Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1350 1351 [1352] 1353 1354 ... 3838

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5927434 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20265 on: March 03, 2012, 05:10:12 pm »

PAVE EVERYTHING.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20266 on: March 03, 2012, 05:16:50 pm »

An undead mussel shell is chasing around a wild elephant.
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20267 on: March 03, 2012, 05:31:36 pm »

^
l
l

that is awesome :D :D
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20268 on: March 03, 2012, 05:31:50 pm »

No Comment..

It looks like the Planter...

8)

...Got planted.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20269 on: March 03, 2012, 05:35:36 pm »

Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20270 on: March 03, 2012, 05:35:42 pm »

No Comment..

It looks like the Planter...

8)

...Got planted.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyy.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20271 on: March 03, 2012, 05:57:41 pm »

Ehehehe.

Anyway, meanwhile in Rockgrizzles...
I saw a cluster of red-coloured dwarves standing around the floor I'd placed accidentally and designated to be removed. I thought, hang on a minute, what's this?! On closer inspection, yes, those children were all working, and I checked on the others and all but two of the fifteen dwarven children (not babies) in my fort are working somehow. :o The other two are busy getting drunk. All these kids were born at my fort, by the way... We don't get any migrants these days, due to being dirt-poor.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
See, over there on the left, that's where I'm building my slums. And there are a few other kids throughout the picture on their way to join them, too. Crazy stuff... And you guys complain about getting children! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20272 on: March 03, 2012, 06:09:29 pm »

Ehehehe.

I saw a cluster of red-coloured dwarves standing around the floor I'd placed accidentally and designated to be removed. I thought, hang on a minute, what's this?! On closer inspection, yes, those children were all working, and I checked on the others and all but two of the fifteen dwarven children (not babies) in my fort are working somehow. :o The other two are busy getting drunk. All these kids were born at my fort, by the way... We don't get any migrants these days, due to being dirt-poor.

See, over there on the left, that's where I'm building my slums. And there are a few other kids throughout the picture on their way to join them, too. Crazy stuff... And you guys complain about getting children! :P

Since deconstruction is not actually a labor, all able-bodied dwarves do it, including children.  This has been true for some time.  It's like harvesting plants.

Now if they're building the walls, that's something different.  :P

In my fort, I finally figured out why my armorsmith wasn't making those last ten pieces of armor.  Turns out that the manager queued them to the wrokshop that I had reserved for my weaponsmith, and as it couldn't be used by the armorsmith, they'd been sitting there in the queue for the past two months.  Heh, whoops.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20273 on: March 03, 2012, 06:38:11 pm »

Dwarven merchants arrived. They spawned right into a goblin ambush. The goblins killed one yak, before getting killed by the caravan guard.
Ofcourse, this promptly caused the caravan to make a 180 turn and head back off the map.
But not before 2 merchants went berserk and killed another 2 merchants, which in turn caused 2 yaks to go melancholy, and one to go insane.
They're left at map edge now, and my dwarves are quickly offloading the goods from their backs, before the last remaining caravan guard, that refuses to leave the map, but rather stays behind to guard the 3 yaks, goes berserk as well.

I've never seen merchants go berserk / insane this fast
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 06:39:52 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #20274 on: March 03, 2012, 06:45:55 pm »

Playing the Pokemon mod, and embarked on a volcano. My base will be modelled after Team
The makers accidentally released a test version in which charmanders evolve VERY quickly, so one of my charmanders is already a Charizard. I'm going to chain him above my entrance so that he can breath fire on any who come. I urge you, download the Fort version of this mod. They finally got evolution to work. You can have a caterpie silk farm, or a squirtle egg industry.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Portalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20275 on: March 03, 2012, 07:24:13 pm »

So since I was low on food, I attacked (and killed) a caravan.

The caravan happened to be dorfs.

So then, it seems like half of my fort started attacking the other half, which was quickly put down by my 4 L+5 military dorfs. Engage tantrum spiral, which I survived.

Fortress life goes on as usual, got some ghosts, made tombs, etc.

Then some migrants arrived.

The migrants were apparently hostile to my dwarfs?
I dunno what happened there.

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20276 on: March 03, 2012, 07:29:10 pm »

It's called a Loyalty Cascade.

What happens is that when a dwarf kills a member of your own civilization, they then become an enemy of your civilization but they don't stop being a member. So when a dwarf kills that dwarf they also become an enemy of your civilization. Repeat ad infinitum.

Don't kill the dwarven caravan.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20277 on: March 03, 2012, 07:42:21 pm »

Ehehehe.

Children have always participated in deconstructing buildings and gathering crops.

Unrelated: Lol loyalty cascade.

As for me, new fortress because last one was starting to die from the thousands of stone from my ground levelling project, plus I need to test the new additions to my mod. Strike the earth, yadda yadda.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20278 on: March 03, 2012, 07:55:02 pm »

After hearing about the exciting new effects of evil biomes, I decided to start up a fort in one. I was forced to brave rains of revolting slush to get the food and the far more critical booze inside. It gave everyone fevers, doesn't seem to evaporate, and pours from the sky every few days.

I think I'm going to keep the door locked as often as possible.

EDIT: "Your settlement has crumbled to its end"

I lost a dwarf because I had unsealed to try to get a trade depot built, then moronically tried again and lost two more, then when I opened the door to let in the migrants one of the zombies made it inside and killed a dwarf, and the corpses didn't get magma-dumped before they reanimated.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 08:47:32 pm by (name here) »
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

Dalkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20279 on: March 03, 2012, 09:22:33 pm »

No hatches on my entrance channels. The mines, filled with precious hematite and native platinum, are slowly filling with water while the carpenter hastily knocks some hatches together.
Pages: 1 ... 1350 1351 [1352] 1353 1354 ... 3838