Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1358 1359 [1360] 1361 1362 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5861093 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20385 on: March 08, 2012, 12:50:57 pm »

1. Build a completely isolated reservoir out of stone blocks.
2. Build pump to draw and purify water from the river.
3. Pump water.
4. Examine water in reservoir: "Stagnant Water 7/7"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20386 on: March 08, 2012, 01:39:00 pm »

So in the one 31.25 fort I still have running the plainpacked glitch resulted in all of my gems being put on one artifact shield with the base material being adamantine.

My fortress value increased by like three orders of magnitude.

Unfortunately, I needed those diamonds for something else so I savescummed it.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20387 on: March 08, 2012, 02:26:24 pm »

Goddamn dorfs are fighting with the goddamn dogs on a goddamn mountainside.

My Head Smith already dodged off the mountain and broke every bone in his right arm and his left lower leg.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20388 on: March 08, 2012, 02:28:50 pm »

Here comes this year's elven caravan, to reinforce Zombie City outside the walls. ::)
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20389 on: March 08, 2012, 02:35:56 pm »

Last night:

"Hmm, wonder if there's a new version out...  Ooo, yes; there is!"

(Installs, tweaks, gens a world, settles down for a little fortress-starting fun before bed.)

(DOES NOT ACTUALLY READ INFORMATION ON .34.05 release.)

"Hunh, ravens?  That's new."

"It's...  raining elf blood?"

It is raining elf blood! x68

"Damn, but that's a lot of blood.  I wonder if I can get a maxi-pad for the sky?  This stuff just won't quit!"

Woodcutter cancels deforestation:  Interrupted by kestrel corpse.

Everyone cancels everything:  Interrupted by kestrel corpse! x28

Armorsmith has been struck down.

Turkey has been found dead.

Chief medical dwarf has been stricken by melancholy.

(Whimpers, savescums, crawls into bed.)

I've finally made it to mid-spring without disaster this time.  This is going to be ≈FUN≈ and I haven't even seen a vampire yet.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 03:26:07 pm by melomel »
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20390 on: March 08, 2012, 02:39:34 pm »

3. Pump water.

6. ???
7. Profit

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20391 on: March 08, 2012, 02:44:51 pm »

Crundles! :o

Killed the woodsdorf/warrior, invading the fortress proper. reinforced by troll and jabberer.

Goddamn caverns...

Now there's dralthas in the plumbing! Does it never end!?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 02:54:02 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20392 on: March 08, 2012, 04:34:43 pm »

3. Pump water.

6. Frustration.
7. Dead dwarves.
8. ????
9. Profit.
ftfy

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20393 on: March 08, 2012, 04:47:03 pm »

Now there's dralthas in the plumbing! Does it never end!?

Ok, if they got into your sewers.... Wtf did you feed those dorfs?

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20394 on: March 08, 2012, 05:48:07 pm »

Just had a pretty awesome Goblin siege.

60-odd goblins, 15 lashers mounted on jabberers and ruthers, a regiment of bowgobs, one of axe, one of spear. Nearly 20 ogres.

The bows were led by a macelord, the axe by a swordsmaster, the spear by a spearmaster and the mounted lashers by a turtle fiend (on jabberer) clad in dwarf teeth/bone/nail/hair jewelry and masterful furs and leathers.

The ogres managed to break through the outer walls of my fortress in two different places. On one place three ogres got in and mucked about a bit, one made it to my actual front door but was halted by a tame black mamba before being (slowly and painfully) battered to death by a few more dwarfs, the other door that was broken cost 5-6 ogres their freedom and three more their life before my dwarven melee surged out and made an utter mess of both the ogres and the goblin horse behind them. One of the dwarfs was an adept swordsdwarf with masterful steel short sword and he raked up 5 kills in one single battle, 3 of which were ogres.

The spearmaster went up against a hammerdwarf who tapped him (not so lightly) on the hand with a masterful bronze war hammer, disarming him.

I don't know what happened to the swordsmaster, the spearmaster was beaten to death and the macelord vanquished my Tiercel Peregrine who had been hopping about on the battlefield. It's still hopping because he didn't even finish the damn bird.

His tortoisiness managed to escape.

I think I'm going to replace lots of cage-traps with weapon traps (still got plenty of discs and the newly acquired goblin weapons would be hilarious too) for extra gore and less trouble.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

h.scorpio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20395 on: March 08, 2012, 05:52:58 pm »

Just got my first ambush in my most recent fortress - a squad of 10ish elves.
My rookie squad of 6 marksdwarves made short work of them, mostly by mauling them to death with their wooden crossbows.
Now I have some competent hammerdwarfs, who also happen to be novice marksdwarves. :D

First siege follows shortly after that, this time 10ish goblins, and they carry REAL weapons, not that wooden crap, so I have raised the drawbridge to prepare a bit for them.

breadman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20396 on: March 08, 2012, 05:56:57 pm »

Almost a month into spring of Razorpacked's second year, and I get more migrants!  After two waves, I had gotten up to 15 adults and 4 children.  I had also just ordered the parts for nine more bedrooms.

That's barely enough to cover the children in this new wave.  On top of that, there are 19 new adults.  Granted, half of them have mad skillz that should come in handy, so I'm happy with the group, but still overwhelmed.

It's interesting that the great tracker comes with her own sasquatch nail bracelet and cougar hair amulet.  It's the little touches like this that make the game so great.

Meanwhile, I'm hooking up a pair of bridges (over a 9-z fall into the frequently frozen river) to pressure plates at the public end.  If I'm lucky, it should destroy ambushes without killing too many dwarves.  Perhaps I should add a safety net, though...
Quote from: Kevin Wayne, in r.g.r.n
Is a "diety" the being pictured by one of those extremely skinny aboriginal statues?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #20397 on: March 08, 2012, 06:38:49 pm »

An early and very small migrant wave in my new fort, a Weaponsmith , his wife a Wax Worker and his child (he has other childs but are adults and didn't arrived in the fort).

I looked at the guy thought

He is a former citizen of 3 places, but that's possible, nothing suspicious yet.
Then i noticed he had some kills, 43 kills !

Looking at his skills, he's skilled with hammer and adequate with dodging/shield and armor, he's a great weaponsmith and has some good levels in various social skills.

Should i suspect a vampire despite he came with a wife and a child, or is that just some very good pick in that migrant waves ?

Lainers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20398 on: March 08, 2012, 06:52:08 pm »

Nice one, Robsoie. Seens like Hill of Crews is not the best place to spend my vacation time :p

I have a bad case of lazy dwarfs. They are not depressed, just lazy...

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20399 on: March 08, 2012, 07:56:18 pm »

An early and very small migrant wave in my new fort, a Weaponsmith , his wife a Wax Worker and his child (he has other childs but are adults and didn't arrived in the fort).

I looked at the guy thought

He is a former citizen of 3 places, but that's possible, nothing suspicious yet.
Then i noticed he had some kills, 43 kills !

Looking at his skills, he's skilled with hammer and adequate with dodging/shield and armor, he's a great weaponsmith and has some good levels in various social skills.

Should i suspect a vampire despite he came with a wife and a child, or is that just some very good pick in that migrant waves ?

Possible vamp, but keep him anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 1358 1359 [1360] 1361 1362 ... 3836