Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1333 1334 [1335] 1336 1337 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5843759 times)

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20010 on: February 26, 2012, 08:14:05 pm »

Darn. One necromancer comes in and destroys my fort. My marksdwarves say "hey, we have no bolts, let's just round out there and hit the guy". They all get slaughtered. I recruit more, and they all get slaughtered too. War dogs fight, die, and get raised form the dead. Eventually I happen to get a dwarf that's both a marksdwarf and a hammerdwarf, and he proceeds to ritually slaughter all the corpses. They come back. Uh oh. I think I'll be making a new fort soon.

Edit: yeah, it's over...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit 2: Looking at the last few dwarves running in circles, I think all the ones remaining are awesome. Tehy're all ecstatic, despite all of their friends dying, being worn from drinking crappy booze in bad weather on the floor, and continuously being chased by hordes of zombies. One of them is carrying her child as she runs in circles. I nickname them all as "survivor of Stonetower", and abandon. If I see them again, it'll be so awesome.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:30:53 pm by malimbar04 »
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Guedez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20011 on: February 26, 2012, 08:18:02 pm »

leet page, must leave comment.

Im making a pyramid, lots of 'Trader' outside, they are friendly... or not

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20012 on: February 26, 2012, 08:38:39 pm »

leet page, must leave comment.

Im making a pyramid, lots of 'Trader' outside, they are friendly... or not
I vote caving the ground in from under them.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20013 on: February 26, 2012, 09:08:47 pm »

nice page.

I ended one of my forts by rerouting its magma cannon into the dining hall and then pulling the lever to fire it.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20014 on: February 26, 2012, 09:41:42 pm »

1337ness bitch.

Doortufts is now 35 years old, my oldest fort to date. Did some really ugly rewiring so my mechanism-pump-pressure plate based text display won't allow certain things to be typed that could fuck up a potentially sentient fortress and destroy the world. Crisis averted.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20015 on: February 27, 2012, 01:40:00 am »

....ok Evil areas(even when I only embark on the border!) are kicking my ass, but if I embark next to a tower, they seige after only one year. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET MY UNDEAD FUN AND STILL HAVE A FORT!?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20016 on: February 27, 2012, 01:51:34 am »

Handle your ass kicking like a dwarf and try again :P

Learn why your fort fell and do it better next time.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20017 on: February 27, 2012, 03:03:31 am »

Well, usually I'm doing fine until a large zombie(or 5) comes along and hands my militia commander his ass....

Huh, might need to embark with more than one military dorf then....(though giant zombies would still be a big problem....)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20018 on: February 27, 2012, 03:38:03 am »

I appear to have caught a weresomething in a cage. I may throw the Human into a handy pit, line the hall out with cage traps, seal him with floodgates, and wait.

This could mean excellent things for my creature moat.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20019 on: February 27, 2012, 04:18:46 am »

well, I've embarked on the edge of a sinister savanna with some non evil savanna and some non evil desert. It's raining vile slime, I've had to fight off several undead already, and most my dorfs are already unhappy.

So, business as usual then  :D

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20020 on: February 27, 2012, 05:17:24 am »

*facepalm* This is getting ridiculous. 5th fort in a row getting assr****d by the undead. I've currently down to the children, and there's a horse corpse with a name AND title(Skirthaunt the Phrase of Lashing) and another with just a name(Soundtruss). What is this I don't even

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20021 on: February 27, 2012, 05:20:32 am »

We're building a pump stack to draw water from the huge reservoir to convert it into a FTW machine.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20022 on: February 27, 2012, 06:05:52 am »

Shiiit. I ignored the mood of one of my axedwarves and now he is berserking in the entrance hall (biggest meeting zone) with an adamantine axe. Fortunately, his long-time sparring partner happened to come across the scene and now they are dueling to death in the middle of the hall, armored in leather and armed with adamantine. There can be only one.
You should call together a band of Dwarfs with rock flutes and iron drums to play this
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20023 on: February 27, 2012, 08:26:12 am »

A tamed tiercel peregrine got in a fight with a peregrine falcon. The tamed peregrine strangled the falcon until she died.

One of the engravers is being attacked by a flying raven.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:29:59 am by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #20024 on: February 27, 2012, 08:35:25 am »

Hmm... if I pump vast amounts of magma on the surface of a thick glacier, will the results be as hilarious as I think they will?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:40:19 am by SlimyMarmot »
Pages: 1 ... 1333 1334 [1335] 1336 1337 ... 3836