child was kidnapped before he migrated?
I don't think so, trying to zoom on the child shows me a spot just outside my pillbox and there've been multiple previous references in engravings to the abduction of the wee dwarf.

That and I've since had 2 children snatched from my fort without the snatcher ever being caught. :)

Also, one of my macedwarves just named his exceptional iron mace Kadanvashzud, "The Impervious Disembowelment". It's got 7 kills, the latest being a forgotten beast in the form of a gull.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:04:40 pm by Stoup »

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20004 on: February 26, 2012, 07:01:43 pm »

A human siege arrived and half were slaughtered by the undead migrants and elves. I took out a few more from the tower where I train my marksdwarves. It's beginning to look like a scene from Dawn of the Dead out there. No chance of migrants now. I'm thinking of doing a magma pumpstack and burning the surface, but I'm no good at them and it'll take a loooong time.

Also, I'm on the 1337 page. Muahaha.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20005 on: February 26, 2012, 07:15:44 pm »

Lil' Olon is at it again. She ran out of the barracks and singlehandedly shut down an ambush, killing three in about ten seconds. The others all ran into cage traps trying to escape.

On a related note, apparently magmacasting platforms in a river turns the water stagnant. -___________-

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tahlin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20006 on: February 26, 2012, 07:18:05 pm »

Gotta put something on page 1337.

First migration wave on my new fort gave me 23 dwarves, Nicknamed them all to find vampires and one dwarf didn't accept being named Urist McVampire. Thinking whether I'll kill him or use him for defence.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20007 on: February 26, 2012, 07:28:12 pm »

My poor vampire who I locked in a room to be my bookkeeper/manager isn't doing too well. I didn't realise how fast stats deteriorate when a dwarf is doing nothing. She's even becoming quite bad at her job.

I'll have to infect someone else and they can start a training school together. Last time I accidently let her out she drained 3 people though :D

Llamainaspitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20008 on: February 26, 2012, 08:00:56 pm »

gotta put something also.

Just got a Migrant wave of 9 people, Tested my Siege engines, and Killed two Pyromancer/necromancer spearmen. (The spearmen and the pyromancer is part of a mod.)
A trade caravan Just came, and is waiting for me to raise a Trade Depot that i just realized was destroyed.
Also, in the caverns, i have Two sieges, one of Antwomen, and the other of BATMAN(s)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #20009 on: February 26, 2012, 08:10:09 pm »

To suvive the 3rd goblin siege, my near hundred population fortress got 42 dwarves killed.
Since some time, i'm then now facing a tantrum spiral, people dying from thirst, getting berzerk etc...
And so far my population is now down to 28 and i don't think the tantrum spiral is finished (i hope a big wave of migrant will come, it's been very long my fort survive, waiting for the 4th goblin siege without having any real strength to stop it).

And i'm far from having enough coffin, so i can only guess by the time i have, there will be a bunch of ghosts, not helping the miserable level of life in that fort.

My chied medical that was the last dwarf with real medical skills just got berzerk and was put down definitively (in many parts) by my surviving axedwarves.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:11:57 pm by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 1332 1333 [1334] 1335 1336 ... 3836